+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status - Work Permit Expired

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
And this was on December? (You don't talk much, do you? :) ) Anyway, so you can now send your application for WP, with the LMO and restoration at the same time. All the best.

ismailgls said:
i paid 350 ..i applied for online ..

ismailgls

Mar 3, 2012
no i just want answer your quetions :)) otherwise i am talking too much ahaa ..i have one more question ..can i choose restoration and extend work permit in the same application form or do i have to fill it up two applications form one of them restoration one of them wp ???

thank you so much for helping me
:))

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
One form for both, WP and restoration, two payments, one for the WP and one for the restoration (I think you can pay online for both just specify the services)

ismailgls said:
no i just want answer your quetions :)) otherwise i am talking too much ahaa ..i have one more question ..can i choose restoration and extend work permit in the same application form or do i have to fill it up two applications form one of them restoration one of them wp ???

thank you so much for helping me
:))

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
This is a new payment I hope. The $350. in December is forever gone :( All the best on your app. Let us know the result okay. :)

ismailgls said:
i did like this ...i paid 350 for both of them ...thank you so much ..i hope it will work for me ... thanks

ismailgls

Mar 3, 2012
i will tell u :)...actually just problem time..because i have all paper what i need it..so i hope they will consider my application ...btw i wrote letter why i applied for after restoration period .. thanks a lot job_seeker

Jul 26, 2012
PLEASE HELP

-My WP has expired on 28 June 2012

-I have applied online for WP extension on 6 June 2012

-I got an online message from CIC “We require proof that your employer has applied for an LMO thank you!”

-On 1st August I provided (uploaded) proof that my employer has applied for LMO, (Fax paper slip as I don’t have LMO yet and a letter explaining what caused the delay)

-On 10th August I received a refusal letter to my WP extension: “Your app for WP cannot be approved as requested without valid LMO and Confirmation from HRSDC, Your prospective employer is responsible for obtaining this confirmation”

What should I do know to try to Restore my Status as Worker

Can I do that online? If so I am finding myself against questions like:

What is your current status in Canada?

•Visitor
•Worker
•Student
•Temporary resident permit
•Refugee claimant
•Live-in caregivers

My Current status is WP extension refused and trying to get worker Status Restored

Which one should I choose?

mac_shah

Apr 10, 2013
Hi there my name is mrugesh I have applied for Work permit as well for restoration on 30/11/2012 on the basis of sinp
till them when i contact them they say there is no action required on my side officer will contact me if needed
its been more than 4 mths my WP got stuck if any body is in same scenario please share thier views or mail me
S.mrugesh@gmail.com

amitpulani

Apr 4, 2013
Hello , My name is amit and I have also applied for Status restore and work permit extension on the basis of SINP in jan 2013 and still waiting. Can we share our phone numbers and talk about it if you wont mind. My no is 306 450 0084. Call me anytime after 5 on weekdays and anytime on weekends.

jaycanada

Aug 8, 2014
Hi my work permit is going to expire on 14th Sept 2014 and i have applied for PNP in the month of April already. i haven't yet heard from PNP so far. I am worried what can i do to extend my work permit as i am employed with superstore and don't want to loose the job. if my PNP doesn't get approved before my work permit expires and if i apply for restoration, will i be able to work, my pay kept on hold? does any one know if they allow us to work but keep payroll on hold until i get my work permit restored?

canadakaur

Aug 6, 2014
Hi I have the same problem here. I applied for work permit extension in nov on lmo and they refused it and again we did all the formalties and I aplied for restoration and work permit extension but again I got the refusal on 6 aug. And they said leave the country I dont know what to do... any suggestions here plss I am so tense rt now??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadakaur said:
Hi I have the same problem here. I applied for work permit extension in nov on lmo and they refused it and again we did all the formalties and I aplied for restoration and work permit extension but again I got the refusal on 6 aug. And they said leave the country I dont know what to do... any suggestions here plss I am so tense rt now??
Leave, unless you want CBSA to report and remove you.

bryanbc04

Jul 24, 2014
Hi everyone!

I am under a live-in caregiver program. My status just expired today because im still waiting for my new passport still havent arrived its passed 1 and half months now. i should have my passport now i call my local embassy they said it will take up to 2months. its freakin me out. im out of status tomorrow Aug 15. I called cic for my situation and they said they cant do anything or give me consideration on my situation. i really need my new passport to process my extension of my WP.

my questions are:

1. what are the requirents to restore my status?
btw, im from quebec i checked my CAQ still valid and my LMO still okay. Just my work permit is expired.

2. what are the forms?

3. can i submit it online for faster processing?

4. will i renew my contract?
(i heard from someone that i need to renew also my contract, but im staying with same employer)

pls help me..\
i appreciate everything that will make me feel relax.

im kinda nervous and afraid i might be deported or rejected of having my work permit restored.