+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) 2016-2017. - Please Your timelines

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi there,

I applied on Oct,11 (yesterday) for Spousal sponsorship and SOWP (in the same envelope) via mail from within Canada (we live in Ottawa); package was delivered today to Missisauga CPC. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Open Work Permit request to be processed, in this case? I can't find any info on that on CIC website or forums... Please, help! =)

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Hi there,

I applied on Oct,11 (yesterday) for Spousal sponsorship and SOWP (in the same envelope) via mail from within Canada (we live in Ottawa); package was delivered today to Missisauga CPC. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Open Work Permit request to be processed, in this case? I can't find any info on that on CIC website or forums... Please, help! =)

Hi Wayfarer,

I am also in the samesituation. I have applied for SOWP with PR application on SEP 26. The application wasmailed to CPC Missisuaga. I am right now in Visitor in Canada. Still i did not receive any update :(. Did you get the update?

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi Wayfarer,

I am also in the samesituation. I have applied for SOWP with PR application on SEP 26. The application wasmailed to CPC Missisuaga. I am right now in Visitor in Canada. Still i did not receive any update :(. Did you get the update?

Hi AnuSijin!

Nope, nothing yet.. I was hoping at least to receive AOR within a month, but nothing at all.. I read somewhere that AOR takes 60-80 days, and SOWP timeline is 4 months. Hope it won't take longer - so bored to stay at home without work.. (I'm also here on a visitor visa). Good luck to you, let's keep each other updated! =)

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Hi AnuSijin!

Nope, nothing yet.. I was hoping at least to receive AOR within a month, but nothing at all.. I read somewhere that AOR takes 60-80 days, and SOWP timeline is 4 months. Hope it won't take longer - so bored to stay at home without work.. (I'm also here on a visitor visa). Good luck to you, let's keep each other updated! =)
Oh is it..Thank you .. Yes lets keep each other updated here.M also bored staying at home without work. One clarification. Since we have applied through mail, Do we get the AOR via post or email?

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi AnuSijin!

I have applied for my spouse on 29th June from India ..paper based ...no updates yet..its been more than 4 months now

rima.mn

Jul 30, 2017
Mine is SOWP only

Spouse has PNP based closed WP
hi
can u please help me with my application. My husband is also in closed work permit and i m really confused...plzz help me. Can u provide me the list of document u submitted.
Thanks

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
I have a question. We've applied for spousal sponsorship with OWP application included inland application. One we get our AOR can my spouse apply for his OWP at a port of entry? IRCC will send his OWP application to vegerville for processing but he has to go back to England to take care of his family (serious unexpected illness). He is not sure how long he will be there and as he is only a visitor now it is easy for him to go. Has anyone applied for their OWP upon entry to canada after recieving AOR for sponsorship? If so what are the documents he needs to bring with him?

khushi23

Nov 16, 2017
Anybody near 6th October timeline has any updates. I applied for my Spouse from Canada through online process. How long wil it take? I am here on my study visa.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Anybody near 6th October timeline has any updates. I applied for my Spouse from Canada through online process. How long wil it take? I am here on my study visa.
I do not want to dishearten you, but nowadays, it is taking really long dear. Do not go by the NORMAL PROCESSING TIMES mentioned on CIC website.