+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Additional Documents - Regarding my marriage after Medical recieved

immigrant123

Aug 12, 2014
Hi Experts,

Need your help. I have informed CIC about my marriage plans and received an email from them stating all the documents that are needed. They said "All documents must be sent by email, mail or fax according to the address and number below. Do not submit originals unless otherwise stated as documents submitted will not be returned.". I sent another email to them asking for confirmation and they replied saying - All the documents must be sent by mail.

Can you please suggest whats the best option to send these documents. In any case, can I submit both mine and my spouse`s documents in a single email or a single package with the exception of questionnaire.

Thanks,
Surya

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hi immigrant123 what stage are you at right now

I am due to receive visa in a few days now..
If i marry before landing do i need to give all my job ref letters etc all over again? To cic
To take my spouse along.

Can u share the email they sent u by removing your uci no and other personal details.

Sam1326

Mar 30, 2015
Received the request for additional documents from CIC on 15th June and sent the documents by mail today.
Medicals are done for both me and my spouse in last month.
RPRF paid upfront.

Question:
I haven't send scanned copies of those documents. Is it required to send scanned copies as well?

I dont think so , but just need to take your opinion guys.

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Hi
I am SK PNP applicant (applied in July 2014). My marital status changed in Januay 2015, and i updated CIC about it. I got an email from CIC Ottawa today, and they asked me to complete attached forms, But there is nothing atached in this email.
They requested following documents
CONTROL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM PRINCIPAL APPLICANT (Please read and complete each form accurately):
· Updated IMM 5669 Schedule A to be completed by Principal Applicant
· Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire to be completed by Principal Applicant (Attached)
CONTROL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FROM YOUR SPOUSE (Please read and complete each form accurately):
· Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (Attached)

My Problem is that there is no atachment in the email. So how can i find Principal applicant questionnaire and spouse Relationship assessment

Thanks for your time !!

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Hi,

You can mail them back that you did not get the attachment.They should reply back.

Thanks

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
sab12in said:
Hi,

You can mail them back that you did not get the attachment.They should reply back.

Thanks
I replied back
Thanks for your response

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi,

I have been following this forum quietly for a long time. Here is my timeline:

Application filed - Feb 28, 2014
AOR Received - Mar 20, 2014
Informed about marital status change (Got Married) - Jan 11, 2015
Request to submit spouse add-on kit - Jan 20, 2015
Submitted spouse add-on kit - Jan 28, 2015
Medicals Requested - April 14 (For both me and my spouse)
Medicals done - April 18 (For both me and my spouse)
Request for RPRF Payment - April 15, Paid right away.
Request for spouse processing fee - May 5, 2015, Paid right away.
Request for additional Information - July 30, 2015

Below is the email I have received from CIC ottawa today asking for evidences proving our relationship:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;
· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
· Details of the history of your relationship;
· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to submit the requested documents:

Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

Now that my question is
1. what should I provide for "history of your relationship". Is it just a brief description in word like how we met and how long we know each other, etc...?
2. what is "statutory declaration" and how to obtain that? We are legally married, do we still need to provide this?
3. How to submit all these big documents in an email as they mentioned to do so.
4. My spouse on the other hand received a similar email, does that mean both of us has to provide different files/same files for one application?

Seniors pls advise...

Thanks

ConnieD

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Hi everybody!! Got a question, I have been asked further documents as well, not about marriage but it's the same... How to you upload the new info? Where do you log into? Because if I log into MyCic account and then don't know where do go...
Should I go to "see submitted application for Express Entry"??? Or Submitted application Permanent Residence??? And once there??

Please, help!

Thanks,

Connie.

happy98

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
Nomination.....
26-07-2014
AOR Received.
3-10-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
3-10-2014
Med's Done....
4-10-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Hi
My status changed to decision made, and CPC requested for my passport and any accompanying family member. They asked to contact them if family member does not reside in Canada, or States, My question is my wife is in india , and she was in my application. I already emailed them about that, but didn't get any response yet.
Anybody had same situation , or know about this, please advise me.

Thanks

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
happy98 said:
Hi
My status changed to decision made, and CPC requested for my passport and any accompanying family member. They asked to contact them if family member does not reside in Canada, or States, My question is my wife is in india , and she was in my application. I already emailed them about that, but didn't get any response yet.
Anybody had same situation , or know about this, please advise me.

Thanks
Reply Back to the email that you recieved for faster response.

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
Hi All,

I am getting married next month, I have a couple of questions:

1 - What is the procedure to add my spouse to my existing PR application?

2 - How much processing time does it add to an application to add you spouse towards the final stages of the application?

vicky_india

Feb 11, 2013
Stealth Assasin said:
Hi All,

I am getting married next month, I have a couple of questions:

1 - What is the procedure to add my spouse to my existing PR application?

2 - How much processing time does it add to an application to add you spouse towards the final stages of the application?
Answer 1. - Write an email to CIC informing them about marriage plan. They will send you the details of required forms and documents along with all the instructions.

Answer 2.- It depends from case to case and visa officer to visa officer. I am a april 2014 applicant , I added my wife in July 2014 and I am waiting till date for PPR. For some of the applicants it was done in 6 months also.

All the best.

gam786

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Doc's Request.
schdule a April 27, 2016/ Rcmp for PA may 13,2016
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014, Feb 29, 2016
Interview........
March 4,2016
IUser said:
Hi,

I have been following this forum quietly for a long time. Here is my timeline:

Application filed - Feb 28, 2014
AOR Received - Mar 20, 2014
Informed about marital status change (Got Married) - Jan 11, 2015
Request to submit spouse add-on kit - Jan 20, 2015
Submitted spouse add-on kit - Jan 28, 2015
Medicals Requested - April 14 (For both me and my spouse)
Medicals done - April 18 (For both me and my spouse)
Request for RPRF Payment - April 15, Paid right away.
Request for spouse processing fee - May 5, 2015, Paid right away.
Request for additional Information - July 30, 2015

Below is the email I have received from CIC ottawa today asking for evidences proving our relationship:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected.

Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

· Engagement photos and/or photos of outings;
Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, including wedding reception and post wedding photographs;
· If your spouse or CLP is living abroad, please provide proof of your or their visits such as airline ticket coupons, used boarding passes, complete photocopy of all pages of your spouse’s passport;
· Evidence of continued contact such as phone bills, letters and e-mails;
· Details of the history of your relationship;
· At least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your common-law relationship supporting your claims;

Any other documents that you feel would demonstrate your relationship to your spouse or CLP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to submit the requested documents:

Please email all requested documents and information to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

Now that my question is
1. what should I provide for "history of your relationship". Is it just a brief description in word like how we met and how long we know each other, etc...?
2. what is "statutory declaration" and how to obtain that? We are legally married, do we still need to provide this?
3. How to submit all these big documents in an email as they mentioned to do so.
4. My spouse on the other hand received a similar email, does that mean both of us has to provide different files/same files for one application?

Seniors pls advise...

Thanks
Hello I wanted to know if you have provided everything and got the decision because they asked the same for me the exact email

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
gam786 said:
Hello I wanted to know if you have provided everything and got the decision because they asked the same for me the exact email
Yes I provided everything on August 7, still waiting for their response.

gam786

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Doc's Request.
schdule a April 27, 2016/ Rcmp for PA may 13,2016
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014, Feb 29, 2016
Interview........
March 4,2016
IUser said:
Yes I provided everything on August 7, still waiting for their response.
Thank You for your reply