+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

delta_q8

May 14, 2012
Dear All,

In Feb. 2012 I was asked to provide proof of fund (for the second time in 4 years) and security check (second time also). Ididn't have the money, so I borrowed the amount from a friend and deposited them and got a certificate from the bank stating that I have such and such Canadian Dollars.

In April, I was asked to make the medical exam and pay 980 CD for Right of Permanent Residence Fee... I did the medical exam and paid the 980 CD in check to the General Receiver of Canada.

Does this mean I've succeeded?
Will I get the Visa?
Will they ask me again to provide a proof of fund?

I waited 7 years since I got the file number...
I'm really afraid they'll check again and ask for a bank certificate !!
I don't have that amount of money because I returned them back to my friend
Does paying that 980 CD guarantees that they approved me?

Thanks

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
delta_q8 said:
Dear All,

In Feb. 2012 I was asked to provide proof of fund (for the second time in 4 years) and security check (second time also). Ididn't have the money, so I borrowed the amount from a friend and deposited them and got a certificate from the bank stating that I have such and such Canadian Dollars.

In April, I was asked to make the medical exam and pay 980 CD for Right of Permanent Residence Fee... I did the medical exam and paid the 980 CD in check to the General Receiver of Canada.

Will I get the Visa?

Thanks
As per norms and based on your progress....you are through. No more requirement except PPR only now for which....keep your fingers crossed 8) 8)

delta_q8

May 14, 2012
asyousuf said:
As per norms and based on your progress....you are through. No more requirement except PPR only now for which....keep your fingers crossed 8) 8)
Thank you very much :)

The lawyer I'm dealing with has asked me to make the medical exam and pay the RPP fees... In fact, I prepared the 980 check before I did the medical.
From what I read on the net, CIC asks the RPP fees to be paid after they approve the medical... right?

I'm afraid my lawyer told me to pay in advance to speed things up, without being asked by CIC
Am I right?

Would CIC send the medical instructions AND request the payment of PRR fees at the same time?

Thanks

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
your visa is around the corner. but the 980 u paid..was it for two people or one person? because its actually 490 per applicant.congrats once again

qshahzad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Feb 2010
IELTS Request
Already submitted with Doc request
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
25-April-2012
Med's Done....
06-May-2012 (delivered on May 17, 12)
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
03-October-2012 (Dec made on Nov 7, 12)
VISA ISSUED...
November 21, 2012
LANDED..........
March 05, 2013
delta_q8 said:
Dear All,

Will I get the Visa?

Thanks
CIC can ask for either the RPRF or the medicals or both, i have varying examples among my friends. RPRF or medicals mean your work is 90% done, but nothing can be said till the time you get the visa stamped on your passport as CIC has the right to ask for additional documents etc. So Good luck and best wishes.

delta_q8

May 14, 2012
fatex said:
your visa is around the corner. but the 980 u paid..was it for two people or one person? because its actually 490 per applicant.congrats once again
You are right.. 980 for me and my wife

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
The 980 CAD in check should be in the name of CHC and not the General Receiver of Canada.

delta_q8

May 14, 2012
jaggy999 said:
The 980 CAD in check should be in the name of CHC and not the General Receiver of Canada.
I don't know :(
The lawyer gave me the beneficiary name, and my bank issued the registered check for it... my bank even knew the procedure and knew to which account and branch in Montreal !

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
Also dear its receiver general of canada instead of General Receiver of Canada, wat u have mentioned......so plz get it clarified by some senior...if this wil do

delta_q8

May 14, 2012
jaggy999 said:
Also dear its receiver general of canada instead of General Receiver of Canada, wat u have mentioned......so plz get it clarified by some senior...if this wil do
You are right, it's the receiver general of Canada.. But I didn't understand what you said about "get it clarified by some senior".
When I went to my lawyer to collect the medical exam forms, he gave me a paper where "receiver general of canada" and 980 CAD were written on... He told me to give it to my bank and issue a registered check with that information. Than bank clerk immediately knew what to do and issued the check and it was a branch of some bank in Montreal !

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
delta_q8 said:
You are right, it's the receiver general of Canada.. But I didn't understand what you said about "get it clarified by some senior".
When I went to my lawyer to collect the medical exam forms, he gave me a paper where "receiver general of canada" and 980 CAD were written on... He told me to give it to my bank and issue a registered check with that information. Than bank clerk immediately knew what to do and issued the check and it was a branch of some bank in Montreal !
Dear maybe ur lawyer knows better....I had once made RPRF for my bro and it was to be issued to CHC.......

What I meant was raise a new topic and ask seniors what name should be mentioned in RPRF....is it CHC or Receiver General of canada

Destiny.CA

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
01-07-2012
The RPRF if paid in local currency needs to be issued in the name of "Canadian High Commission" payable in the city where Canadian Embassy is eg New Delhi and if paid in CAD, it needs to be issued in the name of "Receiver General of Canada".

dhansu singh

Jun 7, 2013
Right of Permanent Residence Fee

dhansu singh
Hi.
I wanted to ask you this question: I had been granted FSW visa in 1996..then I went to canada after paying “Right of Canada Permanent Residency Fee “. Then I came back to my home country and never went till next 10 years.So my visa residency lapsed.
Then I reapplied as Provincial Nominee and got mail from high commision to pay residency fee.

Now my question is “Do I Have to pay this Right to Permanent Residency Fee again / second time”?

dhansu singh

Jun 7, 2013
delta_q8 said:
Dear All,

Will I get the Visa?

Thanks
dhansu singh says
Hi..thanks its a really nice article.
I wanted to ask you this question: I had been granted FSW visa in 1996..then I went to canada after paying “Right of Canada Permanent Residency Fee “. Then I came back to my home country and never went till next 10 years.So my visa residency lapsed.
Then I reapplied as Provincial Nominee and got mail from high commision to pay residency fee.

Now my question is “Do I Have to pay this Right to Permanent Residency Fee again / second time”?