+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received ITA, need some help :)

gouyang

Apr 13, 2017
Hi all, hope you are all doing well. i recently received my ITA, and am collecting the documents now. Could you please help me clearing some confusion?

My questions are:

1. Proof of relationship - I'm single, do I need to submit this? but it says required in the brackets

2. Family Member Proof of Status(You must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.) - My parents are in back home, but i do have an aunt, uncle in law and 2 cousins in Canada, they are citizens, do I need to provide their IDs?

3. Offer of employment - I have been working for more than a year now, do i still need to upload the offer letter?

4. I found that all the documents are required, including the ones are not applicable to me.

Any help would be truly appreciated!
Guang

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
2. Family Member Proof of Status(You must provide a copy of your family member's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.) - My parents are in back home, but i do have an aunt, uncle in law and 2 cousins in Canada, they are citizens, do I need to provide their IDs?

If you claimed points for a relative in Canada (for your FSW selection factors score) then you have to prove your relationship - you only need to do this for your Aunt. You will need her proof of citizenship (scan of Canadian passport or citizenship certificate is enough), her birth certificate and the birth certificate of the parent who is her sibling. You will also need your birth certificate showing your parents' names.

3. Offer of employment - I have been working for more than a year now, do i still need to upload the offer letter?

This is concerning. Did you receive points for claiming a job offer? If you do not have written offer of FUTURE employment for at least one year after becoming a permanent resident, you should not have claimed to have a valid job offer.

A valid job offer is not simply having a job in Canada, there are specific criteria:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

If you received points, you should deduct the points you received for the job offer and see if your score is still above the threshold for your draw.

gouyang

Apr 13, 2017
Thank you for your reply, jes_ON.

I met the CEC criteria not FSW, so i dont need the points, does that mean i dont need to submit proof of employment?

I just checked again, i did choose yes for the job offer, but i didnt receive any points for the Arranged Employment. is it possible for me to change the answer now?

Thanks so much!

prkartik

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2017
LANDED..........
26-07-2017
What is your CRS.check your ITA Whether you are provided 50 points.if not remove it and add it in letter of explanation.

If you are granted 50 points and if your score goes below CRS cut off because of removal then only problem

gouyang

Apr 13, 2017
What is your CRS.check your ITA Whether you are provided 50 points.if not remove it and add it in letter of explanation.

If you are granted 50 points and if your score goes below CRS cut off because of removal then only problem
If i did get 50 points for that, it wouldve been under arranged employment? but i did not get any points for it.

tashi0001

May 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
16-02-2018
File Transfer...
03-07-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-07-2018
If i did get 50 points for that, it wouldve been under arranged employment? but i did not get any points for it.
Hi Gouyang,
As per your information, i guess you made mistake while generating document list for PR. This mistake must have happened when u were creating PR document list after u received ur Invitation. I think u have selected Yes, for the question. Do you have a arranged job.

This makes the system think you have a arranged job and create document list that ask you to upload document for arranged job.

The fix is simple, just say No arranged job and recreate your list.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for your reply, jes_ON.

I met the CEC criteria not FSW, so i dont need the points, does that mean i dont need to submit proof of employment?

Um - it was the proof of a relative in Canada that applies to FSW points (not job offer).

I just checked again, i did choose yes for the job offer, but i didnt receive any points for the Arranged Employment. is it possible for me to change the answer now?

You can either change it or upload a brief LOE that you realize now that you do not meed the criteria for arranged employment.