+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sexual orientation (LGBT)

BELBLINK

Sep 21, 2017
Greetings from this end.
Where I am from, LGBT is not recognized, due to that, It is not secured because I have been tortured three times for my sexual orientation . Also even at the level of the police where i thought i could be safe, I couldn't fine safely but was mocked and beaten very well. I am regarded as an out case in my community.
My preoccupations are:
1)If I happen to claim asylum without a passport on me but having with me my birth certificate and National identity card from where I am runing from, can I be considered eligible even at the airport ?
2) Or will I be jailed even with identity papers on me?
3) if yes like for how long?

Thanks for your response

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
1)If I happen to claim asylum without a passport on me but having with me my birth certificate and National identity card from where I am runing from, can I be considered eligible even at the airport ?
How would you make it on the plane to a Canadian airport without a passport?? Not to mention you need a visitor visa (TRV) approved in the first place to go with your passport.

Without making it physically to Canada, you can't claim asylum here.

If you used a fake/fraudulent passport/visa to gain entry to Canada, that is a criminal offence so would be a very good chance you'd be jailed and then deported.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are able to make it to another country where you can register as an asylum seeker with UNHCR you may be resettled but no guarantees that it will be Canada.

BELBLINK

Sep 21, 2017
T
How would you make it on the plane to a Canadian airport without a passport?? Not to mention you need a visitor visa (TRV) approved in the first place to go with your passport.

Without making it physically to Canada, you can't claim asylum here.

If you used a fake/fraudulent passport/visa to gain entry to Canada, that is a criminal offence so would be a very good chance you'd be jailed and then deported.
Thank you for your information

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you cannot move to another country, then you need to obtain a valid passport first, then apply for and obtain a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, and then fly to Canada and claim asylum once here.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Greetings from this end.
Where I am from, LGBT is not recognized, due to that, It is not secured because I have been tortured three times for my sexual orientation . Also even at the level of the police where i thought i could be safe, I couldn't fine safely but was mocked and beaten very well. I am regarded as an out case in my community.
My preoccupations are:
3) if yes like for how long?

Thanks for your response
you need a passport first, then visa to travel to Canada