+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second work permit application

ar.ca.17

Aug 10, 2017
Dear All,

I need some important and urgent help. I submitted my application for the temporary work permit in June and still waiting for its outcome. But, in the meanwhile, I have another BETTER job offer and I want to join the second offer. I want to know if ...

(i) I have to submit another application?

(ii) If I submit a second application, do I have to retract my first application, before applying for the second one?

(iii) Please, suggest possible best practice in this case.

Thank you very much.

Cheers !

Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
Dear All,

I need some important and urgent help. I submitted my application for the temporary work permit in June and still waiting for its outcome. But, in the meanwhile, I have another BETTER job offer and I want to join the second offer. I want to know if ...

(i) I have to submit another application?

(ii) If I submit a second application, do I have to retract my first application, before applying for the second one?

(iii) Please, suggest possible best practice in this case.

Thank you very much.

Cheers !
Hello Newbie
First I think you'll soon have a decision about the work permit you applied for, I applied on June 5th and I got a decision today.
I) If you want to move to another job yes you do have to submit another application for that.
II) I think if you applied on line you do can cancel the first application but As soon as you submit a new application you have to stop working for your current employer and wait until a decision is made on this new application to start working in the new job.

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please help! My employer finally decided to apply the LMIA for me.
My questions are:
1. How long will it take to get the result of LMIA for the pharmacy assistant position (non-skilled job)?
2. Can I apply for the work permit extension when my current employer still in the process of recruitment?
3. If I apply for a visitor visa and wait for the LMIA result, can I still remain in Canada if the LMIA is negative?

Thanks!