Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
On a related note, I've had either visitor or PR status here for 6 years. I will probably need to get fingerprints and clearance from both the US and Canada ( I hope not). Can I do both fingerprints here or do I have to go have a police department in the US do it? When I was applying for my PR the local PD in Canada made me go back to where I was from to do it. Do they even get info from the US? Part of me thinks it was because my form was in English and many people refuse to do anything in English or deal with paperwork that's English around my town (I'm in Quebec). I really don't want to drive three hours back to my hometown for fingerprints and then pay for the RCMP to do it for Canada.

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
Sat my exam yesterday and passed.
Interview and Documents check took less than 5 minutes. And all is in order.
The only thing still outstanding is my Security Check.
The agent said it was all good and it's because I "only" applied in February as to the reason the security check had not yet been completed. I was told that I'd receive my letter/oath invite in 1-3mths. (Calgary Office... so things move s..l..o..w..l..y......)

My case is extremely straight forward.
I am Australian. And have been in Canada for over 20 years. Minimal minimal travel outside of Canada in the past 5 yrs. So nothing "stereo-typically" high risk about me.

I think that it's pretty much just a crap shoot and having to rely on government offices to process things in a timely manner. It could be the Canadian side of things holding things up. It could be Australia. It could be some guy in the Calgary office taking too many coffee breaks making all the pieces of my file not line up on the correct timeline.... Who knows.!
Hello, I am in the similar situation. Did they finalize your file,did you do the oath and if so how long did you have to wait?

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
Hello everyone!

I took the Citizenship test yesterday and passed it. The interview went well too. But at the end the Officer said that, there will a Security Clearance process for me which may take 6-8 weeks and then I'll be called for oath. Did anyone else had similar experience? What is the usual time for Security Clearance in Edmonton?

Thanks!
Did you finalize your file. How long did the security clearance take?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hello, I am in the similar situation. Did they finalize your file,did you do the oath and if so how long did you have to wait?
order your GCMS notes man.. It tells a lot of useful things. Two main checks you need to pass are security and prohibitions. If you pass these you are done. Whats your time line and visa office ?

For some people security check/prohibitions are done before test/interview and for some its after...

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
order your GCMS notes man.. It tells a lot of useful things. Two main checks you need to pass are security and prohibitions. If you pass these you are done. Whats your time line and visa office ?

For some people security check/prohibitions are done before test/interview and for some its after...
Thanks for your reply. I am living in Fort McMurray Alberta served by itinerent services.
Here's my timeline. They came in Fort McMurray on the 29 I did the test and passed it with 20/20. After the interview the officer said everything is okay except your security clearance is not yet complete so I won't be on the oath on 30. She said it take about 6 months and i have a few more weeks left. She said I will have to travel to Edmonton for the oath.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 14, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on April 4, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 29, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 8, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks for your reply. I am living in Fort McMurray Alberta served by itinerent services.
Here's my timeline. They came in Fort McMurray on the 29 I did the test and passed it with 20/20. After the interview the officer said everything is okay except your security clearance is not yet complete so I won't be on the oath on 30. She said it take about 6 months and i have a few more weeks left. She said I will have to travel to Edmonton for the oath.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 4, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 29, 2017 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on August 8, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on August 8, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

By the way In reference to above statement , did you get any oath invitation ? I understand she told you that your security check is not complete and you can't complete the oath on 30 August.

The only thing you can do is to wait. If you are more inquisitive you can order your GCMS notes and see whats going on. Two main checks you need to pass are security and prohibitions during citizenship process. Here is the link to order these notes. It takes 30 days to get it

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
We sent you a notice on August 8, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 30, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

By the way In reference to above statement , did you get any oath invitation ? I understand she told you that your security check is not complete and you can't complete the oath on 30 August.

The only thing you can do is to wait. If you are more inquisitive you can order your GCMS notes and see whats going on. Two main checks you need to pass are security and prohibitions during citizenship process. Here is the link to order these notes. It takes 30 days to get it

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Thanks , I didn't receive the oath letter as they issue them the same day you do the test and the interview. Since they come from Edmonton they carry oath letters and Issue them same day you do the test. But as you said I will just wait. I have no concerns whatsoever never been in trouble with the law. By the way what are prohibitions?
Thanks

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hello everyone!

I took the Citizenship test yesterday and passed it. The interview went well too. But at the end the Officer said that, there will a Security Clearance process for me which may take 6-8 weeks and then I'll be called for oath. Did anyone else had similar experience? What is the usual time for Security Clearance in Edmonton?

Thanks!

It's very usual procedure, one of my relatives have same experience during appointment. Officer told it's just internal security clearance and takes 6-8 weeks. Well it took 3 months and after which they were called for oath.

Reactions: Crace

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks , I didn't receive the oath letter as they issue them the same day you do the test and the interview. Since they come from Edmonton they carry oath letters and Issue them same day you do the test. But as you said I will just wait. I have no concerns whatsoever never been in trouble with the law. By the way what are prohibitions?
Thanks
Prohibition means what have you ticked no in application form question no (8) to questions like

if you have ever been arrested in canada or abroad
if you are on parole
et etc

basically security related

If you can wait then thats the best thing else as I said earlier you can order GCMS notes

Good luck any way

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
Prohibition means what have you ticked no in application form question no (8) to questions like

if you have ever been arrested in canada or abroad
if you are on parole
et etc

basically security related

If you can wait then thats the best thing else as I said earlier you can order GCMS notes

Good luck any way
Thanks bro

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Just wondering to ask from the guys who posted that they were asked security clearance and fingerprinting. Did you have gaps in your PR time by staying outside of Canada more than 6 months? Also for fingerprinting, did you not give fingerprints when you became a PR?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Just wondering to ask from the guys who posted that they were asked security clearance and fingerprinting. Did you have gaps in your PR time by staying outside of Canada more than 6 months? Also for fingerprinting, did you not give fingerprints when you became a PR?
When finger prints are asked it doens't matter how long you have stayed outside of the country. Finger print request just comes up. It can happen to any one There is always a validity date for every thing. Like security check did happen when we had applied for PR visa but it gets expired after a certain date and they do it again. Hope you understand..

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
What? six months for security clearance? I read some people here said it was 6-8 weeks. Who is right?