+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my sister

BCAB

May 7, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am a landed immigrant reside in Canada. I want to sponsor my sister to Canada, she is 21 this year. Since my parent do not consider to live in Canada, it is not necessary to sponsor them, by the way, my income history comes in short to sponsor 3 person at a time. I called immigration cananda couple times, the first call I get is sponsoring my parent, then my parent can sponsor my sister as a dependent. But it has to be before my sister turns 22. Obviously the more eligible member I sponsor, the higher income I need to show to immigration Canada in past 12 months income.
Second call, what I get is to prove that my sister is a full-time student. This will eliminate the 22 years old problem. But the con is during the 3 years processing time, my sister has to maintain as a full-time student status until the processing is completed. My sister currently working part-time, as a piano instructor. She does not consider to continuing her education. Even so, probably as part-time student.

Does anyone, knows any better way to let my sister to become permanent resident in Canada.

Thank you very much

BCAB

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can sponsor your sister directly if you live in Manitoba or Saskatchewan through the Provincial Nominee Programs.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right, it is a bit tricky because you can not apply to sponsor your sister alone and I do not think you even have the option of sponsoring one parent instead of the family as a unit. Aside from that, sponsoring a parent can easily take 4-5 years. A faster way to sponsor your sister would be, as canadianwoman pointed out, if you were living in Manitoba or Saskatchewan for at least one year and both you and your sister meet other requirement for funds, education etc. You can find these programs here:

http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/browse/howtoimmigrate/pnp/pnp-family_support.html
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/family-members/

BCAB

May 7, 2011
Thank you all very much. Unfortunately I lived in Alberta.
All I can think of is my sister can apply as a visa student, study for 1 year, get a job then apply for PR. It migth take longer than it is.
Otherwise, I have no better way to do it, within Alberta.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can find her a job, she could come on a work permit and be sponsored for PR through PNP by the employer as long as it is a skilled job. Or as you say, study, then find a job and get sponsored. Alberta use to have family stream under their PNP so you might want to watch the AINP website to see if they open it again. The website just says "currently not accepting applications", see http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-fs-family-stream.aspx There is nothing about if the program is closed forever or will open again in the future.

milkaela

May 11, 2011
sponsoring my brother

Hy everyone

I would like to bring my brother to Canada, I live in Ontario and I am cnadian citizen, my brother is 21,
we've been trying to talk with immigration agencies and all they did is ask for money just to see if he qualifys for canadian viza, we've done some test to see if he has a chance to getting the viza as skilled worker and so far is a big no because he does not have a university or an important degree and he hasn't been working one full year, he's been changing jobs because of the economy in the country, so i was wondering if there is anyway i can sponsor him from here (canada) or if there is anyway i can help him come here, i know there is a way i just don't know where to look

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
milkaela, you have limited options to sponsor an adult brother under the federal system. It is only if you have no other relative in Canada and you are not married and also do not have parents alive or other relatives anywhere that you would qualify to sponsor. There is no family stream under the provincial nominee program in Ontario. If you go live in Manitoba or Saskatchewan for at least a year, you could apply to sponsor him under PNP family stream but he also needs at least one year of education or apprenticeship and 1-2 years work experience for that.

What remains is what I said about the sister in the above posts. If you can find him a job, an employer could sponsor him for a work permit. He does not have to be highly qualified for that. If he has burger flipping experience and gets a job at McDonalds, manages to get promoted to shift manager and gets a skilled work permit reflecting that, he would have an option to immigrate under CEC or PNP. Another option would be to come as a student, get a job after graduating and work on his immigration from there but you need money to study.

milkaela

May 11, 2011
Thank you Leon, Its really sad knowing that you have only one brother and you can't do much to help him, I will have to give some thoughts for some of the options you gave me like the work place and maybe the school, thank you again

BCAB

May 7, 2011
Sounds like not much choice. What if I have a part-time business? It is incorporated, I hired my sister to work for me. In the long run, probably cost more than it used to be to sponsor my sister. Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to hire your sister to work for you, like any other employer, you need to prove that you have advertised the position and not gotten any qualified applicants who are Canadians or PR as well as that you are offering market rates. Talk to Service Canada about how to apply for an LMO.

However, if it is only an unskilled job you can offer her, it will not be much help to her to immigrate. She could get a work permit and get it extended to a total of 4 yrs. but if she hasn't found a way to immigrate by then, she is out.

guneet 180

Dec 28, 2015
hi i have one question my sister she live India she is married she have 1 kid 3 year old my mom died when i am 9 and she is 5 then my grandma and my father take care us i came in Canada 2002 and my sister stay with dad and grand ma then my sister got married in 2007 and after that my dad died and few month later my grandma now my sister don t have her family their i can go every year to see her i have own family hear but i really miss her be always cries lots on phone did any way i can bring her with her family pl response as soon as possible before new year thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
guneet 180 said:
hi i have one question my sister she live India she is married she have 1 kid 3 year old my mom died when i am 9 and she is 5 then my grandma and my father take care us i came in Canada 2002 and my sister stay with dad and grand ma then my sister got married in 2007 and after that my dad died and few month later my grandma now my sister don t have her family their i can go every year to see her i have own family hear but i really miss her be always cries lots on phone did any way i can bring her with her family pl response as soon as possible before new year thanks
Exactly what family do you have in Canada? Are they citizens or PRs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rajput88 said:
Please tell me when will the 15 draw out? I heard that 543 number is that true?
Not sure what you're talking about.