+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

restore an open work permit

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Hi there,

I was filling out the IMM5710E to restore my open work permit.

I have faced a problem what

should I type in #7 row especially my status, date from and to. I have attemped to fill in Worker as my previeous

status and date accordingly my expired visa then I hit the validate but the date of "TO" on #7 row coulored red.

Please comment for my urgent question.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,

I was filling out the IMM5710E to restore my open work permit.

I have faced a problem what

should I type in #7 row especially my status, date from and to. I have attemped to fill in Worker as my previeous

status and date accordingly my expired visa then I hit the validate but the date of "TO" on #7 row coulored red.

Please comment for my urgent question.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,
Hi

Under what grounds do you qualify for an Open Work Permit?

You have no status, so you can't put Worker.

Reactions: Won

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Thanks for the response,

Then which one should I choose for my status?? Others? Or Visitor? And what date suppose to be chosen?

Thanks.

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Hi

Thanks for the response,

Then which one should I choose for my status?? Others? Or Visitor? And what date suppose to be chosen?

Thanks.

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Hi

Because my spouse has PGWP and She is working under NOC "B" code theb as far as I know, I can extend my open work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Because my spouse has PGWP and She is working under NOC "B" code theb as far as I know, I can extend my open work permit.
When did your status expire? Does your spouse has 3 payslips from her job?

You need to select Other and put that you are out of status. Pick a date.

Reactions: AlexandraO

Won

Sep 23, 2017

Mine has expired in last July 31.
And what sort of 3 payslips are you talking about? She has got payment cheque, working hours and job title sheet
And which date do I choose? I can't choose the date before today

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Mine has expired in last July 31.
And what sort of 3 payslips are you talking about? She has got payment cheque, working hours and job title sheet
And which date do I choose? I can't choose the date before today
3 payslips from her job. Put the next day for the date.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016

thanks for answers - my husband will be in same position. we are applying now for him for open work permit on basis of mine PGWP.
Are you sure that we need 3 payslips from my work? his current work permit expires on 7th of November and we were going to apply for him very soon and I've just started new work, I have only one payslip.

one more question - I've read on CIC page that you should to apply for extension of your work permit while your current permit is valid at least 30 days - is it true? can I apply later - lets say in our case 1st November vs current permit expires on 7th of November.

thank you

Won

Sep 23, 2017
I applied my PGWP a month before expiry it was in July 31, I should have applied my wife's permit as well, while mine was processing my wife's permit was expired because her permit could be valid depend on my permit.
once I got my PGWP she attempted to extend her permit but she had to pay $200? more for restoring her permit.

As far as I know, person who holds PGWP have to work under NOC code "O, A, and B" position then her spouse can issue open work permit
that's why they require your pay-slips which show your wage and job title. If PGWP holder works under "C or D" his or her spouse can't work.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks for answers - my husband will be in same position. we are applying now for him for open work permit on basis of mine PGWP.
Are you sure that we need 3 payslips from my work? his current work permit expires on 7th of November and we were going to apply for him very soon and I've just started new work, I have only one payslip.

one more question - I've read on CIC page that you should to apply for extension of your work permit while your current permit is valid at least 30 days - is it true? can I apply later - lets say in our case 1st November vs current permit expires on 7th of November.

thank you
Yes, you need 3 payslips. This is stated on the IRCC website.

30 days is a suggestion, not a requirement. You can apply Nov 1st.

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I am on Closed WP, my husband of Open WP and my kids on Student. I have applied for PR and waiting to hear back.
My WP expires on 11 Jan 2019. I want to apply BOWP. Few ques
1) What does Restore status in canada mean ? Should I select Yes for all or No
2) I will continue to work with same employer, do i still apply for open work permit ?

Please help!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am on Closed WP, my husband of Open WP and my kids on Student. I have applied for PR and waiting to hear back.
My WP expires on 11 Jan 2019. I want to apply BOWP. Few ques
1) What does Restore status in canada mean ? Should I select Yes for all or No
2) I will continue to work with same employer, do i still apply for open work permit ?

Please help!!
1. Restoration is for people without status.

2. Yes, you are applying for an OWP.