+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received 'Ready for Visa' email. What an odd process

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
So I received this email which I guess is basically confirmation I have PR. Nice. Of course it has prompted some more questions about the process though...

1. I have to mail them a photocopy of my passport and 2 photos. Despite the entire application being online I now have to physically post stuff I could easily, quickly and cheaply submit electronically.

2. I literally just did provide them photos and passport scans. It is part of the PR application. Why am I being asked to submit the same things again?

3. This was the icing on the cake.... they want a stamped envelope! After giving them thousands of dollars already they want me to pay for them to post me my COPR! The government owns Canada Post!

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
So I received this email which I guess is basically confirmation I have PR. Nice. Of course it has prompted some more questions about the process though...

1. I have to mail them a photocopy of my passport and 2 photos. Despite the entire application being online I now have to physically post stuff I could easily, quickly and cheaply submit electronically.

2. I literally just did provide them photos and passport scans. It is part of the PR application. Why am I being asked to submit the same things again?

3. This was the icing on the cake.... they want a stamped envelope! After giving them thousands of dollars already they want me to pay for them to post me my COPR! The government owns Canada Post!
This process is not just to send you CoPR but to prepare PR card. That is why it is called Ready for Visa.
PR is your status and PR Card is a visa to allow you to take flight and other transit to enter Canada.
You may see that they do not receive documents electronically when you extend your PR Card.

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
This process is not just to send you CoPR but to prepare PR card.
Do you know what this might involve? I find it even more surprising how many people are left waiting many, many months for their PR card after activating at the border if these cards are supposedly being prepared even before activation

You may see that they do not receive documents electronically when you extend your PR Card.
Why not? Why have they chosen a less convenient, slower and more expensive method?

pak25300

Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
13-10-2017
Do you know what this might involve? I find it even more surprising how many people are left waiting many, many months for their PR card after activating at the border if these cards are supposedly being prepared even before activation

Why not? Why have they chosen a less convenient, slower and more expensive method?
Oh boy, chill and take it. I have lived in Canada over 10 years and it is much faster in nowadays.
Have you not tried to apply anything in Canada yet? That is not the only thing. Everything is slow in Canada.
I had to wait over three months after applying medical service plan, and I had to wait for years for ICBC.

You will experience plenty of inefficient processes for long time in Canada.

One more thing, even Amazon.ca is slower than Amazon.com.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

Canada Rules
just follow the rules in Canada

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Strange attitude IMO, but definitely the prevalent one here!

Who suggested not following the rules?
you wrote: "After giving them thousands of dollars already they want me to pay for them to post me my COPR! The government owns Canada Post!"

Carly44

May 28, 2017

WOW!!! How unlucky, getting PPR & having to post you passport with a return envelope... ppl are having their hearts broken due to visa cancellations and you're upset about this?!?! All the best to you

JimLarkin

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
WOW!!! How unlucky, getting PPR & having to post you passport with a return envelope... ppl are having their hearts broken due to visa cancellations and you're upset about this?!?! All the best to you
I don't have to post my passport. Please read posts carefully and make sure you fully understand them before attempting sarcastic responses.

Reactions: newbutterfly

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Golden E-mail,,,,
I was glad to pay and more to receive my Canada's Permanent Residency,,,
those kind of people should not have had to get it
then, in the future they are crying to recover it because they don't follow the rules, RO

Carly44

May 28, 2017
Golden E-mail,,,,
I was glad to pay and more to receive my Canada's Permanent Residency,,,
those kind of people should not have had to get it
then, in the future they are crying to recover it because they don't follow the rules, RO
Congrats !!!!!!! So happy for you... im waiting patiently :)
Whats your timeline??