NOC Code......
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
21-Feb-2018
izabelle07 said:
Migrating to a foreign country is not easy as it may looks...

All of us here felt the anticipation of being recognized at the first stage...anxious for the acknowledgment of our documents...worried in our medical results...excited in passing our passports...and dreaming of landing soon to our most awaited destination...CANADA

I would like to share my opinion...in this write-up you'll see much of the details taken from every different sites...credits to them as well

[size=10pt]1. What is the difference between Regulated and Non-regulated Professions?[/size]

A. Many professions set their own standards of practice. These are called regulated occupations.

In Canada, about 20 percent of jobs are in occupations regulated by the provincial or territorial governments. Through legislation and regulations, the provinces and territories give to professions the authority to self-regulate in order to protect public health and safety, and to ensure that professionals meet the required standards of practice and competence.

If you want to work in a regulated occupation and use a regulated title, you must have a licence or a certificate or be registered with the regulatory body for your occupation in the province or territory where you plan to work.

Some fields where regulated occupations are commonly found include:

* health care
* financial services
* law and legal services
* engineering

Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.

[size=10pt]Full List of Regulated Occupations:[/size]

# Accountant, certified general
# Accountant, certified management
# Accountant, chartered
# Agrologist
# Agrologist, technical
# Architect
# Audiologist and speech-language pathologist
# Chiropractor
# Dental hygienist
# Dentist
# Denturist
# Dietitian
# Engineer
# Engineering and Applied Science Technician, Technologist
# Geoscientist
# Land surveyor
# Lawyer
# Medical laboratory technologist
# Midwife
# Naturopath
# Nurse, licensed practical
# Nurse, registered
# Nurse, registered psychiatric
# Occupational therapist
# Optician
# Optometrist
# Pharmacist
# Physician
# Physiotherapist
# Podiatrist
# Psychologist
# Respiratory therapist
# School clinician
# Social worker
# Teacher
# Veterinarian

Link: http://www.credentials.gc.ca/individuals/credential.asp

B. A job in a non-regulated occupation is one for which you don’t need a licence, certificate or registration to work. Most jobs in Canada are in non-regulated occupations.

Requirements for employment can vary greatly between employers, but you must be prepared to demonstrate that you have the education or experience to do the job.

You may be expected to demonstrate a certain level of skill and competence, to have a specific amount of education, and even to have personal characteristics suitable for the job. For example, working in the field of marketing is not regulated, but it is likely that employers will expect you to have a degree or a certificate in business with some specialization or experience in marketing.

It is up to the employer to decide whether the qualifications you have earned outside Canada are equivalent to Canadian qualifications required for the job.

Some employers will require that job applicants be registered or certified by the relevant professional association. Credential assessment and recognition helps Canadian employers understand your qualifications.

2. What to do if you are under Regulated Occupations?

A. It is important to understand how your profession will evaluate your academic training, your work experience, and your skills and competencies. Most often, this evaluation will include:

* matching your training and skills to the profession’s standards by comparing your original academic transcripts and other related documents, such as university course descriptions, to the training provided by Canadian colleges and universities.
* having you write examinations or go through an interview or both. You will be evaluated as an individual, and you should not compare your experience directly to that of someone else’s. You must understand the requirements as they apply to your own situation in the province or territory where you intend to work.

[size=10pt]Steps to follow:[/size]

* Use the Working in Canada Tool to create a report that will tell you whether your job is in a regulated occupation and help you find the correct regulatory body or apprenticeship authority.
* Compare your qualifications to the requirements for licensing, certification or registration to work in that job in that province or territory, which can be found by using the Working in Canada Tool.
* Contact the regulatory body for your profession in your province or territory or visit its website to determine what you need to do to obtain a licence or authorization. You will have to demonstrate that your training, experience and other skills are equivalent to the standards that people trained in Canada must also meet.
* Have an assessment done to determine the Canadian equivalent of the education you obtained outside Canada. This is necessary because your academic credentials may not be automatically recognized as equivalent to Canadian standards. In many cases, you will have to use an assessment agency to do this.
* Note that in many cases, you can have your academic credentials assessed and begin applying for a licence or certificate before you leave your home country. If you plan to work in a regulated occupation, the regulatory body or apprenticeship authority can advise you on the steps you can take before arriving in Canada.

Note: The recognition process is different in each province or territory and for each profession or trade. If you need to have your credentials assessed for educational purposes, contact the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials. It assists individuals, employers, professionals and organizations with foreign credential recognition and the assessment of diplomas and qualifications in Canada.

[size=10pt]Example: Registered Nurse (NOC 3152) Immigrating to Manitoba...From Processing to Forms and Fees...Just click the link below...[/size]

Link: http://crnm.mb.ca/applicants-international-process.php

3. Benefits of accomplishing the above mentioned?

There are many documents related to your education and your experience that help regulatory bodies, assessment agencies or employers understand your international qualifications. The types of documents that are required vary, and could include:

* degrees, diplomas or certificates from universities, colleges, secondary schools or trade schools
* program descriptions related to your studies
* transcripts of grades
* apprenticeship certificates
* letters from employers
* performance reviews
* work descriptions for jobs you have done
* letters of reference

Where possible, it is best to have documents sent directly from schools or other organizations to Canada. The regulator may also require this. Check with the regulatory body, employer, credential assessment agency or educational institution to find out what its requirements are. This is something you can do [size=10pt]before you leave for Canada.[/size]

[size=10pt]4. In my point of view...in doing so...[/size]

To be able to work efficiently at a later date, you must prepare your self first and all the things to be done in your country...It will be easier for you and your family to adjust in Canada...

[size=10pt]GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US AND GOD BLESS...[/size]

Oct 25, 2016
Hello! I'm an exporter of software and hardware. Can you pleade tell me, do i need licence for two activities:
1) setting software programs
2)installing computer equipment with the help of USB?
Thanks.

dicksonjoe

Oct 7, 2016
You guys heard of Acces employment?
I went there for employment services and they have a new bridging program for about 25 health professions. I saw the flyer and I thought it would be useful to share it with you guys

http://accesemployment.ca/

They helped me look for jobs, taught me how to write a resume and also one on one interview question practices. They have just opened a new location at north york location. Hope this helps you guys.

dsr

Jul 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
Thanks for sharing ... great info even though my occ is un-regulated! +1 from me!
Hi,
My NOC is 2172 (database analyst). I hope this is not a regulated one. But i have done my B.E. in Electrical engineering (got accessed by ECA as equivalent to bachelors degree). How difficult is to get a job in Canada? I have over 10 years of IT experience. Thanks!

Got my PR last week :D

Grinch

Sep 30, 2019
Hello Guys

I got NOI form Alberta, but my NOC is regulated. any help on that? What should I do? do i need provide APEGA?
Please share if you have any info

Moyo4

Mar 8, 2023
Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,

Please I will like to find out about the regulated occupation in Manitoba. I have read in this forum that an applicant needs to visit and register in his/her regulated occupation's website, but my uncle keeps telling me that having registered with Manitoba's regulated occupation, that I will still need to register with the regulatory body in my country first in order to complete the process.

He told me that this is one of their requirements to register in Manitoba's professional body, and would be investigated before accepting you in their membership in Manitoba.

Please can you guide me with a clear explanation regarding this? How true is this?

Thank you in anticipation for your advice and help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Sirs/Ma'ams,

Please I will like to find out about the regulated occupation in Manitoba. I have read in this forum that an applicant needs to visit and register in his/her regulated occupation's website, but my uncle keeps telling me that having registered with Manitoba's regulated occupation, that I will still need to register with the regulatory body in my country first in order to complete the process.

He told me that this is one of their requirements to register in Manitoba's professional body, and would be investigated before accepting you in their membership in Manitoba.

Please can you guide me with a clear explanation regarding this? How true is this?

Thank you in anticipation for your advice and help.
I had posted the regulated professions. Is your profession on the list? If not then you do not need to register or become licensed.