+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review to a Minister's Delegate.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Dear Members.

I have applied for renewal of my PR card on humanitarian grounds. I stayed only for 1 year and then went to.my home country . I stayed there for my health reasons.

I got a letter from CiC stating that the officer isn't satisfied with my personal circumstances that justify the retention of permanent status.

He further stated that he has prepared a inadmissibility report and referred for review to a Minister's Delegate, who may be in contact with me regarding an interview.

The letter was dated 10 August. The report date was July 27.

I haven't received any communication till now.

What does the letter mean? What will happen next?

How much time do I need to wait?

My PR card expired in July.

Thanks.

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Dear Members.

I have applied for renewal of my PR card on humanitarian grounds. I stayed only for 1 year and then went to.my home country . I stayed there for my health reasons.

I got a letter from CiC stating that the officer isn't satisfied with my personal circumstances that justify the retention of permanent status.

He further stated that he has prepared a inadmissibility report and referred for review to a Minister's Delegate, who may be in contact with me regarding an interview.

The letter was dated 10 August. The report date was July 27.

I haven't received any communication till now.

What does the letter mean? What will happen next?

How much time do I need to wait?

My PR card expired in July.

Thanks.
1. The Minister's delegate is a supervisor who reviews the 44 report, and if s/he agrees then a determination is made that you don't meet the residency requirements and a departure order will be issued (if you are in Canada)
2. You will receive a notice of that, and if you are in Canada you will have 60 days to submit the appeal to the IAD the information will be in the letter if you are outside Canada. Inside Canada and Ports of Entry , you will have 30 days to appeal or the removal order becomes effective.
3. You should read OP10 Manual if you receive the report and removal order, you should contact a lawyer to find out your options.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Looks like they have rejected your H&C grounds for not meeting (or they are getting ready to reject it) RO. As PMM suggested, it's time to lawyer up.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
HI

1. The Minister's delegate is a supervisor who reviews the 44 report, and if s/he agrees then a determination is made that you don't meet the residency requirements and a departure order will be issued (if you are in Canada)
2. You will receive a notice of that, and if you are in Canada you will have 60 days to submit the appeal to the IAD the information will be in the letter if you are outside Canada. Inside Canada and Ports of Entry , you will have 30 days to appeal or the removal order becomes effective.
3. You should read OP10 Manual if you receive the report and removal order, you should contact a lawyer to find out your options.
Thanks.

When I called the call centre the agent said a 1 year PR card has been sent for production . ???

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks.

When I called the call centre the agent said a 1 year PR card has been sent for production . ???
That usually means your PR card renewal has been rejected and process started to revoke your PR status, so assuming you will appeal you will get 1-year validity PR cards while waiting for your appeal date.

If your renewal app is already rejected, then you should know the chance of an appeal being successful is incredibly slim unless you have some new/additional evidence to provide that you didn't already use for your original H&C claim.

I would guess part of the reason for rejection, is that as a PR you could have received free health care in Canada meaning your own health reasons are not suitable as a H&C claim.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
That usually means your PR card renewal has been rejected and process started to revoke your PR status, so assuming you will appeal you will get 1-year validity PR cards while waiting for your appeal date.

If your renewal app is already rejected, then you should know the chance of an appeal being successful is incredibly slim unless you have some new/additional evidence to provide that you didn't already use for your original H&C claim.

I would guess part of the reason for rejection, is that as a PR you could have received free health care in Canada meaning your own health reasons are not suitable as a H&C claim.
Thank you.
Any chances for calling me for the interview by Minister's Delegate as stated in the letter ?

Can the Minsr's delegate approve my PR card if I called for the interview?

The Officer has afford an Interview for my wife and 3 children. They are in the home country . Once they get PRTD they need to inform.the office of the availably for the interview.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Doubtful that they will get PRTD if they are in the same position as you are and not met the residency requirement.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
I called centre today. The agent said my PR card valid for 1 year has been sent to local Etobicoke office for pick up.

For my wife and kids the Visa officer has afford an opportunity to attend interview. As they are in home country they are advised to apply for PRTD and once they get the PRTD they need to inform the office about their availability in Canada for interview. They haven't mentioned any time limit for the interview.

Can anyone explain what all this means?

Thank You

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Today Received a letter printed on blue paper asking to pick list of documents for residency assessment before giving PR Card.
The call centre agent said The PR card is valid for 1 year.

Can anyone tell me whether my PR card application is refused or ???

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you are only being offered a 1 year card, your normal renewal application has been denied. The 1 year card is to support your attendance in person at the appeal. You need to lawyer up, as has been recommended a number of times. You are on the cusp of losing your PR status.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
If you are only being offered a 1 year card, your normal renewal application has been denied. The 1 year card is to support your attendance in person at the appeal. You need to lawyer up, as has been recommended a number of times. You are on the cusp of losing your PR status.
Thanks

But the letter dint mention like losing of PR status or anything related. To appeal ..as I read in forms that they give 30 days to appeal...nothing that sort has been mentioned ...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
My feeling is that they have not actually made a decision on your H&C application for renewal yet, hence the 1 year PR card. I suspect that if the accept your claim, you'll get notification as such. If they don't, you will get a fairness letter which will be the start of the process to revoke your PR. You will get to file your appeal at that point, if that's how it goes.

Get a lawyer!

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks

But the letter dint mention like losing of PR status or anything related. To appeal ..as I read in forms that they give 30 days to appeal...nothing that sort has been mentioned ...
I received my PR card valid for 1 year. When asked the issuing agent why I was issued only 1 year PR card.. she said my PR is under review and i will be called for interview.

Any Idea what will be the next step from Cic?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They will complete their investigation, probably after an interview and provide you with either a refusal letter or accept your H&C claim and issue a new pr card. You need a lawyer.