+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ScotiaBank Proof of Funds Question

Canadamig1

May 15, 2016
Hello All,

I will be making my first entry to Canada as a PR soon.
I deposited money to ScotiaBank via wire transfer and the bank issued a PDF titled Investment Directions / Scotia Investment Account which has my name, bank account information and funding details which shows the amount of money deposited.

Question:-
  1. Will the immigration officer accept the ScotiaBank Investment Directions as proof of funds?
    (I spoke with Scotia representatives and they said that this is the letter they issue to all PRs and i would need to check with the Embassy if this letter would be accepted)

2. The letter is via email in PDF format, will this be accepted by the immigration authorities?

3. The Investment Directions does not have the signature of a bank representative only their name (the signature and date section is left empty). Will this create an issue during immigration?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello All,

I will be making my first entry to Canada as a PR soon.
I deposited money to ScotiaBank via wire transfer and the bank issued a PDF titled Investment Directions / Scotia Investment Account which has my name, bank account information and funding details which shows the amount of money deposited.

Question:-
  1. Will the immigration officer accept the ScotiaBank Investment Directions as proof of funds?
    (I spoke with Scotia representatives and they said that this is the letter they issue to all PRs and i would need to check with the Embassy if this letter would be accepted)

2. The letter is via email in PDF format, will this be accepted by the immigration authorities?

3. The Investment Directions does not have the signature of a bank representative only their name (the signature and date section is left empty). Will this create an issue during immigration?

Thanks
1. As long as the amount in the investment account is equal to or above amount required then it will be fine.