Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi @harry1990. I am interested in your case also. 4 days are missing for me only.
Thanks.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i can wait. but do they calculate at the time the ITA is received or when i submit E-APR?
Both. If your score is higher at eAPR, then they use that score. If it's lower, then they check that the score is not lower than the minimum required to get an ITA in the draw that you were invited under.

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Not necessarily true.

Technically speaking, yes we need to be both meeting all criteria BOTH on eAPR and ITA. I have mentioned that already, however if you have been reading on this forum a while, you would see that many applicants were accepted and issued PRs while accepting early ITAs and applying after eAPRs. Now it might have been pure luck or call it what you like, but the fact stands, hence my suggestion that if the score trend is high for the next rounds, then it might be worth the risk, rather than dreaming about it, worst case scenario, cancelled, apply again.

Having said that, with yesterdays score going below 450, it might not seem as a good idea now.

Best of luck to everyone.!!!
Hi, Do they rescore at the eAPR stage using the ITA date or the eAPR date? My Canada experience is a moving target. I received my ITA on 5th April and that time my Canada experience was 1 year, 11month and 5 days. I submitted my application on 2nd July. ON that day my Canada experience was 26 months. Will the VO calcuate the new score at eAPR stage using 2nd july or 5th April?

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
It's depends on the draw score.

1 year Canadian Experience is 35 points, 2 years is 46 (11 extra points that you got but don't "deserve" it)

If you receive ITA and apply those 11 points will be deducted after the official checked your application, so your score will be fixed to 458-11=447.

If the draw Minimun score is LOWER than 447 your application should be OK.

If the draw was higher than 447 your application will be rejected.

So, it's depends on the draw score

Anyways, please double check the numbers
I have a similar situation, probably worse. I am outside Canada. I have 11 months 4 days of Canadian experience in last 3 years but still the system has awarded me 35 pts for Canadian experience (as it takes into account only Month and Year and not Date) which I think I should not have got. I have got additional 13 pts for skill transferability which I believe I deserve due to my another Canadian experience of 6 months in 2014 (making total Canadian exp as 17 months). For this criteria (skill transferability), employment in last 10 yrs is acceptable. But for the 35 pts awarded for Canadian experience, I think the experience has to be within last 3 years. Now, I might get an ITA with current CRS score. What should I do if I get one. How do I make the system rectify this? Please help !!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a similar situation, probably worse. I am outside Canada. I have 11 months 4 days of Canadian experience in last 3 years but still the system has awarded me 35 pts for Canadian experience (as it takes into account only Month and Year and not Date) which I think I should not have got. I have got additional 13 pts for skill transferability which I believe I deserve due to my another Canadian experience of 6 months in 2014 (making total Canadian exp as 17 months). For this criteria (skill transferability), employment in last 10 yrs is acceptable. But for the 35 pts awarded for Canadian experience, I think the experience has to be within last 3 years. Now, I might get an ITA with current CRS score. What should I do if I get one. How do I make the system rectify this? Please help !!
Yeah, this is tricky. First, you deserve the points, because Canadian work experience within the past 10 years can earn points.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

HOWEVER, the problem is that the system will probably think you are eligible under CEC, so you won't get the ITA for the FSW program.

The only thing I can think of is to fudge the dates, make the experience older than 3 years, and then correct it on the application and provide a letter of explanation if you get the ITA.

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Yeah, this is tricky. First, you deserve the points, because Canadian work experience within the past 10 years can earn points.

HOWEVER, the problem is that the system will probably think you are eligible under CEC, so you won't get the ITA for the FSW program.

The only thing I can think of is to fudge the dates, make the experience older than 3 years, and then correct it on the application and provide a letter of explanation if you get the ITA.
Thanks for the quick response. Yes that seems to be an option. Maybe I should make my most recent Canada experience entered as 11 months in the system by moving the starting month of employment one month ahead of the current one (I worked for only a week in that month at the start). This way system should not grant me 35 points in CEC but still my total exp in last 10 yrs will stay as 17 months and I should get 13 pts in skill transfer. Exactly what I can claim later. I can then explain this later in LoE.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016

That can be seen as a misrepresentation,be careful, RG, you would not want to get banned for five years, do you?

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
That can be seen as a misrepresentation,be careful, RG, you would not want to get banned for five years, do you?
Hi peegee,
My start date of employment in Canada was 24th May 2016 and end date was 28th Apr 2017. If I provide start as May 2016 and end as April 2017, system wrongly awards me 35 points (situation right now) and I might get an ITA for CEC which I will not be able to claim later. What I was thinking of doing was to change the start date to June'2016 and everything then will fall in place. Do you think that will amount to misrepresentation?

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi RG,
What exactly was your start and end date that the system calculated it to be 12 months (or one year)?
Regarding misrepresentation yes and no, because when your employer is contacted and he/she may state that you commenced work in May, it could be seen as misrepresentation..... sorry, but better to be careful as it all depends on the individual agent too....
Did you re-enter data in the CRS, and check again? Perhaps its a system glitch..
"to err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer!"

Regards
PeeGee

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Like I mentioned before.. my start date is 24th May 2016 (as per work reference letter from my employer also) and end date is 28 April 2017 (11 months 4 days in total). So at first, I entered the start as May 2016 and End as April 2017. System found me eligible (Met) for CEC. Then I today changed the start date from May to June. System determined me "Not met" for CEC.
My points for FSW remained the same in both cases (only my eligibility changed for CEC from MET to Not met after the change). I am getting pts for Canadian experience in both cases.That is because, over the last 10 yrs I have another Canadian work exp of 6 months in 2014.
It is a flaw in the system. I do not want to get an ITA for CEC because I will not be able to justify it later. But if I put the start as May, the system is forcing it on me. That is realllllyyyy wierd to assume complete month to be included in the employment even if someone started the job mid of the month.

But one more point here, before 24th May 2016 I was employed in India so I am putting May 2016 as end date of my previous work history entry also, so it should be ok to provide the start date of Canadian employment as June, because otherwise the month of May gets included in both employment entries (India and Canada). Does it look like misrepresentation? I m feeling so helpless !!

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
There will be no misrepresentation on the actual application. (The profile is NOT the application)

There is no requirement to enter EVERYTHING in the proflle, only that for which you are claiming points.

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi peegee,
My start date of employment in Canada was 24th May 2016 and end date was 28th Apr 2017. If I provide start as May 2016 and end as April 2017, system wrongly awards me 35 points (situation right now) and I might get an ITA for CEC which I will not be able to claim later. What I was thinking of doing was to change the start date to June'2016 and everything then will fall in place. Do you think that will amount to misrepresentation?
No. You don't need to include anything on your profile that you don't want to claim points for.

Moreover, if you only completed 11 months in Canada, there is absolutely no reason to include it on your profile. Later, if you receive an ITA, of course you declare it in your Background / Personal history. But leave it off your profile.

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
No. You don't need to include anything on your profile that you don't want to claim points for.

Moreover, if you only completed 11 months in Canada, there is absolutely no reason to include it on your profile. Later, if you receive an ITA, of course you declare it in your Background / Personal history. But leave it off your profile.
jes_ON, I do need to include this 11 months exp in my profile. Reason being - over the last 10 yrs I have a total 17 months Canadian exp (11 months in question and another 6 months Canada work exp in 2014). So, even if I show my Canada exp as 6 months + 11 months in profile, the system does grant me points for my total work exp in Canada (because for FSW its counted over a period of last 10 yrs) even if I dont meet CEC criteria. I verified this in system. So I am not going to write it off.

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
BTW, since you have work experience in 2014, do you know that the 1 year Canadian work experience doesn't need to be continuous? That is, if you have enough days from your work experience in 2014 (that are within 3 years from the ITA) that can make all experience 1 year, you can use them.
For example, if you receive an ITA on Sept. 20th 2017 and worked 27 days in 2014 after Sept. 20th 2014, you would have a total of 1 year of Canadian work experience and you will be eligible for CEC.
Yes I know this.. that for CEC the experience no longer needs to be continuous. However, my 6 month exp in 2014 ended in July 2014 so it will not be inside the 3 year bracket if I get the ITA now. I checked this in system. My CRS score remains same if I put my exp as (6 months + 11 months) or (6 months + 12 months). Just my eligibility for CEC changes from "Met" to "Not met". FSW stays "Met" for both cases.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jes_ON, I do need to include this 11 months exp in my profile. Reason being - over the last 10 yrs I have a total 17 months Canadian exp (11 months in question and another 6 months Canada work exp in 2014). So, even if I show my Canada exp as 6 months + 11 months in profile, the system does grant me points for my total work exp in Canada (because for FSW its counted over a period of last 10 yrs) even if I dont meet CEC criteria. I verified this in system. So I am not going to write it off.
Oh right, thanks for the reminder.

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Oh right, thanks for the reminder.
Hello. I received my ITA for FSW yesterday and in the system my profile has got converted to PR application. Do you suggest that now that I have been invited for FSW, I should change the start date of my Canada experience from June to May in the application? The change will not impact my CRS score even by a single point. I can explain in LoE that I put it as June in Express Entry Profile so as to not get incorrectly invited for CEC.

Or I should not do this, if information in Express Entry Profile at the time of ITA and in the application must match. Please suggest !