+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I'm going to apply inland spouse referral visa for my would be wife.
I'm flying to India on March first week to get married and would be bring my wife along with me next week.
I'm PR here and my fiancé have 6 months tourist visa, which she got a month back.
My questions are, if someone can kindly guide me -

1) When we cross the immigration should she go seperately and tell immgration office that she is here only to meet her frens n she is still single?

2) Is it easy to file the spouse referral visa or should I hire an attorney?

3) My company transferred me here in Nov, so I also very new here, will it be problem to file her spouse referral visa?

Please let me know.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
9symmerty said:
Thank you RAHSAM!

To all 2016 In-land Applicants, feel free to add yourself on 2016 spreadsheet I've just made. This Spreadsheet includes all December 2015 applicants. I am no expert, the spreadsheet is very basic though I thought it might help us 2016 Applicants to see were we at :) Goodluck to all of us!!!

2016 IN-LAND APP SPREADSHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17aPsIj0oTt5QVh2cdQMoZrmbZU8mYOC5yBvYnzYrGqs/htmlview
How much the inland sponsorship fee?

floesp

Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2016
Med's Done....
03-07-2016
Interview........
(NA)=PCC Req 26-07-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
APP Received 20 Aug 2015
AOR Received 21 Sep 2015

Still in waiting "in Process"

Nu2This

Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 26, 2016
Hello 2016 applicants!

I love to see the good news so far for those who have applied thus far.

Quick questions:

Do I send the OWP to Mississauga with the PR application for my spouse?
On the OWP application, it says to send it to Vergreville.

For the Visitor Status extension Application, do I send that directly Vergreville?
I couldn't find the page where I could submit that application directly online, can someone send me the link please?
I plan to send this off right after I send the PR application.

Also, one question about the Visitor Status Extention Application, what does my spouse put down for the question asking about "funds available for my stay?" I am the sponsor, and I am currently supporting my spouse with the applications are going through.
What suffices as a means for proof of support?

For forms that are not applicable to us; i.e. common-law union declaration and use of representative forms, do we have to still print those, attach them to the application package, but just write N/A on them all?

Sorry for all of the questions, just want to make sure I am getting this right.

Thank you all for your help.

WillemH.P

Dec 18, 2015
Nu2This said:
Hello 2016 applicants!

Quick questions:

For the Visitor Status extension Application, do I send that directly Vergreville?
I couldn't find the page where I could submit that application directly online, can someone send me the link please?

Also, one question about the Visitor Status Extention Application, what does my spouse put down for the question asking about "funds available for my stay?" I am the sponsor, and I am currently supporting my spouse with the applications are going through.

For forms that are not applicable to us; i.e. common-law union declaration and use of representative forms, do we have to still print those, attach them to the application package, but just write N/A on them all?

I'm not confident in answering all your questions, but I did not send in the use of representative forms, I heard of someone who wrote N/A on the form and sent it in without signing, this led to the application being sent back because of the missing signature! always sign everything you sen in!

Oileda

Jun 16, 2014
9symmerty said:
Hi! Some December applicants have received their AOR including myself though some didn't. If you look at the timesheets of 2015, many of previous months applicants have not received their AOR as well, though some of them did not get their AOR's at all but have gotten their OWP around 3-4 months of their application. I would suggest to wait until 4 months and if you still haven't heard from CPC Mississauga, call them. I know some applicants from November was told by the operator to wait after 4 months. I would also suggest for you to check eCAS as well using the receipt number of your application. And also follow the thread Inland Applicants 2015. Many members will be able to answer any question based on their experience :)
Hi 9symmerty,
My immigration consultant filed our application October 16, 2015. Until now we havent received an AOR. It will be 4 months on February 16, 2016. Is this normal? And what is an eCAS?

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Oileda said:
Hi 9symmerty,
My immigration consultant filed our application October 16, 2015. Until now we havent received an AOR. It will be 4 months on February 16, 2016. Is this normal? And what is an eCAS?
Hi guys sorry for the late response! You have to wait until 4 months because if you do call before 4 months they will tell you to call them again. Some applicants never got their AOR but got their OWP in the mail. You might wanna go to this site and check if your application is in ecas
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/;jsessionid=005B949F47FF8EEF06F603F76814B088?app=ecas&lang=en

From there you can chekc the progress of your application ONLY after they have entered your application to their system already. AOR's are sent mostly to your sponsors email address you have provided on your application and you might wanna check the spam folder too. If you dont have the AOR yet then use your REciept number or your sponsors client id number to see if your application is in the system yet

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Nu2This said:
Hello 2016 applicants!

Quick questions:

t

Hi sorry for the late response. You can submit your PR and OWP APPS together to CPC-MISSISAUGA. some applicants that did not send their OWP app with thir PR APP can do so by sendinh their application for OWP to vegreville.

You can apply for Visitors extension online
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

For the funds available: i sent them a copy of recent paystub and yours or your spouses bank accou t record and mention in your cover letter that you have applied for PR AND OWP and send them a proof of those applications like the date CPC receieved your application. You amy not need to have to apply for visitors visa extension because your OWP application alone could give you an implied status. Though its better to be sure than sorry because what other applicants fear is having their apps returned due to some reason and lose their implied status. As for me, i did the same thing. Id tather pay and extra $100 for my visitors extension so if ever they return my app for some reason, the. I wouldnt have to worry about losing my implied status because i have also sent an app for my visitor visa extension.

Regarding the documents that doesnt apply to you, just put N/A on them. Goodluck!

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
Hi All - quick question, for applying for inland application, do we need to get our passport updated with the spouse names ?
Thanks in advance for the reply.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
roy1107 said:
Hi All - quick question, for applying for inland application, do we need to get our passport updated with the spouse names ?
Thanks in advance for the reply.
I didn't get my last name changed because it might take time to get my passport renewed. I suggest you post an inquiry to INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015 forum and a lot of successful applicants would be able to help you like Ponga and sophieee

roy1107

Feb 1, 2016
9symmerty said:
I didn't get my last name changed because it might take time to get my passport renewed. I suggest you post an inquiry to INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015 forum and a lot of successful applicants would be able to help you like Ponga and sophieee
Thanks

akatamaneni

Jan 26, 2016
Hello folks,
I've dropped a Spousal PR application back in October 2015(17th October) and we haven't received a file number yet. I could see many of us who applied applied later got their AOR's but not me.
Will there be any reasons for it?

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
akatamaneni said:
Hello folks,
I've dropped a Spousal PR application back in October 2015(17th October) and we haven't received a file number yet. I could see many of us who applied applied later got their AOR's but not me.
Will there be any reasons for it?
Yes there's actually a lot of October applicants hasnt/never got their AOR's but based on the recent threads this week, October applicants have been getting their OWP approved and mailed to them without receiving their AOR's