+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Report Illegal Immigrant

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never, ever provide my SIN to anyone unless I am legally required to. Generally you are only required to if an institution needs it for tax purposes such as banks, or to hire you (where it is also used for tax purposes). When you are taking out a loan you will almost never need to give them your SIN, so I don't.

Unless it is legally required, banks and other institutions are not allowed to discriminate against you for not giving your SIN, and can get in big trouble if they do.

job_seeker said:
Does this mean we're better off not providing our temporary SIN when dealing with the banks? (off topic, sorry)

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Medvedev said:
lol! I'd just like to understand his motivation for 'snitching' and I'll bet it isn't for 100% 'honourable' reasons ;)
After all, there is a Woman at the center of this story :)
I would just like to point out that I know what it's like to be the woman at the center of that story. I met my now husband in the US. He was there illegally for well, his whole life. It wasn't his fault. He was brought here when he was ten by his mom who didn't and still doesn't fully understand immigration laws. We're righting the wrong now by filing for MY PR status in Canada since unfortuantely his is so complicated.

He was an illegal alien, but he was more than that to his family, his friends, everyone who met him and meets him loves him and now misses him. I don't know the full story. But there's a chance that maybe he doesn't fully understand immigration laws. Have they been explained to him? Have options been handed to him? It breaks my heart to think someone could have done this to my husband before we had any idea (i.e. his mom claimed she had it all under control, and we were young and just didn't worry).

I understand your viewpoint as a citizen (poster) but because of my husband and love, I and my family and his family and friends and hundreds of people risked themselves being associated with him I suppose. I'm sure all of them would tell you it was worth it. Do whatever you feel is best, that's just my side of it.

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
I would like to elaborate on Medvedev's point. As a citizen, I don't necessarily agree with some of the negative views. I live in Toronto and I know about a dozen people who are here illegally. Everyone of them has a story. Most of them didn't come here to poison our society but to seek a better life/opportunities for themselves so that they may suppurt their relatives (wherever they came from). They are not bad people and they don't abuse the system so in return, I mind my own business.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I beg to differ. If you are here illegally, you ARE abusing the system, because you have no right to be here yet you break the law to do so anyway.

Do I think the immigration system is complex, slow, and often unfair? Yes. But it is what is is, and people do not have the right to break laws simply because of personal preference or convenience. What you are basically saying is "The illegals I know know that they are breaking the law and doing the wrong thing, but they don't care, because being in Canada is more advantageous to them economically rather than staying at home where they have a right to be."

If that is not abusing the system I'm not sure what is...

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Many good points raised in this conversation.

It's not acceptable that individuals decide which rules to obey, which ones they are above. That way lies chaos.

On the other hand, some rules are simply bone-headed, made for different circumstances, or they are good rules but being applied inflexibly by some bureaucrat in a bad mood, and need to be adjusted a tad.

So, in a situation that seems to ask for flexibility in applying the rules, I suggest that we try to find ways to respect the spirit of the rules, if not the exact letter. If someone is an illegal alien through his own doing, I am less favourable toward his case. But if he is an illegal because of his parents' actions, and now he wants to extricate himself from the mess, I am more sympathetic, and more willing to look for "off-grid solutions".

WHere is King Soloman when we need him?

kod2010

Feb 24, 2010
Hi i now someone who went to canada over 3 years ago for a holiday and hasint come bk since is this illegal plz help

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
kod2010 said:
Hi i now someone who went to canada over 3 years ago for a holiday and hasint come bk since is this illegal plz help
If s/he had changed status (from visitor to worker; visitor to student; visitor to PR) then it is not.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or if they kept extending their visit status, it would not be illegal. If they came on a 6 month visit status and just continued to stay in Canada after it expired without extending or applying for anything else, they are living in Canada illegally and can get deported if they are caught.

Deadmau5

Feb 26, 2010
I have called to report an illegal immigrant but I have seen no results, he works in my building and I called two weeks ago. WTF ???
I have all his information and I don't know what it takes to get him out.

May 13, 2010
hi wer can i report illegal immigrant staying in canada.. he has a student visa but he is not studying.. instead.. he is working under the table jobs.. which i think is unfair to those people who worked hard to be legal... what are the consequences he will have to face? he's staying in canada for a year and a couple of months now, he has student visa but not studying... is he illegal immigrant already? thanks!

May 13, 2010
hi can anybody help me report on someone who is staying in canada with a student visa but is not studying, instead he is working.. he's been stying in canada for a year and a half now with a student visa..... but he is just working under the table job.. i find this unfair to those who really worked hard to stay legal in canada... can someone help me report it to the immgration officers who are in canada toronto ontario location.. i know their exact address.. i just dunno how to report. help!!! concerned citizen.....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to the first page of this thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/report-illegal-immigrant-t29361.0.html and you will see a phone number you can call.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
To Deadmau, Lindamarion and others

What satisfaction does it provide to you both when you report someone who is illegal who in turns gets kicked out of Canada? Does that person ever cause any harm to you personally? Do they affect your current living situation? Do you know the reasons for them being in Canada illegally? Would you be willing at anytime of your life to take up the job/s that person has worked just to make an honest dollar to survive?

Life isn't always fair to many of us in this world but sometimes we must see things, assess what we see and make rational decisions from what we see. Think about the harm you may cause to that person/family.

How would you have liked it if you were in that person's shoes and someone had done what either of you is planning?

You wouldn't have liked it, correct? It's a "dog eat dog" world we live in people but at the same time you must not be that cruel to the less unfortunate because you truly do not know their REAL situation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But you could say the same about people who are stealing from a store. They aren't hurting you personally so if you see them stealing, why should you report them? How about people who burglarize a house, as long as it isn't your house, why should you care?

People who are illegally in Canada are making a statement. They are basically saying that immigration rules do not apply to them. That maybe they are a bit better than the chumps who immigrate legally. Now, if they feel that immigration rules do not apply to them, what other rules might they feel do not apply to them? When you think about that, you can see why many people are not very excited to welcome illegal immigrants.