Singapore VO. Let's connect.

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Have you guys noticed one thing in this SVGO excel sheet? None of the FSW-O applicants has received PPR although there are Jan-Feb AORs!!!
:(:eek::confused:

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Have you guys noticed one thing in this SVGO excel sheet? None of the FSW-O applicants has received PPR although there are Jan-Feb AORs!!!
:(:eek::confused:
That's right. As we have all been observing over the last few weeks it appears SGVO is currently processing PNPs exclusively. Hope they will soon get to the FSWs once they are done with the PNPs.

Once they start working they will complete 5 months job in 5 days.

I hope they don't make a mistake in the process.

Last edited:

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
What happens when we are way beyond that 6 months threshold? Do we have to do the PCC and Medicals again?

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
What happens when we are way beyond that 6 months threshold? Do we have to do the PCC and Medicals again?
No. AoR date is the 'lock-in' date for most of the things. Medical is valid for 1 year from the test date and the PR visa will be valid till the date of medical expiry.

Reactions: mok_kab

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
BG-NA. I emailed CIC and got to know my file was transferred to SGVO. I also got my GCMS, which shows everything went well. I am also waiting, like you and everyone else.

Hope to see some activities within the next couple of weeks.

Best of luck.
Yup. Hopefully we get our PPR soon. Do they say any specific reason when it crosses the 6 months threshold ? I might apply for GCMS notes if i do not see any update after 6 months ? Its since 5 months I got my AOR.

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
From their timeline it appears their files were not transferred to sgvo but were processed in Canada. They just wrote sgvo on immitracker as they felt it's their primary visa office.
From what I know the processing always happens is your country of residence if there is a processing center present in that country otherwise it will be be sent to the nearest one . Final PPR are issued from local visa office . (I am not 100% sure)

magicangmoh

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello nice people ! I would believe we would also be under Sg VO as we are SG residents. I just emailed today CIC Ottawa to find out about the current status of our application as we didnt have any progress since 15 Aug when BG went to NA2...since then no news :( You can see my case on Myimmitracker in my signature. We are OINP and AOR of 25 May 2017.

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello nice people ! I would believe we would also be under Sg VO as we are SG residents. I just emailed today CIC Ottawa to find out about the current status of our application as we didnt have any progress since 15 Aug when BG went to NA2...since then no news :( You can see my case on Myimmitracker in my signature. We are OINP and AOR of 25 May 2017.
It appears that your file was transferred to SGVO and it's currently waiting for a review.

Please update your status on the tracker: http://bit.ly/2w8p7I4

According to the tracker SGVO processed PNP files upto AoR of 30 March

You can also join the whatsapp group for SGVO.

Last edited:

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
No. AoR date is the 'lock-in' date for most of the things. Medical is valid for 1 year from the test date and the PR visa will be valid till the date of medical expiry.
Hmmm.... So if someone's application takes 9 months to get a PPR, then he/she will have less than 3 months to make his/her first entry! :rolleyes:o_O

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Rak89 actually that's not true. Not all files are processed in your country of residence, many of the files seem to be processed in Canada. However, after the PPR is approved you are asked to submit your passport to the visa office in your country of residence (or country in charge of the region). If you doubt it you can go over to the March forum and ask from those who have made enquiries from CIC (not just assumption), you will realize that most of those who got their PPR within 4 months had their files processed in Canada. For me the question is what is the criteria for sending some files to local office while others are processed in Canada. By the way, I know 2 colleagues living in Singapore who also applied for PPR, one had his file approved in 10 weeks, both were processed in Canada and got the PPR within 4 months. And if you paid attention to the excel sheet it's quite obvious that there was a long silence from SGVO and suddenly from early Sept people who actually verified where their files were located started getting PPR. This is hoping they start processing the FSWO files soon

Reactions: mok_kab

rak89

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Rak89 actually that's not true. Not all files are processed in your country of residence, many of the files seem to be processed in Canada. However, after the PPR is approved you are asked to submit your passport to the visa office in your country of residence (or country in charge of the region). If you doubt it you can go over to the March forum and ask from those who have made enquiries from CIC (not just assumption), you will realize that most of those who got their PPR within 4 months had their files processed in Canada. For me the question is what is the criteria for sending some files to local office while others are processed in Canada. By the way, I know 2 colleagues living in Singapore who also applied for PPR, one had his file approved in 10 weeks, both were processed in Canada and got the PPR within 4 months. And if you paid attention to the excel sheet it's quite obvious that there was a long silence from SGVO and suddenly from early Sept people who actually verified where their files were located started getting PPR. This is hoping they start processing the FSWO files soon
Hi Kenok ,

Tats really interesting.Thanks a lot for your input. Even I am not sure on what basis they forward the applications to local visa office. From what I see from the excel sheet most of the applicants got their PPR in chronological order based on AOR submission date. Some of the applications have crossed the 6 month threshold too :( . Hopefully the SGVO process the FSW applications soon.

Thanks

toby101

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Aug 18 we need more docs
Aug 18 gcms notes generated

Transferred to lvo on sept 6

Sept 15 we do not need anymore docs

Sept 23 we need more docs

I ordered gcms notes on sept 7

i don't know whats happening...i didnt get any document request.

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
I have seen some people saying that the reason for file transfer was due to "distribution of workload". I don't know what that means. Probably they found out from their GCMS notes.