Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hello everyone,
After being hopelessly depressed and submitting EoR with mixed feelings, I received a very pleasant surprise in mail today. I got my remarked TRF within a week and writing score changed from 6.5 to 7.5 taking my language points from CLB 8 to CLB 10.
So, my sincere advice to everyone who is sure they did better on their exam is to take their chance with remarking.

Best of luck.
Prayers for everyone who is going through the traumatizing journey of remarking.
Congrats, did you get your money back ?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Thank you.
Yes, AEO called me to inform that my check will be ready in 6-8 days.
As per your timeline. AEO is pretty fast in declaring EOR results. I waited for mine from British Council for 7 weeks and refund form was delivered to their office last week. Still to hear from them lolz. Anyways considering the pleasant news of successful EOR, it was money well spent.

Reactions: hirasalam

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
As per your timeline. AEO is pretty fast in declaring EOR results. I waited for mine from British Council for 7 weeks and refund form was delivered to their office last week. Still to hear from them lolz. Anyways considering the pleasant news of successful EOR, it was money well spent.
Indeed.
I am surprised by how quick my EoR was completed. Totally unexpected. I couldn't be more grateful.

lucamayman

Apr 20, 2017
Got the results today.

Speaking Score Increased from 6.5 to 7.5
Writing Score Increased from 6.5 to 8.0

Scores now:

L 8
R 7.5
W 8
S 7.5

Go for it if you are sure that you did better. Check my results above!!

Congrats. It is not fair when your exam was such under graded.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Congrats. It is not fair when your exam was such under graded.
Thanks. I was cent percent sure that i didn't deserve that low score in writing. Despite my pretty bad handwriting, i managed to write sufficient quality content that could get me a 7. The original result was very heartbreaking. I have lost confidence over British Council now. Plus, their customer support sucks. I would prefer IDP over them next time if i ever had to sit IELTS (May god never makes this come true and i get my PR before that!) :D

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Got my EOR results. Tats negative.. score remains unchanged for speaking (6.5) :( need to resit on 14th October. Thanks for ur advice and updates guys. Wish others get positive results in their remarking. :)

For those who are thinking about remark... Don't see myself as an example. It varies wit individuals. Apply only if you are cent percent confident. That's my advice. Great day.!

starlet

Jul 19, 2017
Ontario
I had Ielts exam on August 19th in Brazil. I have sent my Ielts test today for a remark in writing. I need 0.5 in writing.
The office said that it will take 10 weeks.
L8 S8.5 R7 W6.5

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
Hi I also got my test scores which are as follows :

L 8.5
R 8.5
W 7.0
S 6.5

Is there any chance my marks will be able increased in writing? I appeared thru BC.
BTW which NOC Code are you applying to as I am from same pro background (CA)

Yuvraj Singh

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2018
I
Got my EOR results. Tats negative.. score remains unchanged for speaking (6.5) :( need to resit on 14th October. Thanks for ur advice and updates guys. Wish others get positive results in their remarking. :)

For those who are thinking about remark... Don't see myself as an example. It varies wit individuals. Apply only if you are cent percent confident. That's my advice. Great day.!
Am also applying for reval and giving next exam on 14 Oct... Let's c

Reactions: Sudhar25

kzam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Got the results today.

Speaking Score Increased from 6.5 to 7.5
Writing Score Increased from 6.5 to 8.0

Scores now:

L 8
R 7.5
W 8
S 7.5

Go for it if you are sure that you did better. Check my results above!!

Rehan would you care to share that how you increased your score in writing? Did you take any classes, if yes please tell me the details.

Thanks in advance.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Rehan would you care to share that how you increased your score in writing? Did you take any classes, if yes please tell me the details.

Thanks in advance.
I didn't take any classes. Prepared all on my own. My only source of preparation was ieltsliz.com and couple of practice tests from IELTS Cambridge books.

As far as increase in score is concerned, i applied for remarking of my writing and speaking modules against my original result (6.5 bands each). The increase in score is a result of EOR. I only attempted the test once.

Reactions: kzam

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
I didn't take any classes. Prepared all on my own. My only source of preparation was ieltsliz.com and couple of practice tests from IELTS Cambridge books.

As far as increase in score is concerned, i applied for remarking of my writing and speaking modules against my original result (6.5 bands each). The increase in score is a result of EOR. I only attempted the test once.

Got my reval score and nothing changed, it was IDP, i am retaking test on 14th and now its BC.

Sep 12, 2017
Dear All,

Regarding EOR / remarking, I am facing huge delays to receive the result. Just wondering if anyone also facing the same issue.

I appeared for IELTS in Bahrain on 13th May 2017 & applied for remarking only in writing module, I was told to wait for 6-8 weeks to get the result, now from 27th May 2017 till now it’s been 14 weeks plus ( almost 3 & half month ) but till now my result is not ready. Almost every day I am calling British Council Bahrain & they are unable to give me even estimated time to receive my result. Frustration level is getting increased day by day, if I look at my personal schedule I am unable to re-sit for exams.

Please share your experience if anyone faced the same & if the excuse of system down is logical by British Council.

Hisham0101

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Dear All,

Regarding EOR / remarking, I am facing huge delays to receive the result. Just wondering if anyone also facing the same issue.

I appeared for IELTS in Bahrain on 13th May 2017 & applied for remarking only in writing module, I was told to wait for 6-8 weeks to get the result, now from 27th May 2017 till now it’s been 14 weeks plus ( almost 3 & half month ) but till now my result is not ready. Almost every day I am calling British Council Bahrain & they are unable to give me even estimated time to receive my result. Frustration level is getting increased day by day, if I look at my personal schedule I am unable to re-sit for exams.

Please share your experience if anyone faced the same & if the excuse of system down is logical by British Council.
Yes , same thing for me also
I applied from Saudi Arabia , Riyadh on 8th June and till now i did not get any result and BC are saying that the delay is from Cambridge due to administrative process !!