+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOS-singapore coc rejected!

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
i applied for singapore coc with my ita. i received successfully from singapore police force and submitted in my e-apr.

however, cic requested for additional documents----singapore coc, by saying that "
Please note that a Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction is not acceptable as evidence that you do not have criminal convictions."

i compared mine (non-singapore citizen) with my husband's(singapore citizen), the statement is different!

i know many people got their coc with ita instead of request letter from cic.

but mine was not accepted.

anybody encountered the same problem??

any advice??

appreciate your help!!

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well, yes and no.

by the guideline i was supposed to wait for a request letter from cic, but i applied with ita, which a lot of people did.

so did my husband. but his coc was fine. mine was not accepted.
My guess is because yours is different from your husband's one. I know a friend got Singapore PCC from ITA also. His application was approved and he is PR now.

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
My guess is because yours is different from your husband's one. I know a friend got Singapore PCC from ITA also. His application was approved and he is PR now.
its hard to understand...

i mean...my husband is singaporean, so i thought that was the reason for the difference.

but if others could be approved why couldn't mine?

and i don't know where to ask what the problem was.

:(:(:(

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its hard to understand...

i mean...my husband is singaporean, so i thought that was the reason for the difference.

but if others could be approved why couldn't mine?

and i don't know where to ask what the problem was.

:(:(:(
I know right? CIC is really brutal. I think the best you can do is calling them, send them email or appeal.

Have you tried calling CIC yet?

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
I know right? CIC is really brutal. I think the best you can do is calling them, send them email or appeal.

Have you tried calling CIC yet?
no not yet. they noticed me last friday so i have to wait until tonight(my local time)

btw, is there a number to call them from outland??

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied for singapore coc with my ita. i received successfully from singapore police force and submitted in my e-apr.

however, cic requested for additional documents----singapore coc, by saying that "
Please note that a Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction is not acceptable as evidence that you do not have criminal convictions."

i compared mine (non-singapore citizen) with my husband's(singapore citizen), the statement is different!

any advice??

appreciate your help!!
I have just had a peek to my roommate's Singapore PCC. His PCC don't state "Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction", It just says "No criminal record" and "for use in Canada" only.

Did you get the correct one?

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
I have just had a peek to my roommate's Singapore PCC. His PCC don't state "Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction", It just says "No criminal record" and "for use in Canada" only.

Did you get the correct one?

"Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction" was the NOTE cic gave in its message.

statement on my coc goes like this : this is to certify that "name" "passport number" (whose photograph is affixed) has no criminal record with this department in singapore from "date". this certificate is issued only for the holder for use in canada.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Statutory Declaration of no criminal conviction" was the NOTE cic gave in its message.

statement on my coc goes like this : this is to certify that "name" "passport number" (whose photograph is affixed) has no criminal record with this department in singapore from "date". this certificate is issued only for the holder for use in canada.
If so, I believe the problem is not your PCC but your husband's PCC. Maybe he got the wrong one.

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
If so, I believe the problem is not your PCC but your husband's PCC. Maybe he got the wrong one.
my husband is a citizen of Singapore but I'm not. so i assumed that was the reason for the difference.

his went like this: this is to certify that "name" PPT NO"passport number" whose photograph is affixed, has no criminal record prior to the date of issuance of this certificate. this certificate is issued only for the holder for use in canada.

i guess mine is the same as other non-singaporeans'. but i was required for a new one....

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

any advice??

appreciate your help!!
From what you said yours and your husband's one have different statements.

my husband is a citizen of Singapore but I'm not. so i assumed that was the reason for the difference.

his went like this: this is to certify that "name" PPT NO"passport number" whose photograph is affixed, has no criminal record prior to the date of issuance of this certificate. this certificate is issued only for the holder for use in canada.

i guess mine is the same as other non-singaporeans'. but i was required for a new one....
But they look like the same to me. I am so confused now.

jessicita1225

May 31, 2017
From what you said yours and your husband's one have different statements.

But they look like the same to me. I am so confused now.
I KNOW!!!!!!

this is so depressing...

well i hope what i shared here can be for others reference too. maybe apply with ITA doesn't work all the time.

I would like to know if anybody applied singapore COC with cic request letter and how the statement is on their COC...

Waiting for answers .....

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I KNOW!!!!!!

this is so depressing...

well i hope what i shared here can be for others reference too. maybe apply with ITA doesn't work all the time.

I would like to know if anybody applied singapore COC with cic request letter and how the statement is on their COC...

Waiting for answers .....
My another friend apply with CIC letter. It is the same though. I have just gotten a reply from her.

Maybe, it's your home country PCC not the Singapore one.

Last edited: