+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

Jul 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for this great forum. I have a relevant case and I really will appreciate your advices.

I am a protected person and my PR application is still in process. I have a valid Canadian Travel Document (RTD). My wife and daughter are in Jordan and it has been more than two years away from them. I found out that I need a visa to visit Jordan and I will apply to get the visa. But my question is about returning to Canada. I am worried that the airlines at Jordan Airport will not allow me to board the flight to Canada because I do not have a PR card or if I arrive to Montreal airport the officer will prevent me from entering Canada.
I called Royal Jordanian airlines to ask them if they recognize the Canadian Travel Document and asked if I might face troubles when returning to Canada, they first asked for my PR card and when I told them I am not PR they advised me to check with Immigrations.
I called immigrations and spoke to an officer who told me that there is nothing that guarantees my return to Canada and it is risky to travel before obtaining my PR card. He cannot guarantee that the Airlines will accept the travel document. He also told me if you return to Montreal Airport, an officer will interview me and he will decide if I can enter Canada or not.

I am really confused what to do. On one side I need to see my wife and daughter just for a few weeks and on the other side I am afraid to be prevented from returning or entering to Canada. Please advise me.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you from Jordan? Is Jordan your country of persecution?

Kikunimtl

Sep 6, 2017
** repost , up , up ***

Hello everybody,

(First of all, I want to apologize in advance for the English level of my message: I google translator, because i'm freench speaker ).

I have some questions about traveling in the Schengen area with a blue Canadian travel document + Permanent Resident Card:

- With regard to travel to Germany (which is without a visa): The stamp affixed to the travel document is simply a stamp with the entry date, or a visa?
- The stamp / visa is given easily, or is an inquiry made at the customs of the airport? (Reason for visit, amount of funds available, hotel reservation, and booking of return air ticket, etc ...?) ... Feedback, pleaaaaase!
- Can one legally visit the other countries of the Schengen area, for example France or Belgium, by land, (by bus, or train, for example?), Or is it necessary to have a Schengen visa ... What do you think about ?
- If a schengen visa is absolutely necessary , which consulate in Montreal would you advise me to apply to apply for a Schengen visa?

Thanks , all , in advance!

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017

I get
Page not found

The requested page could not be found.

Behraad

Dec 13, 2016
Hello everyone,
first of all I want to thank rainbowbee for creating this topic, it has a lot of useful information for new comers to Canada.
I have a question if you can help me with it, I became PR about 3 months ago and got my PR card too, now I wanna apply for RTD, I am filling PPTC190 there is a question (Have you, since your date of entry to Canada, applied for a passport or travel document (or renewal of such a document) from your country of origin or citizenship, Provide a detailed explanation of your reasons for not applying.) what am I suppose to write here?
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,
first of all I want to thank rainbowbee for creating this topic, it has a lot of useful information for new comers to Canada.
I have a question if you can help me with it, I became PR about 3 months ago and got my PR card too, now I wanna apply for RTD, I am filling PPTC190 there is a question (Have you, since your date of entry to Canada, applied for a passport or travel document (or renewal of such a document) from your country of origin or citizenship, Provide a detailed explanation of your reasons for not applying.) what am I suppose to write here?
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
1. That you have been found to be a refugee by Canada, and don't want to avail yourself of the protection of your country of origin by obtaining a passport from that country.

Anas1990

Oct 4, 2017
What is the tourist visa requirements to visit Jordan as a refugee travel document holder and have the PR
Thank you guys
Your comments were awesome and full of benefits
Appreciate your help

Iuliia_Canada

Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys!
I read this post carefully and thank you for all this info.
Please advise me.
I just got a PR and I got back a valid foreign passport after the interview (I am a protected refugee). I am not going to travel or renew my home country’s passport. But I need to create a power of attorney for my father to close a bank account.

Is it a risk to go to my home country's embassy and create a power of attorney? A lot of my friends did that but I am afraid to put myself at risk. Please share your experience

Noora8988

May 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for this great forum. I have a relevant case and I really will appreciate your advices.

I am a protected person and my PR application is still in process. I have a valid Canadian Travel Document (RTD). My wife and daughter are in Jordan and it has been more than two years away from them. I found out that I need a visa to visit Jordan and I will apply to get the visa. But my question is about returning to Canada. I am worried that the airlines at Jordan Airport will not allow me to board the flight to Canada because I do not have a PR card or if I arrive to Montreal airport the officer will prevent me from entering Canada.
I called Royal Jordanian airlines to ask them if they recognize the Canadian Travel Document and asked if I might face troubles when returning to Canada, they first asked for my PR card and when I told them I am not PR they advised me to check with Immigrations.
I called immigrations and spoke to an officer who told me that there is nothing that guarantees my return to Canada and it is risky to travel before obtaining my PR card. He cannot guarantee that the Airlines will accept the travel document. He also told me if you return to Montreal Airport, an officer will interview me and he will decide if I can enter Canada or not.

I am really confused what to do. On one side I need to see my wife and daughter just for a few weeks and on the other side I am afraid to be prevented from returning or entering to Canada. Please advise me.
Thank you.
Hi

I have RTD and I went to Jordan on July and August 2017. ( iam not a Jordanian citizen)

first step I called the CIC and they told me the same about no guarantee of return to Canada. but I have nothing to afraid from. so i then called the embassy of Jordan. she told me they accept the RTD. I opened their website and fill-out the forms and sent to Embassy of Jordan. I got the visa withing 10 days

I went to jordan for one full month (31 days) and when i reached Canada, they told me to go to immigration office inside the airport. i went and gave them my RTD. I waited 10 minutes then they return my RTD and told me you can go.

thats my experience

Anas1990

Oct 4, 2017
Bro can you help me out , good even first of all and am so happy for you that you met your family after long time , am almost into the same situation my family in Jordan and I've read over the consulate website of Jordanthat visa for RTD might take 3 to 4 months and they ask you for money deposit and am curious if you can help me out how to get visa with 10 days ,, what should I do please ? I haven't seen my wife and my two daughters for the last 3 years and a half and my pr is still in process