+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Self-Employed" processing time

mstr64

Jan 14, 2016
Hello guys,

I just heard that "Self-Employed" processing time has been reduced to less than a year !

Anyone experienced this before ?

Thanks,
-MSTR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC web site lists self-employed processing times at 110 months:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Are you confusing skilled worker with self-employed? Most new skilled worker (Express Entry) applications are going through in less than a year.

mstr64

Jan 14, 2016
scylla said:
CIC web site lists self-employed processing times at 110 months:

Are you confusing skilled worker with self-employed? Most new skilled worker (Express Entry) applications are going through in less than a year.

No, I mean Self-Employed ! maybe the reduced time is for Quebec Self-Employed ? do you know how much time it takes ?

joanapraia

Feb 22, 2016
Dear friend
I have information that the self-employed category is now fully analyzed in Nova Scotia. That is, the supporting documents must be sent along with the letter of intent early on. How this change occurred recently, I wonder if you know if it made the analysis of slower or faster processes. You are also registered in this category? On the official website they talk in 110 months of waiting, but this is not possible because it would be almost ten years.
Can you help me with this doubt? I saw your name on a Forum.
Thank you very much for your attention.

Mar 1, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm also applying as a self-employed person and have heard similar things about the processing time. If you would like to share knowledge and help each other in our applications please let me know by replying to his and we can communicate directly. I'm already in Canada, looking to convert an open work permit into PR.