AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
I just received a letter from the CIC saying the photos I sent didn't meet the specfications for the PR Card. This is BULLS&*#. I went to a photographer who's done this plenty of times, and we triple-checked to make sure they met specifications. A friend of mine just shared with me that she had to resend hers 3 TIMES because there's some issues with the hollographic material they put over the photo....a slippage issue. She had to email the office of the Prime Minister and get them involved because 7 months later she still had no PR CARD!

Has anyone been through a similar situation?

I cannot believe this is happening. I want to cry.
oh my! I will be crying too if this happens to me...already made plans for visiting home in December. We shouldnt be penalized if their system isnt properly working. I took my photos at WalMart, I know its not the photographer, we checked and double checked the specifications, she knew what she was doing.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@kokopelli @dskeard
As American's, you might be better to cross at a land crossing, then fly. Not only would this bypass your need for a PR Card (you can bring your COPR), but you would pay less for taxes associated with air travel.

When you get to the border, you may have to explain that you didn't get your PR Card yet, but they can check based on your passport (and having COPR in hand might be helpful). I haven't done this, but I would expect it shouldn't be an issue at a land crossing. It's typically air lines that would have a problem, because they have to make sure you have a valid travel document before boarding.

I don't believe you are being penalized. The system seems to work fine. The vast majority of cards seem to be released on time. I suspect they are having trouble with some photos (maybe it's the paper they are being printed on?).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Yas-incanada-spouse

Jun 30, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
My husband had his application mailed and received on November 15, 2016 without PC and Medical!
I too applied on 15 November 2016 with medical upfront... now my status says medical passed... does this mean i no longer need to do medical again... i thought it was expired long back...

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys,

For the friends who are waiting for their background checks... hope this information is helpful.

I requested my BG check status to CSIS back in September 21, 2017 and just received response from CSIS.

It says CSIS received BG check request from IRCC at June 29, 2017 and was completed at September 22, 2017 the result was communicated to CBSA and IRCC on the same day (September 22, 2017).

I received my DM letter on October 17, 2017.

Thus, my security check was completed in 3 months and IRCC was able to process the result in 25 Days.

Hope it gives some form of timeframe for friends who are waiting :)

P.S. CSIS letter comes in pretty nice format with a nice paper.... and has signature from assistant director operations lol

Reactions: esjen and sylvain1

inlandPRfeb17

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hey guys,

For the friends who are waiting for their background checks... hope this information is helpful.

I requested my BG check status to CSIS back in September 21, 2017 and just received response from CSIS.

It says CSIS received BG check request from IRCC at June 29, 2017 and was completed at September 22, 2017 the result was communicated to CBSA and IRCC on the same day (September 22, 2017).

Thus, my security check was completed in 3 months and IRCC was able to process the result in 25 Days.

P.S. CSIS letter comes in pretty nice format with a nice paper.... and has signature from assistant director operations lol

Nice, thanks for sharing! Can you tell me when you applied?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guys,

The paper has embedded listening and tracking devices. They distract you with nice stationary.

I personally don't see a purpose for most to request info from CSIS. Understood that you wanted to know -- but I just never found it a helpful idea (plus, tinfoil hat).

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
@kokopelli @dskeard
As American's, you might be better to cross at a land crossing, then fly. Not only would this bypass your need for a PR Card (you can bring your COPR), but you would pay less for taxes associated with air travel.

When you get to the border, you may have to explain that you didn't get your PR Card yet, but they can check based on your passport (and having COPR in hand might be helpful). I haven't done this, but I would expect it shouldn't be an issue at a land crossing. It's typically air lines that would have a problem, because they have to make sure you have a valid travel document before boarding.

I don't believe you are being penalized. The system seems to work fine. The vast majority of cards seem to be released on time. I suspect they are having trouble with some photos (maybe it's the paper they are being printed on?).
Driving really isnt an option for us being we are in Newfoundland going to Arizona (4658km/2895miles). The cost of driving+ferry+driving again+plane is outrageous! Flight is already booked.
Gonna have to take chances and hope there are no screw ups and if there are we will have to reschedule the flight.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Driving really isnt an option for us being we are in Newfoundland going to Arizona (4658km/2895miles). The cost of driving+ferry+driving again+plane is outrageous! Flight is already booked.
Gonna have to take chances and hope there are no screw ups
I meant driving to Maine (for example) and flying from there. The suggestion came from the notion that Pearson airport charges about $200 more per flight, then say, Buffalo, NY. Buffalo is about 1.5hrs from Toronto...

Reactions: dskeard

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
I meant driving to Maine (for example) and flying from there. The suggestion came from the notion that Pearson airport charges about $200 more per flight, then say, Buffalo, NY. Buffalo is about 1.5hrs from Toronto...
oh yes, understood what you meant, ideally it would work, however a couple more things are involved...a ferry off the island, where to leave our car if we took it? or incur another charge for renting a car?...all in all it is best for us to fly.
Got a deal on the flight, from NFLD to AZ round trip, only 1 change of plane, during high peak Christmas travel time -- was $1100 for the both of us.
Just gonna think positive and all will work out :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
oh yes, understood what you meant, ideally it would work, however a couple more things are involved...a ferry off the island, where to leave our car if we took it? or incur another charge for renting a car?...all in all it is best for us to fly.
Got a deal on the flight, from NFLD to AZ round trip, only 1 change of plane, during high peak Christmas travel time -- was $1100 for the both of us.
Just gonna think positive and all will work out :)
Well, even if it doesn't:
- US citizens are permitted entry without a visa (visas are "issued" at time of entry)
- You still need your passport -- that said, they can check that you are a resident of Canada via your passport.
- I am not sure that flights in North America are subject to the same requirements for boarding. In fact, I suspect not.

Re-entry, my wife didn't even have to present her PR Card at Pearson when returning from Russia.

I really don't see it being an issue for Americans.

Reactions: dskeard