+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Questionnaire

hl007ca

Jul 31, 2012
I just finished citizenship exam today. They gave me a Residence Questionnaire to complete within 45 days. In section 7, it says list all trips outside of Canada (including all day trips and trips to US).....If I went to US in the morning and came back at night same day, didnt stay overnight, do I need to declare? Is there anyone knows how long to get a travel history from CBSA? Most of time they don't stamp when you come back Canada from US. It seems the only way to get travel history is asking CBSA? Anyone has similar experience to share or have better ideas on this? I was employed all the time while I was in Canada. I have all records of employment (ROE). Will that be sufficient as proof document for my residency? Thanks for sharing..

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for CBSA immediately, it takes up to 60 days, so submit that later when you receive it, same with OHIP record,
For the trips where you went in morning and return evening(no over night stay) don't need to mention those, that what
they have in CIC manuals, Your T4's should be good enough, Please read my post for more details how to request these reports.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t94035.0.html;msg1359050#msg1359050

hl007ca

Jul 31, 2012
Thank you very much.... really appreciate...

BTW, I am located in Vancouver. Is it the same to get Personal Claim History (PCH) from Personal Health Information Office in Ontario?

Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Personal Health Information Office
Corporate Administration Services
49 Place d'Armes, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 48
Kingston ON K7L 5J3

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hl007ca said:
Thank you very much.... really appreciate...

BTW, I am located in Vancouver. Is it the same to get Personal Claim History (PCH) from Personal Health Information Office in Ontario?

Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Personal Health Information Office
Corporate Administration Services
49 Place d'Armes, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 48
Kingston ON K7L 5J3
For BC you have claim from your prov office i believe

hl007ca

Jul 31, 2012
Hi Mary,

Did you get RQ through mail? On the letter came in with RQ, does it indicate specifically that you need record from CBSA?

allen1969

Aug 3, 2012
I got the letter of RQ on july 25th my due date is on Sat/8th/ Aug(45 days)
I am still missing lots of documents do I wait until thursday the 8th or send it with missing information that I don't even know if I have?

please reply ASAP...we are hitting the long weekend...it is scary

hl007ca

Jul 31, 2012
Have you asked CBSA for your travel history? Lots peopled advised that you can send in whatever you have first and explain to CIC that will send in travel history once you receive it from CBSA.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my RQ in mail, dated May 07 (ecase was also updated same day)
you should meet the deadline, submit whatever you have with a note to CIC explaining
what you will be submitting later on.
CBSA now a days taking 60 days, OHIP taking 4 weeks

hl007ca

Jul 31, 2012
Do I really need to submitted all my credit statement in last 4 years? That will be tons of paper. I only keep current year statement..........
I have T4, employment records, car maintenance record, car insurance record....have sent request for CBSA report... aren't those enough?

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have no choice, they ask for 4 years, that means 4 years, i had to submit lots of papers since i was using
2 bank account and 3 major cards, so you can imagine, get back statements from your CC issuer company they
keep the records.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Many - if not most - big Banks these days have E-Statements online - which of course very accurately capture how often your cards was used , time gaps during travel- i.e. record of where a debit card or credit card was used - example if you said you were in x or y country etc.

So, I would suggest periodically downloading those statements before they go offline and you have to pay to get them from the Bank, for example. Most websites allow for downloading them as standard PDF documents.

allen1969

Aug 3, 2012
I got the letter of RQ on july 25th my due date is on Sat/8th/ Aug(45 days)
I am still missing lots of documents do I wait until thursday the 8th or send it with missing information that I don't even know if I have?

please reply ASAP...we are hitting the long weekend.....
can some1 give me a clear answer please? ::)

samaabraham

Aug 7, 2012
You do not have to send all credit card statements. you just send the one you use most and send its statements but it should be for four years. for bank acounts, you can also send one account statements. I know one guy who sent a ton of documents and they refused it. that was in person delivery in mississauga cic office. the lighter the more comprehensive, the better and the faster

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the Day trips... i called CIC and spoke to an agent and specifically asked that in RQ form its mentioned
"include day trips" , she was very clear "no need to include that, but choice is yours, no harm" i would suggest to call CIC and double check with
them...better safe then sorry...