Not applicable
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Done
LANDED..........
September 29, 2015
rjessome said:
You can apply for restoration and a change of conditions from worker to visitor through Vegreville either by paper or online. But keep in mind that once you apply to become a visitor and if a new LMO is issued, you must apply for a new work permit to an embassy or consulate OUTSIDE of Canada. You cannot make the change back from visitor to worker by applying through Vegreville again.
Please I thought I should just ask you this on behalf of a friend.

He is a citizen of Ireland. He came here just over six months ago, he also got an LMO/Work permit exempt job offer and he applied for extension on the day before his stay was to expire (6 months), but after a few days he got a refusal letter and he was asked to leave. reasons

1. In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
- employment and study commitments;
- family ties and responsibilities;
- status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you.
[X] You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country.
[X] You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you.

Question: He applied as a visa exempt applicant a day before expiry of his stay? what could be wrong?
do you think he has a chance at apply for restoration of status?
on what basis can one apply for restoration in this kinda case?

babylove

Jan 5, 2015
please help...hi i would like to seek advice about my bf's case. He applied for restoration status together with the work permit last dec 29.He run out of his status because the first work permit he applied was refused. He was under provincial nominee program and now About two weeks ago we received an update from CPC ottawa requesting him to pay for the landing fee and then the next day he paid for it. about 4 days later, we received an email requesting him to submit paystub, letter from employer/ employment/ bank statements, and he need to restore his status here in canada and must be received by cic office on March 30,2015..

Our question is does he need to apply for TRV or we just need to wait for the decision on his previous restoration status?

Will it affect the decision on his PR application?

What if March 30 comes and still no de ison made yet from his restoration?

what should we do??? very sad... and worried

gene0626

Jan 2, 2015
while my restoration application is on process can i still stay in canada even my 90 days period is over?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gene0626 said:
while my restoration application is on process can i still stay in canada even my 90 days period is over?
Yes.

Ajose1988

Feb 23, 2015
Hi, I came here in Canada last May4,2014 under the live in caregiver program. My passport, TRV and work permit had expired Jan.22,2015. I had my passport renewed last November22nd, but it was released February 12. Still within the 90 days period, i'm still confuse about applying online or by paper. Per CIC online acct, "document:itinerary travel" is required. however, with IMM5556, valid return ticket seems to be optional , in the checklist it says "photocopy of your valid return ticket, if you have one." Am i getting this right? I just work for 8months, do i still need a new lmo to extend my permit?
Since i am out of status? Please i need help

nnchopra

Jun 10, 2015
Hi,
I have applied for my restoration of status as a visitor withing 90 days of its expiry, but now 90 days is done and i still havent heard about my status restoration. Meanwhile my file is in process , i received a positive reply on my LMIA. My question is if I can update visa office with my LMIA result or if i have to apply for whole new file of new work permit. If yes, then can i apply from within Canada.
Thanks very much!

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
babylove said:
please help...hi i would like to seek advice about my bf's case. He applied for restoration status together with the work permit last dec 29.He run out of his status because the first work permit he applied was refused. He was under provincial nominee program and now About two weeks ago we received an update from CPC ottawa requesting him to pay for the landing fee and then the next day he paid for it. about 4 days later, we received an email requesting him to submit paystub, letter from employer/ employment/ bank statements, and he need to restore his status here in canada and must be received by cic office on March 30,2015..

Our question is does he need to apply for TRV or we just need to wait for the decision on his previous restoration status?

Will it affect the decision on his PR application?

What if March 30 comes and still no de ison made yet from his restoration?

Why was the first work permit refused? Also, did not he get a support letter from pnp? Why are they asking to submit so many documents specially bank stmts, paystubs etc.?

what should we do??? very sad... and worried

Kachra

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi All,

my application to extednd my work permit expired on 27th sept and I am currently on my 90 day period to restore my status.
I have 2 questions;
1. If my 90 day period has over and my aplication to restore my status is still in process then can I still stay in CANADA until a decision is made??
2.Can I only apply to restore my Temporary resdient Visa in Canada?? so I can continue to stay in Canada and wait for my PR invitation and then resote my Work permit?

thanks, apprecate if any1 can hep on these questions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kachra said:
Hi All,

my application to extednd my work permit expired on 27th sept and I am currently on my 90 day period to restore my status.
I have 2 questions;
1. If my 90 day period has over and my aplication to restore my status is still in process then can I still stay in CANADA until a decision is made??
2.Can I only apply to restore my Temporary resdient Visa in Canada?? so I can continue to stay in Canada and wait for my PR invitation and then resote my Work permit?

thanks, apprecate if any1 can hep on these questions.
1. Yes - you can remain in Canada.
2. You can certainly try. It's up to CIC if it will be approved.

snake3276120

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
2133/2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-09-2016
Guys,

Is it possible to restore my worker status using online application, or I have to mail a paper application?

Thanks.

Wendy35

Oct 30, 2017
I would like to ask your point of view on my situation. I am an international student who graduated last oct. 20, 2017, but due to exams that I need to retake the school has not given me my diploma. The school gave me an extension letter. They schedule the exam first week of December. I am worried because my study permit expires on the 20th of January. If I can submit my PGWP application second week of December and I haven’t get my result until my study permit, what will happen? Hope to hear from you with regards to this matter. Thank you.