+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received POE after applying for IEC, can I enter via land border?

adam2893

Jul 28, 2017
I am from Australia and was wanting to go to America first for a bit of a holiday before heading to Canada to live and work. Am I able to road trip to Canada and enter at a land border or do I have to catch a plane to enter and active my IEC and receive the work permit?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You can activate at any border there is no requirement to activate specifically at an airport. Same conditions apply , insurance for full term and proof of funds, 2500 cdn.

Be aware that at some land borders , specifically US/Ontario not sure about others, CBSA have had some restrictions in place at weekends during the summer where they have restricted the number of visa/permit applications they will issue due to traffic volumes crossing the border. Just something to be aware of and may not be any issue at all.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

You can activate at any border there is no requirement to activate specifically at an airport. Same conditions apply , insurance for full term and proof of funds, 2500 cdn.

Be aware that at some land borders , specifically US/Ontario not sure about others, CBSA have had some restrictions in place at weekends during the summer where they have restricted the number of visa/permit applications they will issue due to traffic volumes crossing the border. Just something to be aware of and may not be any issue at all.
1. Note the restriction is for persons in Canada "flagpoling" to activate there PR COPR.