+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security / Background Check - Long Wait After Medical - CEC

topnotch1

Aug 7, 2016
civil said:
Hi everyone

I would like to share my experience with the people whose their file got stuck in background check . I know that there are not many delayed cases in CEC but if you have the same experience or if you have a comment kindly join me here .

My timeline :
Application Filed : Oct-2010
AOR : Feb 2011
RPRF paid : July - 2011
Medical Requested : July-2011
Medical sent : Aug-2011

Since then no news from CIC .
They responded to my email afew weeks ago that they are waiting for background information .

Please join me here if you are in the same situation or if you have a suggestion .

Thanks
Hello, did you get a reply since then? I hope it was positive...

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
DM: 01-10-2016 passport Req: 03-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Hey guys I contacted my mp few days ago and he told me background check is all done medical received and just waiting for an immigration officer to review and sign it.
But when I check on ecas it still says in process
And when I check on my linked account it show " background check" in process instead of complete
What do you guys think?

rachel8989

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
BMN said:
Hey guys I contacted my mp few days ago and he told me background check is all done medical received and just waiting for an immigration officer to review and sign it.
And when I check on my linked account it show " background check" in process instead of complete
What do you guys think?
"Background check" will never show "Passed" until you get final decision.

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
rachel8989 said:
"Background check" will never show "Passed" until you get final decision.
Oh okay, thanks :)

aidenZhou

Mar 15, 2016
BMN said:
What do you guys think?
Just asking, when did you start to find your applicationin ecas? I have submitted my application for almost 6 months. In my CIC account, I can see background check in process. But I cannot find my application in ecas? What does this mean?

Thank you.

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
aidenZhou said:
Just asking, when did you start to find your applicationin ecas? I have submitted my application for almost 6 months. In my CIC account, I can see background check in process. But I cannot find my application in ecas? What does this mean?

Thank you.
You have to go to cic.gc.ca
And then go to application
And just sing in with your application number or UCI number birth date sure name and place of birth
Thats all

aidenZhou

Mar 15, 2016
BMN said:
You have to go to cic.gc.ca
And then go to application
And just sing in with your application number or UCI number birth date sure name and place of birth
Thats all
That's is exactly what I have done. But I got "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. " So this is the ECAS system, right?

But if I sign to my CIC online account, I can see the status of my application is background check in process.

Does this imply that CIC has got my application but no officer starts to process it? Because after I submitted my applicaiton via my CIC account online. The status of the application is always in process.
I though when an officer starts to process the application, the application will be in the ECAS. Am I correct?

BMN

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-09-2016
Interview........
waived as per MP
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
aidenZhou said:
That's is exactly what I have done. But I got "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. " So this is the ECAS system, right?

But if I sign to my CIC online account, I can see the status of my application is background check in process.

Does this imply that CIC has got my application but no officer starts to process it? Because after I submitted my applicaiton via my CIC account online. The status of the application is always in process.
I though when an officer starts to process the application, the application will be in the ECAS. Am I correct?
Are you trying to link your application online? Because that's different. And I think you should go to the forum New dehli 2015 spousal sponsorship and ask them they know more sorry

Aya91

Sep 23, 2017
Hi everyone
My application
AOR 24 March
Medical pass 1sep
Then the background check still in progress 1 Sep
Until now not start yet ?
Is it normal
We pass 6 months today

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
Hi everyone
My application
AOR 24 March
Medical pass 1sep
Then the background check still in progress 1 Sep
Until now not start yet ?
Is it normal
We pass 6 months today
It is more than normal. I have been waiting after medical for more than a year. My application has been in process since March 2016. There are crazy delays happening in the processing of PNP paper application category. Not sure what on earth is CIC doing about it. So if you applied under the PNP paper application don't expect anything for atleast a year.

Aya91

Sep 23, 2017
It is more than normal. I have been waiting after medical for more than a year. My application has been in process since March 2016. There are crazy delays happening in the processing of PNP paper application category. Not sure what on earth is CIC doing about it. So if you applied under the PNP paper application don't expect anything for atleast a year.

Aya91

Sep 23, 2017
As I know medical exam have a time limit I think a year
So my medical examwexamw ill end on 6 of Jan
So I will have to 're do it?
Or no need
Am so worried

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
As I know medical exam have a time limit I think a year
So my medical examwexamw ill end on 6 of Jan
So I will have to 're do it?
Or no need
Am so worried
CIC will let u know if u need it again or not. But it takes a lot of time after you pay the right to permanent residency fees. After that they do the background security check. That's meant to take only 3-4 months but for a lot of people it has been more than a year and still no outcomes yet.

Aya91

Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone
How long does it take backgbackground check ?
And how long between status "your application is in progress .... We will send you massage when we start your background check " to "they start??"
I am so confuse this status did not change more than 3 weeks
Is it normal :(

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
Hello everyone
How long does it take backgbackground check ?
And how long between status "your application is in progress .... We will send you massage when we start your background check " to "they start??"
I am so confuse this status did not change more than 3 weeks
Is it normal :(
How long is a piece of string???!!! Pretty much everyone in this forum is stuck at this stage of background check and have been stuck for months. So don't stress about it coz u will only get it when CIC decides it's time.