Interview........
19.01.12 & 07.02.12
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Told he was approved for Visa 15.03.12/ issued 18.04.12
LANDED..........
16.08.12 !!
Thx for the wishes Ddobro2!! :D

The 1st interview was about 45mins long and mainly asking about specific dates as to where he was living a such and such time and of course about our marriage and what were our goals etc once he moved here.

2nd interview was 10mins and because we received an email asking for specific dates that were missing in one of the forms; which was given at the 1st interview. He had put the wrong month on one of them. It was the same person from the 1st interview...thank goodness!

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
15,10,2010..re-do meds 20,10,2011
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopeful_waiting said:
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so very happy for you ....
:D thank you so much,,iam still on cloud 9,,looool,,

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:p it's all over finally,,,with the little sleep I got last night, this morning I was awoken by the good news, hubby received his Visa :p,,3 more days and he's home!!!!! :eek:..yahooooooooooooooo :)Good luck to all waiting, soon enough your good news will come...God Bless :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats again!
hayati said:
:p it's all over finally,,,with the little sleep I got last night, this morning I was awoken by the good news, hubby received his Visa :p,,3 more days and he's home!!!!! :eek:..yahooooooooooooooo :)Good luck to all waiting, soon enough your good news will come...God Bless :)

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow!!!! hayati very happy for u.....i cant wait insha allah that i can say the same things ouffff i have been waiting a long time to say those words...... :(........

We have no word from the ADR till now i have received the copy of the ruling dec 19th i week after the ADR of the winning but now nothing complete silence and i have no more file on the immigration site ouffff here we go again just waiting .........

good luck guys......

hayati

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
wow!!!! hayati very happy for u.....i cant wait insha allah that i can say the same things ouffff i have been waiting a long time to say those words...... :(........

We have no word from the ADR till now i have received the copy of the ruling dec 19th i week after the ADR of the winning but now nothing complete silence and i have no more file on the immigration site ouffff here we go again just waiting .........

good luck guys......
Tks vjamal,,hang in there your time will come when you least expect it,,I know the feeling very well what your going through.My husband had to re-do his medicals and it took 4 months for them to finalize his application,,,at one point I thought this process would never come to an end, but inshallah it came to an end... :)wishing you and all a fast process,,,God bless

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED!!!

Haven't I been patient? Haven't I been respectful? Haven't we responded to and acted on requests in a timely fashion?

WHY THE #%^* can't Rabat do the same???

We still haven't heard anything from Rabat after they requested the medical then recinded the request. WTF?!?

I emailed to ask what was going on, and...silence. Are you effing kidding me? You have kept us waiting for 5 years...and for the last 3 I have been kind, patient and accepting (it took a couple of years to get to zen). And after YOU &#%* up, you have the mother&#%*ing AUDACITY to not even bother to explain yourself or even TRY to be respectful of our feelings. A timeframe would be nice but at least apologise. Do they even get how relieved and excited I was for the hour between the two emails.

GOD THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Ok. I think I'm done. Thanks for listening (?). Attempting to go back to zen.

How are you ladies (and gents?)doing? Habibti and Dair, I am praying for you both to get some successful resolution soon inchallah.

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
locolynn said:
I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED!!!

Haven't I been patient? Haven't I been respectful? Haven't we responded to and acted on requests in a timely fashion?

We still haven't heard anything from Rabat after they requested the medical then recinded the request. WTF?!?

I emailed to ask what was going on, and...silence. Are you effing kidding me? You have kept us waiting for 5 years...and for the last 3 I have been kind, patient and accepting (it took a couple of years to get to zen). And after YOU &#%* up, you have the mother&#%*ing AUDACITY to not even bother to explain yourself or even TRY to be respectful of our feelings. A timeframe would be nice but at least apologise. Do they even get how relieved and excited I was for the hour between the two emails.

GOD THIS SUCKS!!!!!

How are you ladies (and gents?)doing? Habibti and Dair, I am praying for you both to get some successful resolution soon inchallah.

Lynn
I soooo appreciate your airing your frustration here like this. I have attempted to try and air my frustration and all I get in return is .. be patient, good things come to those who wait, everyone is going through the same thing..... blah blah blah..... I swear if one more person says to me... Expect the unexpected I am going to punch them in the face and say "Weren't expecting that were you?!"

:p :p I love that saying.

Anyway, honestly I don't know how you have done it for 5 years. I couldn't.

We have had no news at all. Nothing. My husband asked me tonight if we don't hear anything in this month what will you do? !!! Me??? I said its only 6 months... can't do anything till after 8 months and then all I can do is email Rabat and that will likely produce nothing. I can see now I was right since Lynn has posted this.

So I decided to plan a vacation in May. Can't afford Morocco but I am going to get away from this all. Been 13 months away from my husband... doesn't really feel at all like a marriage... of course I have never been married before so I have no idea what to expect either way.. hahaha

Anyway... I hope you have found zen again Lynn... and if not... feel free to air it here.. I know I am free to listen.. goodness knows I have nothing else to do.. LOL

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
That\s why i love this thread. Really. I can't tell all of you how much I appreciate all of the support and advice I get from this group. We all have good days and bad days and really really really bad days. It's nice to have a place where we can vent, discuss and cheer each other on.

So, I'll dig right down...find a little more patience somewhere and keep on keeping on.

This will be resolved someday. This is my life, it's what's happening and is just a part of my story.

Lynn

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
dair2dv8103100 said:
I swear if one more person says to me... Expect the unexpected I am going to punch them in the face and say "Weren't expecting that were you?!"

We have had no news at all. Nothing. My husband asked me tonight if we don't hear anything in this month what will you do? !!! Me??? I said its only 6 months... can't do anything till after 8 months and then all I can do is email Rabat and that will likely produce nothing. I can see now I was right since Lynn has posted this.
I don't want to risk a cyber punch in the face so I'll avoid the '"be patient speech". LOL :p

Here's what I will say and you probably know most if not all of it already:
The weeks before the first interview were really really tough - I very clearly remember being at breaking point JUST before the call came. You've been waiting awhile and patience is most definitely wearing thin.

The good news for you is that Rabat is actually really good about staying in the time frame for at least making some first contact (whether for interview, more documents, etc.).

The call IS coming. You will most likely have an interview - but that really doesn't mean anything. Your biggest challenge will be proving the genuineness of your relationship. That's normal. My husband and I had a short courtship and a fairly quick marriage, but according to our CAIPIS notes, our relationship was deemed genuine at the first interview. So it's not always a bad thing.

So keep collecting evidence. Think about the questions they may ask you and talk with your husband. Make sure you two are on the same page about most things. Try to anticipate the challenges and prepare for them. Also encourage your husband to get comfortable talking about you and about your relationship. I think alot of people get tripped up on that...Having to discuss private matters with a complete stranger.

Hope that is more helpful than "be patient"!
Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
This one is for Lynn.....

CRAZY only means Can't Really Act Zen Yet!

Yup... that's me.... CRAZY!! :p :p

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well to be honest with you Rabat is pretty good with their time frames when u begin.....so either you will get good news no interview or interview Dair but at least your not in my position

which is winning ADR and complete silence its going to be 2mths.......im really really frustated .......im fighting this with everything i got and im getting exhausted ......

but of course got to be patient.....

Patience sucks sometimes ..............

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
vjamal said:
well to be honest with you Rabat is pretty good with their time frames when u begin.....so either you will get good news no interview or interview Dair but at least your not in my position

which is winning ADR and complete silence its going to be 2mths.......im really really frustated .......im fighting this with everything i got and im getting exhausted ......

but of course got to be patient.....

Patience sucks sometimes ..............
So true. Once you fall outside the normal processing times you are pretty much SOL.

Happy waiting! :mad:

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
locolynn said:
So keep collecting evidence. Think about the questions they may ask you and talk with your husband. Make sure you two are on the same page about most things. Try to anticipate the challenges and prepare for them. Also encourage your husband to get comfortable talking about you and about your relationship. I think alot of people get tripped up on that...Having to discuss private matters with a complete stranger.
That is one of the challenges I have. I try to talk to my husband about these things and in typical Moroccan fashion... he "knows" it all. I even told him that there might be intimate questions and he did not believe that they would ask anything like that.

But of course he knows it all ::)

So I gave up trying to go over things with him because it is just causes frustration. I figure what will be will be. He is not a stupid man I am sure he can figure out what to do if there is an awkward moment in the interview.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Granted I don't know the particuliarities about your case that's had you waiting 5 years, but damn, what the F*** is their problem? I didn't know Rabat was that incompetent and cruel. And around Valentine's Day too. If it were me I would have gone crazy a long time ago and everyone working in my MPs office including the cleaning staff would know my name. This process is surely anything but fairest to those who have sacrificed the most.
locolynn said:
I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED!!!

GOD THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Lynn