+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PGWP but can't apply for TRV!?

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi,

So I received my PGWP and want to immediately apply for TRV to come in and out of the country.

The trouble seems to be the Passport's Issuance Country in the questionnaire.

If I select the Passport of Issuance to be my country I would be eligible.

But if I select the passport country of issuance to be Canada, which it is(i had to renew my passport at my embassy), I would not be eligible.

It's definitely a weird problem, but I did that questionnaire multiple times already, same answers other than the Passport's issuance country, same results.

Please advise.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Reactions: s3nr1

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Oh, phew then, because all this time(after I renewed my passport), the country of issuance has always been Canada. For my Student Visa extension and PGWP. And I got them!

On a second look, YES, it's the 3 letter code not "XXXX OTTAWA" as stated prominently on my passport. Thank you!
Select the country code that matches the one on your passport.

Find this three letter code on your passport information page - see the field named "Code", "Issuing country", or "Authority".
But that's a messed up way to confuse people though, why even have that question, or even "Canada" as the answer.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Oh, phew then, because all this time(after I renewed my passport), the country of issuance has always been Canada. For my Student Visa extension and PGWP. And I got them!

On a second look, YES, it's the 3 letter code not "XXXX OTTAWA" as stated prominently on my passport. Thank you!
Select the country code that matches the one on your passport.

Find this three letter code on your passport information page - see the field named "Code", "Issuing country", or "Authority".
But that's a messed up way to confuse people though, why even have that question, or even "Canada" as the answer.
I guess if government departments didn't confuse the population with vague forms and procedures a lot of them would be out of a job and not needed. Plus without the confusion this forum might not exist !