Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Korea2Canada said:
Exactly!!

I have lots of e-mail exchanges saved as i mentioned in the post above. I was thinking a letter explaining the steps I have taken (job, housing, shipping - research) and including those e-mail will do. I cant really think of any other thing to send them. It states this should be couriered bad within 45 days. I plan to do it soon of course. This looks like it could be the final part before a decision is made...not sure but looks that way

thx
It's only speculation on my part but I think this request is just an excuse for the VO to throw your application back on the bottom of the pile for a few months. If I recall correctly they asked the same question of CanNZ even though he's already living back in Canada :eek:.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
I wrote a letter stating when I moved back to Canada, and what my job is. Also, I photo copied the first page of my rental agreement and sent it off in the application. Hopefully that is enough to satisfy them.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
CanNZ said:
I wrote a letter stating when I moved back to Canada, and what my job is. Also, I photo copied the first page of my rental agreement and sent it off in the application. Hopefully that is enough to satisfy them.
Yea, but I am IN Korea

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
When do you actually plan on returning to Canada? Have you guys set a date yet?

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
There was a thread about this question last month. Different people had different experiences. This is what I experienced with our application.

Once I had sponsorship approval, thereafter if I logged into ECAS using my information, it showed the status of my sponsorship application (i.e. "Decision Made"). If I wanted to find out the status of my wife's application I had to log in using her information.

Once the file is transferred to Manila, your wife will be assigned her own UCI number. Unfortunately, CIC will not tell you what that number is until they start processing her application. I called the CIC call center back in June last year, and they gave me her UCI number, which I then used to log into ECAS for status updates. In our case her UCI number was the same as my UCI number plus one.

So I would suggest calling them and asking what her UCI number is and use that when logging in to ECAS
Thanks bartjones,

I've found that when i check my wife's account on ECAS, my UCI number didn't work indeed, however, if i plugged in the application number, it showed up. So that might just save me a phone call :) I'll keep a better eye on my wife's account starting now!

Thank you!

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Marticus said:
Thanks bartjones,

I've found that when i check my wife's account on ECAS, my UCI number didn't work indeed, however, if i plugged in the application number, it showed up.
So both my wife and I have separate accounts? Are they both updated with the same information?

Thanks!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Marticus said:
Thanks bartjones,

I've found that when i check my wife's account on ECAS, my UCI number didn't work indeed, however, if i plugged in the application number, it showed up. So that might just save me a phone call :) I'll keep a better eye on my wife's account starting now!

Thank you!
Yes, the application file number will also work for accessing the status of your wife's application.

Red Tape Sucks said:
So both my wife and I have separate accounts? Are they both updated with the same information?

Thanks!
No. If you want to access the status of your wife's application, you need to use either the application file number or her UCI number.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
bartjones said:
No. If you want to access the status of your wife's application, you need to use either the application file number or her UCI number.
How do I sign into my wife's account? My wife has not received any emails from CIC yet and when I use the UCI that I was sent I only get this message "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:" followed by list of reasons. Would this mean that they have yet to do anything with her application in Manilla? I was approved as a sponsor in early February, surely they would have received it in Manilla and at least got it set up, no?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
How do I sign into my wife's account? My wife has not received any emails from CIC yet and when I use the UCI that I was sent I only get this message "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:" followed by list of reasons. Would this mean that they have yet to do anything with her application in Manilla? I was approved as a sponsor in early February, surely they would have received it in Manilla and at least got it set up, no?
You can try logging in using your wife's information and the Application File Number you should have received when you got sponsorship approval. It should be a number beginning with the letter "F" followed by nine digits.

Alternatively, you could call CIC and ask for your wife's UCI number. She has one, Manila just hasn't told you what it is yet and won't until they first contact you about her application.

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
bartjones said:
You can try logging in using your wife's information and the Application File Number you should have received when you got sponsorship approval. It should be a number beginning with the letter "F" followed by nine digits.

Alternatively, you could call CIC and ask for your wife's UCI number. She has one, Manila just hasn't told you what it is yet and won't until they first contact you about her application.
Now I am getting the exact same message when I try to log in. I guess I should give them a call and find out what is going on. I've never had a problem logging in before.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Korea2Canada said:
Help ( Bartjones -Rob TO )

We just got a notification from Manila

"Documentary evidence of sponsor's intent to return to Canada such as job offer in Canada, employment contract in Canada, property rental agreement and other evidence showing that he has started moving his affairs back to Canada and severing ties in South Korea."

What should we send?

Thank-you!
The following day we couriered:

- letter explaining plans
- 3 email exchanges for jobs in Canada ( 1 was an interview I landed ).
- 3 email exchanges will housing options
- I included a letter of family support ( if needed ) with the original application package.

So, that is all could possibly do from here in Korea. Looks like this should be the final step in the process.

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Hello,

I'm also sponsoring my Korean wife for permanent residency. We're gathering documents now and we're getting near the end.

My problem is about my current job/income. I worked for 3 years and 3 months straight, from December 2009 - March 2013. Then I worked part-time in March-April, and then took a break until June, when I got a full-time job. I have never got any pay stubs or proof that I was receiving income. That company lost my contract in February 2014, and I've been working at a new company as of March 2014.

So...

1.) Should I ask for a letter of employment from my current employer, and would that be enough? Even if I've only worked for two months.

2.) Or should I ask for one from my previous company? I had asked them for pay stubs multiple times when I started working for them but they never gave any at all. I don't think they'd give me any if I asked.

I'm a bit worried about asking my current employer for a letter, since I don't really want them to know (yet) that I'm planning on leaving Korea, until the permanent residency application is well on its way.

3.) Is it possible to use an employee contract? I have both of those from both companies. They do clearly say my income, the contract length, and the dates.

4.) However, if so, there's the added annoyance of it being written in Korean and English, and it's not like the translation is "certified". Would I have to translate that? :(

Ugh. Anyone have any advice? I would greatly appreciate it.

And I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this... I've been lurking on these forums for a while but never posted.

edit:

5.) So I really need an Option C printout? I'll have to have the CRC in Canada mail it to me, I guess?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
yumyumhungry said:
Hello,

I'm also sponsoring my Korean wife for permanent residency. We're gathering documents now and we're getting near the end.

My problem is about my current job/income. I worked for 3 years and 3 months straight, from December 2009 - March 2013. Then I worked part-time in March-April, and then took a break until June, when I got a full-time job. I have never got any pay stubs or proof that I was receiving income. That company lost my contract in February 2014, and I've been working at a new company as of March 2014.

So...

1.) Should I ask for a letter of employment from my current employer, and would that be enough? Even if I've only worked for two months.

2.) Or should I ask for one from my previous company? I had asked them for pay stubs multiple times when I started working for them but they never gave any at all. I don't think they'd give me any if I asked.

I'm a bit worried about asking my current employer for a letter, since I don't really want them to know (yet) that I'm planning on leaving Korea, until the permanent residency application is well on its way.
I'm assuming that you are married and have no non-Canadian children.

A simple letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary and regular hours per week is all that is required. I drafted it and just asked my boss to sign it. If you're concerned about them knowing you are planning to leave Korea you can always tell them it's just for Canadian tax purposes or some other story.

3.) Is it possible to use an employee contract? I have both of those from both companies. They do clearly say my income, the contract length, and the dates.

4.) However, if so, there's the added annoyance of it being written in Korean and English, and it's not like the translation is "certified". Would I have to translate that? :(
Assuming that you're not subject to the minimum income requirement, you might get away with just the contract but it would have to be translated and notarized and you'd be taking the risk that CIC wouldn't accept it, thus delaying your application. It's so much easier to just get the letter from your current employer.

5.) So I really need an Option C printout? I'll have to have the CRC in Canada mail it to me, I guess?
Yes, but it's a very easy document to obtain. Just call CRA, request the Option C and give them your Korean address. It will show up in your mailbox a month later.

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the response.

I'll draft that letter of employment myself; good idea.

I'll call the CRC tonight. From reading around the Internet, I might not even have an option C printout available since the last time I filed taxes was in 2010? I've lived in Korea since December 2009. Anyway, I guess I'll find out when I call tonight.

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yumyumhungry said:
Thanks for the response.

I'll draft that letter of employment myself; good idea.

I'll call the CRC tonight. From reading around the Internet, I might not even have an option C printout available since the last time I filed taxes was in 2010? I've lived in Korea since December 2009. Anyway, I guess I'll find out when I call tonight.
I didn't include an Option C. I wrote a letter explaining why I didn't include one (lived in Japan for a decade). In lieu of an Option C, I included pay stubs for a year with English translations I did.