+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Good day to all,
First, Good luck to all of u with your PR hope u all get it soon!
I have a few question regarding this subject, in land application for Spousal Sponsorship.
I'm not in Canada, not sure if will be able to go, my husband and I intend to do Outland sponsorship, however we know this will take a long time apart. Given the chance to go to Canada I'm wondering if we could do inland Sponsorship. I'm from Peru, we are married almost a year and have no children. We got married in Las Vegas, USA. but it is also registered in Peru.
What documents do I need from my country to follow up a inland sponsorship, in Canada? birth certificate, ordinary criminal records?
If going to Canada with a Visitor visa, will this inland sponsorship be possible? Would i have to remain in Canada? for how long?, Would i need another type of visa, or an extension maybe?.
Thank you very much for your answers and support!
God bless!

jpete042

Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my OWP application that I sent along with my inland common-law sponsorship application that I am hoping someone can shed some light on.

I sent in my sponsorship application along with my OWP in December 2016. I received an email from the CIC on January 17, 2017 saying that my "application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 23/12/2016". My common-law partner received an email from them as well on January 14, 2017 saying that his "application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/12/23" on my behalf. When I check my my sponsor's application status online using my partner's UCI and application number listed in the email he received, it says:

1) We received your application to sponsor (my name) on December 23, 2016.
2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2017.
3) We started processing your application on January 13, 2017.

When I check my own application using my UCI and application number, the website only states that my application has been received.

However, I have not received any acknowledgement of receipt for the OWP that I sent in the same application package, nor is the OWP mentioned in any of the correspondence that I have with the CIC. I am now worried that they may have lost it. From what I understand, sponsorship applications and OWPs are processed in different centres, with the sponsorship application being processed in Mississauga, Ontario, while OWPs are processed in Vegreville, Alberta, so it is entirely possible that my application has been lost in the mail, as it would need to be forwarded to that processing centre.

I would like to know from others who have submitted an OWP + sponsorship application, whether you received any acknowledgement from the CIC that your OWP was received before they approved your OWP. Do I just wait to receive an email saying that they have received it, or do I wait for the OWP in the mail? I mean, it's been two months since they received my application, so I don't understand why they haven't started processing it yet, or at least let me know that they have started processing it, even with the backlog of applications.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
I sent both my permanent residence application and owp application together in one envelope too in december 2016 like you. Like you also i got both aor s for me and my sponsor but nothing about my owp. Its been 2 months and i heard nothing. When i asked my lawyer about it he said that you ll hear once cic approve your owp application which 99% will be approved so no need to worry....

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Maina4576 said:
I sent both my permanent residence application and owp application together in one envelope too in december 2016 like you. Like you also i got both aor s for me and my sponsor but nothing about my owp. Its been 2 months and i heard nothing. When i asked my lawyer about it he said that you ll hear once cic approve your owp application which 99% will be approved so no need to worry....
it takes 4 months to get the OWP, so it shouldn't be expected to receive it before then. there is no notification given about the OWP. people know it's been issued when they receive it in the mail.

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Thanks for confirming what i said Cdnpr2014

Fyi8

Feb 22, 2017
Yayyyyy Just about to submit application on Monday ! So nervous !

Is anyone else doing open Work Permit application as well?

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Most of us did both together applications together...read the thread :)

Fyi8

Feb 22, 2017
I'm so nervous about this new 12 month timeline and all the backlog they must have :S
I wonder if it will make our applications even slower... or speed up the process
?

What do y'all think?

xx

jpete042

Feb 23, 2017
Maina4576 said:
CDNPR2014 said:
it takes 4 months to get the OWP, so it shouldn't be expected to receive it before then. there is no notification given about the OWP. people know it's been issued when they receive it in the mail.
Thank you, you two! Knowing that someone else is in the same boat as me really put me to ease :D

JazAndrei

Feb 25, 2017
Hello,
Me and my spouse got married Jan.19,2017(we are just waiting for our marriage certificate). She got her PR in the same month, she didn't declare me during her PR processing because we are not aware about sponsorship programs and because we are a same sex couples( honestly,in our country they are not acknowledging this kind of relationship) we've been in a relationship since 2012, we started as a Temporary Foreign Worker here in Canada and we lived in one address since 2015. During her PR application I also have some application in line, but all of a sudden, the pointing system in express entry changed and I can no longer reach the points per draw in EE, so we decided to get married. So i was screwed, and so her agent advised us that my spouse can sponsor me. My questions are:

1. If we push through Sponsorship Are we going to encounter problems for not declaring about our relationship during her PR application?

2. What are the proofs we need to provide?

3. What are the documents we need to collect?

Please guide me. thanks folks..

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
jpete042 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my OWP application that I sent along with my inland common-law sponsorship application that I am hoping someone can shed some light on.

I sent in my sponsorship application along with my OWP in December 2016. I received an email from the CIC on January 17, 2017 saying that my "application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 23/12/2016". My common-law partner received an email from them as well on January 14, 2017 saying that his "application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/12/23" on my behalf. When I check my my sponsor's application status online using my partner's UCI and application number listed in the email he received, it says:

1) We received your application to sponsor (my name) on December 23, 2016.
2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2017.
3) We started processing your application on January 13, 2017.

When I check my own application using my UCI and application number, the website only states that my application has been received.

However, I have not received any acknowledgement of receipt for the OWP that I sent in the same application package, nor is the OWP mentioned in any of the correspondence that I have with the CIC. I am now worried that they may have lost it. From what I understand, sponsorship applications and OWPs are processed in different centres, with the sponsorship application being processed in Mississauga, Ontario, while OWPs are processed in Vegreville, Alberta, so it is entirely possible that my application has been lost in the mail, as it would need to be forwarded to that processing centre.

I would like to know from others who have submitted an OWP + sponsorship application, whether you received any acknowledgement from the CIC that your OWP was received before they approved your OWP. Do I just wait to receive an email saying that they have received it, or do I wait for the OWP in the mail? I mean, it's been two months since they received my application, so I don't understand why they haven't started processing it yet, or at least let me know that they have started processing it, even with the backlog of applications.

Any help would be much appreciated!
You should be able to link your OWP app to MyCIC.

From another thread:

Temp Residence---> Work permit--->Last and Given names and birth date combination----> left in BLANK city and country---> passport info---->Canada--->Marital Status----> Applied to Perm Res as spouse/CL inside Canada (last option).

You don't get any email confirmations from them for the OWP.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
JazAndrei said:
Hello,
Me and my spouse got married Jan.19,2017(we are just waiting for our marriage certificate). She got her PR in the same month, she didn't declare me during her PR processing because we are not aware about sponsorship programs and because we are a same sex couples( honestly,in our country they are not acknowledging this kind of relationship) we've been in a relationship since 2012, we started as a Temporary Foreign Worker here in Canada and we lived in one address since 2015. During her PR application I also have some application in line, but all of a sudden, the pointing system in express entry changed and I can no longer reach the points per draw in EE, so we decided to get married. So i was screwed, and so her agent advised us that my spouse can sponsor me. My questions are:

1. If we push through Sponsorship Are we going to encounter problems for not declaring about our relationship during her PR application?

2. What are the proofs we need to provide?

3. What are the documents we need to collect?

Please guide me. thanks folks..
I'm sorry to tell you but she can never sponsor you. This is a very serious rule. When you land, they ask if you have any dependants to declare. She committed misrepresentation by not telling them.

If she landed before the marriage, you are still out of luck because you were common-law.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
fiojohn said:
Good day to all,
First, Good luck to all of u with your PR hope u all get it soon!
I have a few question regarding this subject, in land application for Spousal Sponsorship.
I'm not in Canada, not sure if will be able to go, my husband and I intend to do Outland sponsorship, however we know this will take a long time apart. Given the chance to go to Canada I'm wondering if we could do inland Sponsorship. I'm from Peru, we are married almost a year and have no children. We got married in Las Vegas, USA. but it is also registered in Peru.
What documents do I need from my country to follow up a inland sponsorship, in Canada? birth certificate, ordinary criminal records?
If going to Canada with a Visitor visa, will this inland sponsorship be possible? Would i have to remain in Canada? for how long?, Would i need another type of visa, or an extension maybe?.
Thank you very much for your answers and support!
God bless!
It's usually pretty difficult to get a visitor's visa after you are married. If you show a lot of ties to your home country and have travel history, you will have a better chance. If you do get a visitor's visa then yes, you can apply inland. I suggest reading the requirements on the IRCC site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Aquakitty said:
It's usually pretty difficult to get a visitor's visa after you are married. If you show a lot of ties to your home country and have travel history, you will have a better chance. If you do get a visitor's visa then yes, you can apply inland. I suggest reading the requirements on the IRCC site http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Is that difficulty for visa exempt countries also? My partner and I are getting married at the end of April but my iec visa expires beginning of June so I need to apply to change to a visitor visa most likely immediately after we are married.

jpete042

Feb 23, 2017
Aquakitty said:
You should be able to link your OWP app to MyCIC.

From another thread:

Temp Residence---> Work permit--->Last and Given names and birth date combination----> left in BLANK city and country---> passport info---->Canada--->Marital Status----> Applied to Perm Res as spouse/CL inside Canada (last option).

You don't get any email confirmations from them for the OWP.
I haven't been able to link my application to MyCIC, and I've contacting the CIC three times about this issue. I've tried every combination possible, and have kept track of all the combinations. I've tried some of the tricks listed in this forum but none seem to work so I have given up on it. I was instructed not to enter Birth city and country because my country of origin that I listed in my application does not appear as one of the options in the drop-down menu on the website. I was instructed to enter my passport information instead. However, this does not seem to give any matches either. So I have given up on it. :(