+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit

hgp1590

Apr 8, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am currently working as store supervisor position in Regina, SK Canada. I have applied for my wife's open work permit on January 30th, 2017. I am living in Canada and my wife living in India. I haven't heard any news from cic on my application for spouse work permit. It's been 10 weeks already and the processing time On the website is 10 weeks. I was just wondering how long will it take to approve the application. Please help

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
applied for sowp on 9th Jan, and waiting for past 14 weeks. No response.
tbh, no one knows how long it takes. the processing time on website for wp includes all kinds of work permits. sowp seems to be of least priority. there are ppl who have been waiting for 15-16 weeks to hear back from cic regarding sowp. Be patient, and hopefully you'll hear within next 3-4 weeks.

viralraiyani

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Did you get any updates on you applications?

Please share if you have any updates. Will be of great help.

Thank you.

Shema shareef

Nov 29, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am currently working as store supervisor position in Regina, SK Canada. I have applied for my wife's open work permit on January 30th, 2017. I am living in Canada and my wife living in India. I haven't heard any news from cic on my application for spouse work permit. It's been 10 weeks already and the processing time On the website is 10 weeks. I was just wondering how long will it take to approve the application. Please help
Hi ,
M thinking to apply for sowp. M in india and my husband holds a post graduate work permit in canada can you
Tell me what documents you have send and whether you applied paper or online

hgp1590

Apr 8, 2017
Hi friends,
Can you tell what documents you submitted for sowp coz i m
Thinking to apply for me
Hi There,
I have done online application. and i have provided all the documents listed on website as well as some additional documents:
-last 3 paystubs
-marriage photos
-marriage certificate
-graduation certificates
-passport copy
-air ticket
-work permit
Thanks

hgp1590

Apr 8, 2017
Hello There,
Please help me. mywife got her medical pass on april 30,2017. But there is no reply yet from CIC. I am worried so much now. What could be the reason for this delay. Please help me. My wife applied for spouse open work permit form india online on january 30, 2017.
please help.

jmathew

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-11-2016
Nomination.....
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
1st Oct 2017
Med's Done....
5th Oct 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Inland Application
hhmm.. Yeah I know this "waiting time" is the hardest part. Sadly that's the only thing we can do for now. Hopefully you will get some good response within next couple of weeks. Anyway please update when you get some response from them.

hgp1590

Apr 8, 2017
hhmm.. Yeah I know this "waiting time" is the hardest part. Sadly that's the only thing we can do for now. Hopefully you will get some good response within next couple of weeks. Anyway please update when you get some response from them.
definitely i will post something when i get to know. thanks for your concern. really appreciated

hgp1590

Apr 8, 2017
definitely i will post something when i get to know. thanks for your concern. really appreciated
HI THERE,
I HAVE RECEIVED PASSPORT REQUEST TODAY ON MAY 12,2017 IN INDIA. NOW HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO GET VISA STAMP? AND CAN I CONSIDER THIS AS A VISA APPROVAL?
THANKS

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
HI THERE,
I HAVE RECEIVED PASSPORT REQUEST TODAY ON MAY 12,2017 IN INDIA. NOW HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO GET VISA STAMP? AND CAN I CONSIDER THIS AS A VISA APPROVAL?
THANKS

Hi congrats!!

It shouldn't take you more than a month maximum from now on!!! Again, congrats. Really happy for you that you two will reunite together in Canada.

Did you submit upfront medicals or they requested for it? Let me know please.

Thanks

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi congrats!!

It shouldn't take you more than a month maximum from now on!!! Again, congrats. Really happy for you that you two will reunite together in Canada.

Did you submit upfront medicals or they requested for it? Let me know please.

Thanks

Passport request generally means that they want to put a stamp on it. I wont say its a guaranteed approval, but think of it, why would they want to see your passport if they do not want to give you the visa right? Don't worry. All the hard work has been paid off. It is time for you and your spouse to enjoy!

Shema shareef

Nov 29, 2016
Hi There,
I have done online application. and i have provided all the documents listed on website as well as some additional documents:
-last 3 paystubs
-marriage photos
-marriage certificate
-graduation certificates
-passport copy
-air ticket
-work permit
Thanks
Hi,
Congrats. I wish u get the approval.Can u tell me the website name . And this dovuments are enough coz i applied for trv and refused thrice . I have a daughter too but m thinking to apply for her later as dependent child if i get the aproval

aman89

Feb 12, 2017
Visa Approved, 15 minute interview today!
Questions about who all attended the wedding, number of people, show pictures, work permit, letter from spouse's employer - stating NOC code and job description.
General marriage circumstances.
Applied - Feb 23rd.
Best of luck to all!

Reactions: jmathew