+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking for asylum.. is my reasons is enough?

Hashim9

Aug 8, 2017
Hi , i'm a 18 male who is from yemen but living in saudi arabia , we can't afford living in saudi arabia no more so my family thinking about travel to yemen , even it's not safe and good for living due the war and disses
i have a medical situation the requarise a medical care that i won't find it in yemen.
i have a heart condition and i must take warfarin everyday or i will have a stroke and die.

so despite the war and the cholera that eating the country i have this problem.
so , is that enough?
thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are all volunteers on this forum and don't work for the government so this is only an opinion. The war in Yemen will give you good grounds to claim asylum in Canada. The fact that you've been allowed to live in Saudi Arabia confuses me given who is in conflict in Yemen. This may create some issues for asylum but I don't know your whole story. Poverty alone is not a reason for asylum you must prove that your life is in danger. To apply for refugee status you must either get a TRV and arrive in Canada. This will be hard if you don't have a visa already or you have to register with UNHCR in a country other than your own and indicate you would like to be resettled. You can not pick which country you go to. Saudi Arabia is not a country where you can register with UNHCR.

Reactions: dr feras

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Your best option to apply for asylum is to go to a country where you can register as a refugee with the UNHCR. Closest countries to you are jordan, egypt, and turkey. Best option is turkey at the moment. And like canuck said, you cant pick which country to go to, thats done between UNHCR dealing with your file and member countries.