+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Clearance After Passing the Citizenship Test

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
Six months from the time they start processing your application.
Thanks.
The question is does everyone need 6 months to complete the security clearance, or you need 6 months to complete the security clearance. If everyone need 6 months, why did they send the oath letter to you and we saw the process time of some people were shorter than 6 months.

Reactions: jamainsid1910

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Totally false. See this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fingerprint-request-after-passing-citizenship-test.478498/page-6 You dont need to submit Finger Print and Police clearance if you have submitted them when you became a PR and not have spent outside of Canada more than 6 moths after becoming PR. I also hope other senior members also feedback this.
A friend of mine came as a PR and was finger printed at Pearson airport when he landed. Now when he applied for his citizenship recently he was again asked for finger prints and he submitted. He did not spend more than 6 months outside of Canada. Police clearance is a separate issue, don't include that with finger prints. As of now he has obtained his passport and every thing is fine. No need to worry in my humble opinion. The total time to get passport from applying is 4 months for him. He lives in Regina

Last edited:

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
What? six months for security clearance? I read some people here said it was 6-8 weeks. Who is right?
There is no fix time and six months they tell you just to be on safe side as this is the maximum it can take or even more than 6 months in more complex cases. Usually its sooner

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks.
The question is does everyone need 6 months to complete the security clearance, or you need 6 months to complete the security clearance. If everyone need 6 months, why did they send the oath letter to you and we saw the process time of some people were shorter than 6 months.
He did not get the oath letter. Lady at interview informed her he will get a letter after security clearance and it could take 6 months which is what they tell you to save themselves from being blamed if they tell you 2-3 weeks and you don't get it. There is no fix time for security clearance and it could be done in few weeks or few months

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
Thanks.
They never gave me the oath letter though my online status stated that they had sent me an oath invitation letter. I asked the cic official why is my online status showing they sent me an oath invitation letter yet my security clearance is not yet complete. She told I know it's misleading but they sent out letters to all people in that region since its served by itinerant so that if everything is okay i.e. they pass the test and interview and their files are complete they will be given their oath letters and they can attend the oath ceremony the following day. I saw the oath letters printed out for all people who came that day to write the citizenship test. My advice give it about 3 Months.

Reactions: mickey_mouse

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
He did not get the oath letter. Lady at interview informed her he will get a letter after security clearance and it could take 6 months which is what they tell you to save themselves from being blamed if they tell you 2-3 weeks and you don't get it. There is no fix time for security clearance and it could be done in few weeks or few months
Thanks !

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
They never gave me the oath letter though my online status stated that they had sent me an oath invitation letter. I asked the cic official why is my online status showing they sent me an oath invitation letter yet my security clearance is not yet complete. She told I know it's misleading but they sent out letters to all people in that region since its served by itinerant so that if everything is okay i.e. they pass the test and interview and their files are complete they will be given their oath letters and they can attend the oath ceremony the following day. I saw the oath letters printed out for all people who came that day to write the citizenship test. My advice give it about 3 Months.
Thanks !

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Can someone tell me if RCMP clearance is the same as security check? I took the test today and they told me that my file is still waiting on the RCMP clearance. I've gone through this thread and can't seem to find a clear answer.

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
Can someone tell me if RCMP clearance is the same as security check? I took the test today and they told me that my file is still waiting on the RCMP clearance. I've gone through this thread and can't seem to find a clear answer.
Yes , It's the same give it about 2-3weeks

Reactions: Fenster