+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

rustic

Jun 16, 2017
I wrote to the centre several times, on average one letter per week, and still have no reply.
My file is in Scarborough, maybe the slowest office in Ontario.
Send a message online through contact us with your request. It will be tagged and logged into the system. Anything written online will enter the system. Any hand written mail or verbal call may not be logged in.

Stonecold0001

May 9, 2017
what do i do with the permission form. do i sign and post it or just sign and take it to the ceremony
Simply just sign and take it to the ceremony. Also, the number on your letter is your seat # as well as order in which you will be called to receive certificate.

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 31, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 11, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 3, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 18, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 10, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Yaaay i got oath invite boys
Congrats my friend.....lets see when the bell rings for us

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my application timeline...
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on July 12, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 3, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
And I am still waiting for ceremony... I got DM on around Aug 4th to 5th...

BTW I need to work abroad in late October so I called CIC many times asking if I could apply for an urgent process...Since no work permit without a Canadian passport...But the lady answered the phone told me that since the company employed me is not a Canadian-based company so I cannot apply for an urgent process...sigh...She also told me that my file is perfectly fine and just wait to be scheduled.

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
Hello Folks. Finally the wait is over and I got the invitation for oath (Scarborough office). Here are my timelines:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 8, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 21, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 11, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

k33g

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Hello Folks. Finally the wait is over and I got the invitation for oath (Scarborough office). Here are my timelines:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 8, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 21, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 11, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
updated, congrats!!!

neda811

Apr 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-03-2011
IELTS Request
Original sent to CIO
We got the invitation for the oat ceremony as well.
  1. Received the application March 16, 2017.
  2. Wrote test on June 2, 2017
  3. We sent you a notice on September 21, 2017, to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 10,
We applied from Toronto and wrote the test at the Scarbrough office. I'm wondering if the ceremony is at Scarbrough or st Clair office?

Last edited:

neda811

Apr 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
AOR Received.
28-03-2011
IELTS Request
Original sent to CIO
Congrats, You will be a Canadian a couple of hours before me!!! Do you think the oat ceremony will be held on Scarbrough office as well? I've seen some people were invited to go to the st Clair office.

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
Congrats, You will be a Canadian a couple of hours before me!!! Do you think the oat ceremony will be held on Scarbrough office as well? I've seen some people were invited to go to the st Clair office.
Thanks Neda. Many congratulations to you as well :) I am not sure about the location because the notice has not yet arrived in mail. I hope it will be Scarborough office though. Is that what you want too?

cheers!
Suhail

Weltmeister

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Congratulations to everyone on this thread. My application is being processed at the Scarborough office as well. I went for my test on 26th Sept and decision made on 26th Sept as well. I hope it's not a long wait for the oath letter. From the excel sheet i see that generally it's a 3 month wait on an average between DM to Oath Letter :(

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everyone on this thread. My application is being processed at the Scarborough office as well. I went for my test on 26th Sept and decision made on 26th Sept as well. I hope it's not a long wait for the oath letter. From the excel sheet i see that generally it's a 3 month wait on an average between DM to Oath Letter :(

I had applied April 12th and after test DM on 27th of June and since then i am waiting for the oath.