+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor earning outside of Canada

Mbutt153

Aug 19, 2017
Hi!
I'm a canadian citizen and a mother of two children who was declared non-resident in 2014 since i left canada to live with my husband. Now I've come back to Canada in april 2017 to re-establish my residential ties and sponsor my spouse. Although i'm aware of the fact that there are no requirements of income for spousal sponsorship but the consultants that i've spoken to and CIC people advised that it can make my case weak if i'm not working or financialy instable because of the undertaking. My husband owns a business in our home country and I had been working there before i came back here but would that suffice my financial stability even though i dont have any recent employment record in Canada and right now unemployed?

C

Classic Chucks

Sure. No income requirements to sponsor a spouse.
Does this make your case weak? Not at all.
You just need to prove that you can support yourselves and won't collect welfare.

I'm curious to know if you're aware that as a citizen you can sponsor your spouse even if you live outside Canada. You would just have to provide an intent to reside in Canada once your spouse's PR is approved.