App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
nchavda said:
Thanks for your detail information.

In my case also I will take 1 month short landing in canada and return back to my home country with family. I am also very confuse about my PR card . Because I can not leave in canada for than one month due to stuff at home country.

Is there any people face problem of getting PR card after left canada in short period.
Most arrange for friends and family to pass it on.

Is there any way to get PR card within one month on immediate basis.
No. This is not possible.

AS I have read in canada website that, If we saw our travel document(payment details of ticket) and return ticket to visa officer at the time of arrival to canada then I can get PR card very shortly.
If you do this, the officer may decide not to order the PR card at that time. It will not make it faster under any circumstances.

IS it possible or not ?
No. It's not.

Please provide details .

Thanks

sohaib.chowdhury

Oct 10, 2014
Hi,
I need to know some info regarding short landing in canada and move back later. Requesting seniors response.

at present stage I am awaiting for MR. Now If everything goes alright by the grace of Almighty I might get PR.
My plan is to enter canada for a month and apply for necessary docs including PR, health insurance & Social security number which are to be mailed to my friend's address. Then return to my home country and stay there for 2.5 - 3 yrs and then move to canada for good.

Now to my understanding,
01. after end of PR card expiry when I apply for new PR card then CIC will check whether I stayed for at least 2 yrs on the last 5 yrs period. since I will enter canada after 3 yrs so 2 yrs residency obligation will be met. hence there will be no issue on PR card renewal.
02. after living canada for consecutive 4 yrs from the final entry if I apply for passport then CIC will check whether I have lived canada for at least 4 yrs on the last 6 yrs period and as it will be met so they will issue Passport.

the aforementioned scenario is hypothetical considering all other conditions met perfectly. Actually I want to understand the permanent residency obligations. Appreciate seniors clarification on my dumb queries.

Thanks & regards
Sohaib

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohaib.chowdhury said:
Hi,
I need to know some info regarding short landing in canada and move back later. Requesting seniors response.

at present stage I am awaiting for MR. Now If everything goes alright by the grace of Almighty I might get PR.
My plan is to enter canada for a month and apply for necessary docs including PR, health insurance & Social security number which are to be mailed to my friend's address. Then return to my home country and stay there for 2.5 - 3 yrs and then move to canada for good.

Now to my understanding,
01. after end of PR card expiry when I apply for new PR card then CIC will check whether I stayed for at least 2 yrs on the last 5 yrs period. since I will enter canada after 3 yrs so 2 yrs residency obligation will be met. hence there will be no issue on PR card renewal.
02. after living canada for consecutive 4 yrs from the final entry if I apply for passport then CIC will check whether I have lived canada for at least 4 yrs on the last 6 yrs period and as it will be met so they will issue Passport.

the aforementioned scenario is hypothetical considering all other conditions met perfectly. Actually I want to understand the permanent residency obligations. Appreciate seniors clarification on my dumb queries.

Thanks & regards
Sohaib
Yes to all you said except that the 4 years of residence is to apply for CITIZENSHIP, not for Passport ... although it's clear what is your real goal ;D

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I need to know do I need to get ETA for landing ?

I do have the COPR and visa exampet passport ?

Appreciate your feed back

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Finland said:
Hi I need to know do I need to get ETA for landing ?

I do have the COPR and visa exampet passport ?

Appreciate your feed back
It is not mandatory until next year. When do you plan to land?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next year , however the lower said it is not requested from new immigrant

Is this true ?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finland said:
Next year , however the lower said it is not requested from new immigrant

Is this true ?
If you have a valid PR Card or a PR visa (pending activation by landing) you don't need ETA. Most PRs have a valid PR Card but there are those who don't usually because they are in breach of the RO and don't want to bring this to the attention of CIC by applying for a PR Card.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Msafiri said:
If you have a valid PR Card or a PR visa (pending activation by landing) you don't need ETA. Most PRs have a valid PR Card but there are those who don't usually because they are in breach of the RO and don't want to bring this to the attention of CIC by applying for a PR Card.
If you are from a visa-exempt country, you would not have an IM -1 visa issued, so an ETA will be required for landing once it becomes mandatory.

zaynahdream

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Interview........
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
Sarah1791 said:
Dear all!
As promised to keep you updated on the status of my case after my short landing in Canada, I'm thrilled to let you all know that I had my PR card delivered to my friend in Canada a couple of days ago after 59 days of my landing date. So while a longer stay until the receipt of a PR card is obviously the safer and more preferable way to go, if you do have to do a short landing, it still seems to be a safe venture as proved by my case and maybe many others whom we don't know of ;)

good to hear that! :)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi,

I have applied for an got my PPR via SINP. I am now waiting for the CoPR from my LVO. I have a couple of doubts that I would like cleared.

1. Since I am SINP, I have to land in Saskatchewan. However, I am not finding direct flights to an airport in the province. Most flights are via Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary. Since one of these cities will be my first PoE in Canada, I understand that my landing will occur there. I will have to show the IO the proof of onward flights to the province of nomination. Is this understanding Correct?

2. I am planning a short stay of 3 weeks in Canada initially. In this time it is unlikely that I will get my PR card. Besides, I will not have an address in Sask. to supply as I do not know anyone there as yet. I know people in Toronto, but many on the forum advise against providing an out of province address. Question: Can I inform the IO that I will provide an address later, and then provide an out of province address? Or should I invest in a mailbox service like UPS and have my mail forwarded to my current address?

3. In case I need to return to Canada befor I get my PR Card, will I be able to apply for a PR Travel Document from outside Canada? Or do I have to wait for my PR Card to reach me?

TIA

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

nchavda said:
Thanks for your detail information.

In my case also I will take 1 month short landing in canada and return back to my home country with family. I am also very confuse about my PR card . Because I can not leave in canada for than one month due to stuff at home country.

Is there any people face problem of getting PR card after left canada in short period.

Is there any way to get PR card within one month on immediate basis.

AS I have read in canada website that, If we saw our travel document(payment details of ticket) and return ticket to visa officer at the time of arrival to canada then I can get PR card very shortly.

IS it possible or not ?

Please provide details .

Thanks
1. No, there is no urgent processing for you initial PR card.
2. Most people give an address of a friend or relative in Canada for the mailing of the PR card. The friend/relative then couriers the card to you overseas.

drashwin

May 11, 2016
Sarah1791 said:
Dear all!
As promised to keep you updated on the status of my case after my short landing in Canada, I'm thrilled to let you all know that I had my PR card delivered to my friend in Canada a couple of days ago after 59 days of my landing date. So while a longer stay until the receipt of a PR card is obviously the safer and more preferable way to go, if you do have to do a short landing, it still seems to be a safe venture as proved by my case and maybe many others whom we don't know of ;)
Congrats Sarah! I'm planning to do the same as well. But I have a doubt, where did you land in Canada? I'm asking this because I read somewhere in the CIC website saying if you give your permanent address as Toronto then you might be asked to collect the PR in person and it won't be mailed to the permanent address you provide? Is it true? I want to land in Toronto and give my friend's address in Toronto. But this one makes me skeptical. Thanks in advance:)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drashwin said:
Congrats Sarah! I'm planning to do the same as well. But I have a doubt, where did you land in Canada? I'm asking this because I read somewhere in the CIC website saying if you give your permanent address as Toronto then you might be asked to collect the PR in person and it won't be mailed to the permanent address you provide? Is it true? I want to land in Toronto and give my friend's address in Toronto. But this one makes me skeptical. Thanks in advance:)
If you are a PNP applicant, you should avoid giving an out of province address for your PR card. It would be better not to give an address at all. Otherwise they can refuse to process your landing and send you to your PNP office to clear things up with them. Giving an out of province address after you have already landed should work but keep in mind that as a PNP applicant, it should be your intention to settle in your PNP province and even though they are not going after people today who don't do this, they might start doing it in the future.

May 12, 2016
Hi guys. A newbie here. Need your help for some questions regarding short landing.
My husband, I and our son need to land to Toronto before Dec this year.
Understand that the PR card will be processed at PoE and I can use my godfather's address for the delivery of the permanent card. Here are my queries:
1. My son will be 1yr and 1month old by the time of landing, my godfather said we need to register him so ge could immediately get allowance from the government. Is this a long process?
2. Do we have to immediately apply for SIN card and Health Insurance right away? I read that health insurance takes 3 months to process. Are we going to face problems if we apply for this on a later date when we plan to settle to Canada for good? Our target date is on june2017.
3. Do we need to open a separate bank account for our son and for ourselves?
4. Finally, given those things that we need to do, is 1week stay enough for us? Because we can't stay for long as we are still working in our resident country.

Need seniors advice cause i am very confused.

Thanku in advance.