07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi there,
My Husband is an international student and We got married last April 2017, I went to the cic website but we got confused which paperworks/application forms we need to fill out. Can someone help me which forms do we need to fill out. he's study permit will expire on January 2017. Does he need to extend his student visa or he can apply an open work permit along the Spousal application in land? and if you guys can put the link as well. Pls help. We'll gladly appreciate it and thank you in advance. We are really worry and confused. :(
He needs to maintain a legal status in Canada during the process. He can do it either by extending is current study permit or by applying for an OWP. If he plans to continue his studies beyond the expiration of his current study permit, he must apply to extend it. If he plans to finish his studies before the expiration of the current study permit, then he should apply for the OWP.

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Officialy a month and still no update for my partner's landing interview. We feel like we should contact CIC thru phone any tips on how we can speak directly to a human being? Thanks! :)

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
Finally back from landing. Its a long story because I recently moved to Quebec but had to land in Calgary because I did not update my address to Quebec to avoid delay and having to apply for CSQ.
It only cost us the expenses for the trip but its totally worth it. Got my COPR and my SIN before flying back to Montreal. I even called RAMQ and applied for health on the phone.
To all those still waiting, don't worry, your time is coming very very very soon.
Thank everyone for answering questions here, of course kudos to @profiler and (mon voisin) @sylvain1.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Finally back from landing. Its a long story because I recently moved to Quebec but had to land in Calgary because I did not update my address to Quebec to avoid delay and having to apply for CSQ.
It only cost us the expenses for the trip but its totally worth it. Got my COPR and my SIN before flying back to Montreal. I even called RAMQ and applied for health on the phone.
To all those still waiting, don't worry, your time is coming very very very soon.
Thank everyone for answering questions here, of course kudos to @profiler and (mon voisin) @sylvain1.
Everyone likes a trip? right?

Congrats! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Officialy a month and still no update for my partner's landing interview. We feel like we should contact CIC thru phone any tips on how we can speak directly to a human being? Thanks! :)
You can try the Citizenship options. They don't like when people do this. But if you are desperate, you can explain that to the person on the phone.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Congratulations!
I was wondering if RAMQ would give any trouble for any PR moving shortly after landing to Quebec, but it seems to be going well for you. I'm happy that it was not an issue. This CSQ is just a waste of time and money, so it's good you could avoid it.

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
AH I see, I thought I had been checking myCIC all this time! Such a newbie!

Thank you so much for all your help Profiler!
Just got notified re: AIP!
Yes, I am trying to determine if you should be checking email, or myCIC.

Regarding PCC, if you have been in Canada since the PCC was issued (meaning you didn't go back), then it would be fine.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Just got notified re: AIP!
Congrats. Did you check in myCIC to see if there was a request for a medical? If not, then your medical must still be good. Hopefully soon you will get a Decision letter (telling you that your application will be finalized at an interview (the landing interview).

Since you are in Ontario, you can use the AIP letter to apply for OHIP.

Reactions: sylvain1

seraphim09

May 12, 2017
Congrats. Did you check in myCIC to see if there was a request for a medical? If not, then your medical must still be good. Hopefully soon you will get a Decision letter (telling you that your application will be finalized at an interview (the landing interview).

Since you are in Ontario, you can use the AIP letter to apply for OHIP.
Thanks Profiler and Sylvain1!

No medical request yet but my tests were done in August so they've definitely expired. I'll probably get a request soon..? I already have my OHIP based on my OWP but it expires in a year along with my work contract. Will using my AIP letter give me an OHIP card with no expiry date?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thanks Profiler and Sylvain1!

No medical request yet but my tests were done in August so they've definitely expired. I'll probably get a request soon..? I already have my OHIP based on my OWP but it expires in a year along with my work contract. Will using my AIP letter give me an OHIP card with no expiry date?
No it would be valid for another year after AIP (I believe that's what I read).

Marie_genial

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2016
Doc's Request.
June 06, 2017
AOR Received.
July 08, 2016
Med's Request
June 06,2017
Med's Done....
June 10,2017
Congratulations!
I was wondering if RAMQ would give any trouble for any PR moving shortly after landing to Quebec, but it seems to be going well for you. I'm happy that it was not an issue. This CSQ is just a waste of time and money, so it's good you could avoid it.
Thanks. I am so happy to avoid the CSQ too, especially because it takes more time.

badr2125

Nov 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Just a quick question ! My wife passed the medical and she was asked to send a police certificate from her original country but they didn't ask about fingerprint from canada. Is it required to send a fingerprint from RCMP or not ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello Everyone,
Just a quick question ! My wife passed the medical and she was asked to send a police certificate from her original country but they didn't ask about fingerprint from canada. Is it required to send a fingerprint from RCMP or not ?
Only if they have asked for it.