+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sameday Tourist VISA to Canada in Buffalo NY

subbu1522

Jul 25, 2011
We are planning to visit Canada for couple of days. Could any one please let me if we can get the stamping on same day in the Buffalo NY consulate of Canada.

Thanks in advance!

Subbu

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
subbu1522 said:
We are planning to visit Canada for couple of days. Could any one please let me if we can get the stamping on same day in the Buffalo NY consulate of Canada.

Thanks in advance!

Subbu
Go there with all the documents required. You shall get the visa same day in NY

mmadsen55

Jul 11, 2011
I was able to get my in-laws a Visa in one day when I went in person from the Detroit office. However, on the Visa locations web site, Detroit has specific information about in person/same day. Buffalo does not. I would suggest if you are able to go to Buffalo in person sometime in advance of your trip, that would be safer than just showing up and hoping you can get the visa and cross into Canada in the same day.

subbu1522

Jul 25, 2011
I went to Canada Consulate in Buffalo and I got the VISA. I reached in at 7AM and I have got the passport with VISA stamped by 8.20AM. It was quick.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
subbu1522 said:
I went to Canada Consulate in Buffalo and I got the VISA. I reached in at 7AM and I have got the passport with VISA stamped by 8.20AM. It was quick.
Yes, this is right!!! However, it's good to know that is just for weekdays. Saturdays and sundays are closed. I mention this because when I crossed the border few weeks back, (Saturday) there was a gentleman who coudn't go thru.... He had U.S. Visa but not Canadian.

Being Diplomat didn't help.

SFD

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
subbu1522 said:
You see, that's what I told you. Have a nice trip :D

mmadsen55

Jul 11, 2011
subbu1522 said:
I dont what to seem cynical, rather just trying to interpret the info on the web site. There are several places where it talks about hours of operation. I am curious how you got in at 7AM? That seems way too early for government work. :D

Monday: 08:00 – 16:00
Tuesday: 08:00 – 16:00
Wednesday: Closed
Thursday: 08:00 – 16:00
Friday: 08:00 – 16:00

Hours of Operation : Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, except for holidays.

The Consular Section receives the public Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm, except for holidays.

businessvisa

Aug 8, 2011
Hi Subbu,

I am in really urgency to get to Canada for my Projects with TRV visa. Is it possible to get Multi entry visa? do we need to have confirmed tickets to canada or can be planned later?

Could you send me the list of supporting docs required in a private message.

Thanks,
D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
businessvisa said:
Hi Subbu,

I am in really urgency to get to Canada for my Projects with TRV visa. Is it possible to get Multi entry visa? do we need to have confirmed tickets to canada or can be planned later?

Could you send me the list of supporting docs required in a private message.

Thanks,
D
Is this for work projects?

businessvisa

Aug 8, 2011
I manage this project from US. Have to visit for 3 to 4 weeks to have meetings with all the departments and get back.

Thanks,
D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
businessvisa said:
I manage this project from US. Have to visit for 3 to 4 weeks to have meetings with all the departments and get back.

Thanks,
D
So you are not visa exempt and you will be travelling as a Business visitor.

If you haven't done this before, I suggest that you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/business-who.asp.
I know a lot of people that have been refused entry due to incorrect answers.

Of course if you have done this before, ignore my comments and have a good trip.

businessvisa

Aug 8, 2011
I believe I fit under TRV.. I am not doing any private business. I am visiting my same company operates from canada office.

thanks,
D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
businessvisa said:
I believe I fit under TRV.. I am not doing any private business. I am visiting my same company operates from canada office.

thanks,
D
Have a good trip.

KG1019

Aug 12, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I have to visit Toronto for a job interview, probably within next 2-3 weeks. So, in order to get the VISA quickly (mail-in may take 30 days or longer?) , I thought same day service would be better.

Recently many of the Candian embassies in the US were undergoing upgrade of their computers and therefore was not offering same day service. I was not sure whether this upgrade was over and they have resumed "same day" service. I wanted to enquire about this in Buffalo and called them. Their automated message says that they do not offer same day service any more. So, I was wondering if anybody got their VISA on the same day recently in Buffalo, in case the automated message was not updated?

If its not Buffalo, I can even go through Detroit or Newyork. So, if anybody has gotten their VISA on same day in any of these Consulates, please let me know.

I would appreciate any useful suggestions!
Thank you.