+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scam or real business ?

Danny8965

Jul 26, 2017
greetings , I want to immigration to Canada through business immigration but wasn't sure if the type business ..., my passion is in 2 areas : 1-real estate investment ( I work as a mortgage broker ) . 2- immigration consultancy ( I want to work as an immigration consultant in Canada but you have to be permanent resident or Canadian citizen to be certified - chicken / egg delimm). Recently , I can across an immigration consultancy company who is looking to open a new company for immigration consultancy & looking for Somone who is interested to buy it , so he can both migrate to Canada & be the owner of the new company . I talked to the guy - the consultant who wants to sell the new business -on the phone & I'v checked to find out that he is certified immigration consultant but he is asking for $ 490 k to be transferred soon . This business is my dream business but I'm not comfortable to transfer such huge amount of money in advance .. how do I know that he will not steal it or just ignore me once he received the money ? I talked to him about it & the plan is to do the process thorough Business provincial nominee , if it didn't work we will do it thought another province as nobody can guarantee successful application other than the Canadian immigration . Still , I found it very difficult to trust & transfer such huge amount of money !. What do you guy think / suggest ? Much appreciation. Danny .

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
My advice check cic.gc.ca . Many options there . Surely one or more will suit yours . Tc and god bless

Danny8965

Jul 26, 2017
My advice check cic.gc.ca . Many options there . Surely one or more will suit yours . Tc and god bless
Sorry I didn't get it ,, you mean I check the immigration website ? What for ? How do I know the above business is real & transfer money ?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Sorry I didn't get it ,, you mean I check the immigration website ? What for ? How do I know the above business is real & transfer money ?
It's not real. Do not transfer $490 k to anyone's bank without it being through your lawyer and his business lawyer with contracts exchanged, etc.

Even if you buy the business you can't work as an immigration consultant without being licensed. How do you intend to become licensed?

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
i meant check the govt website for better options. Authentic and proven ways of immigration, rather than transferring such a big amount w/o being sure of the authenticity.
There are many other ways which are less expensive and fool proof. rather go for them eg PNP , quebec investor category etc

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Do not transfer any money upfront at all there are specific processes for business immigration and anyone who implies they are looking to open a new company/ consultancy should be a red flag especially asking for the money with no guarantees.

If you are still set on this you need to meet the person face to face with your lawyer before handing over even a single dollar and read in detail the process for business startups but part with no money. Although I have not invested time in looking at all of the programs seems odd that the first ones I looked at required a min 500k or more but the OP is quoting 490 k.

As the previous poster implied you cannot simply be a consultant without being licensed so cannot. simply buy a licence nor can buying into any business guarantee you immigration.

Also many provincial business programs have both a minimum investment figure PLUS a minimum number of years prior experience in that business which the OP does not have and I would guess the 'seller' has forgotten to mention.

Plus if you read here not sure the startup program would apply and anyway no money exchanges hands with that program from what I can understand http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/start-up/eligibility.asp

Last edited:

Danny8965

Jul 26, 2017
Thanks you very much guys .. I'v cancelled the plan & looking for another option now ... much appreciation.