+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor my UK wife and her kids

Kkaplanis

Aug 18, 2017
I need some help and advice. I am driving myself mad with research and can not find solid information.

I am currently living in the UK on a temporary visa and living with my girlfriend. We are planning on getting married in the next few months. We want to move to Canada after we get married. She also has kids. The kids' father has stated he will gladly sign the forms stating they can move to Canada with us. My visa runs out in a year here in the UK so after we file I'll have to move back to Canada. Can I move back to Canada even if we filed Outland, or can she and the kids come on a vistor visa and file inland? Can the kids go to school while waiting for the sponsorships to go through? I just need some guidance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I need some help and advice. I am driving myself mad with research and can not find solid information.

I am currently living in the UK on a temporary visa and living with my girlfriend. We are planning on getting married in the next few months. We want to move to Canada after we get married. She also has kids. The kids' father has stated he will gladly sign the forms stating they can move to Canada with us. My visa runs out in a year here in the UK so after we file I'll have to move back to Canada. Can I move back to Canada even if we filed Outland, or can she and the kids come on a vistor visa and file inland? Can the kids go to school while waiting for the sponsorships to go through? I just need some guidance.
If you are getting married soon and apply outland right after, the PR application will likely be done before your UK visa is up in a year.

Reactions: Kkaplanis

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

Really useful stuff here for you to read - helped me hugely (Canadian with British wife in UK).

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms

Reactions: Kkaplanis