+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

some question reugarding work injury

siguxiang

Oct 24, 2015
Hi, i have some serious question regarding work injury in canada. Sorry if am asking at the wrong place =P

well, the thing is.. about half years ago i get struck in the eye at work place, at first everything is cool and it seem nothing serious.. well..recently i have suffer from severe sight lost. so.. i visit an eye doctor who told me it was that accident at work causing nerve damage in my left eye..

just wondering if its too late to do anything about it.. was hoping the company could cover up some of my medical fee..thanks =)

p.s. the normal lens are cover by ohip, but the better ones are not...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In AB you can report an accident for up to 2 years after it happened. Talk to your employer about it and unless they offer to pay all your costs which may be cheaper for them, you can report to WCB. Seeing as it might be a long term problem though, you might be better off reporting to WCB. However, your employer may not be extremely happy if you report it without telling them.

I had a work related injury myself. I lost a day off work and my employer decided not to report it saying it was not a lost time injury because they were planning on paying me for the day. Well, they didn't actually pay me for the day or at least they hadn't yet and a few weeks later, my injury was not getting better and I ended up needing physiotherapy for it so I told them I would report it. They said ok and gave me the forms to fill out. To the question about lost time, I wrote one day and as to whether I had been paid for the day, I wrote that I hadn't. WCB actually paid me for the day and my employer got in serious trouble for not reporting earlier.