+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Fairness Letter......Seeking guidance for reply

ASHMAJ

Dec 31, 2016
russellx said:
What medication(s) are they on? It all depends on that. And their intended destination(Province).

Russ
one of my brother is taking Entecavir and other one is taking Tenofovir. and they will be coming Alberta.

ASHMAJ

Dec 31, 2016
russellx said:
What medication(s) are they on? It all depends on that. And their intended destination(Province).

Russ
I sponsord my my family my parents and two brother back in 2010. I was searching and some are saying under Family category medical inamissibility under excess demand is waived?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ASHMAJ said:
I sponsord my my family my parents and two brother back in 2010. I was searching and some are saying under Family category medical inamissibility under excess demand is waived?
No - it's not waived in your case. It's only waived for spousal sponsorship. Medical inadmissibility applies for parent (and their dependents) sponsorship.

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
Hi Folks,

I have a question for people who have received fairness letter.
I am a 2010 applicant for PGP sponsorship
My file was approved and sent to LVO on sep 23rd,2016.
Request for Medicals and PCC,Passport pic and RPRF was received on Nov 8th.
PCC,Passport pics,RPRF all of this was completed, sent to LVO and was received by London Visa office on Dec 18 (as per fedex tracking).
First medicals were completed on Dec 8, Medical furtherance for my parents as they both have Hepatitis received on Dec 18 with a referral to a gasterologist. His comments and additional medical tests were uploaded on Jan 12 and right next say ECAS showed that msg (Strangely fast)

Current my ECAS shows "Medicals have been received". Since Jan 12.

I was told that if you are to get a fairness letter it will come before this entry is made in the ECAS. And I should interpret this line as Medicals passed?
Unfortunately I cant connect my application to my CIC after a million tries that's why I cant see the notes pertaining to the medicals.
Most people have said this ECAS msg mean pass. But is there any one who received a fairness letter after this line appeared on ECAS regarding medicals.
To put my curiosity at rest I have already ordered GCMS which will take 30 days.
Gasterologist gave clean chit to my parents and said both my parents are in perfect health with no affect on liver and no treatment required. Mother was already on treatment and cured this week for HepC as her treatment is completed.
Father has hep b but viral load next to none and non contagious (HbeAg Negative, Anti HbeAg Positive).

Appreciate if some one can relate to this experience. whether this ECAS msg regarding medicals means PASS?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
quresa1 said:
Current my ECAS shows "Medicals have been received". Since Jan 12.

Appreciate if some one can relate to this experience. whether this ECAS msg regarding medicals means PASS?
Hi

It means exactly what it says: the medical results have been received. This does not mean the medical has been passed.

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
That's what I thought.
Was hoping against it though.

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,
Ali

canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

It means exactly what it says: the medical results have been received. This does not mean the medical has been passed.

lulud

Nov 29, 2016
Yes she did. We got a furtherance letter asking her to see a pneumologist. She has a hernia that is pushing on her lungs making it more difficult to breathe at times, however she is fully self sufficient and capable. The pneumologist was not concerned and indicated that she does not need any treatment.

I'm worried about her blood pressure, the medical doctor wrote that she has heart disease level 2 well controlled with medication. I'm trying to stay positive. She's 84, but honestly for someone her age she is in great health, sharp minded, and very self reliant. I'm thankful that nothing major is wrong with her, however this being our first experience with CIC, I really hope that them asking for furtherance means that she might be rejected.

We just wait now, patiently :)) *or not so patiently*...

ottawat said:
Lulud,
did your grandmother do the medicals in buchrest

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hi guys,

Does procedural fairness letter come before medical ECAS status changes to "in progress"/"medical result received" or after?

Cheers.

rasan0201

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
manitoba canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
30/05/2015
AOR Received.
26/08/2015
Med's Request
10/09/2015 Reminder email on 14/09/2015/ request medical again on 27/02/2017
Med's Done....
18/09/2015 Meds update ecas 22/10/2015. Meds update again on 07/03/2017
Passport Req..
Decision made on 18/04/2017
Hi guys just need your help and ur kind opinions,
I done my medicals last year i was passed and now they expired recently.And they requested to do a another medical few days back and i did the medical today and doctor asked me whether
I am taking prescription drugs so i told the truth that i am
Currently i having reactive arthritis and i am taking humira and prednisone,

Will that be a medical refusal or will they passed my medical ?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Good luck to all of those facing this issue.
Quick question, among the supporting documents when someone responds to a fairness letter, like bank statements and plan etc, do they take into consideration a letter from a family relative who is a canadian citizen, very wealthy as he is a senior consultant in chest medicine and a manager of a big hospital in canada with clean record, stating that he is offering his support to cover any extra costs?
This issue is still confusing.
Initially I thought they ask for proof that you can cover expenses for 1 year. But then realised that they actually multiply it by 5 or 10 years.
In my case, my dependent child lives with my ex in the UK. He will be put as non accompanying. As a doctor, I do know that he has mild speech delay with no other issues. Now for sure he will still have to sit medicals and pass them, or if they notice his speech delay they might send a fairness letter.
Its a bit unfair considering that his issue is temporary.
What also still confuses me, is from reading about other people's experiences, one important aspect in answering a fairness letter is having a clear plan including school bookings, purchasing private health insurance etc. Now how can I do such things and waste money when the child is not accompanying me to begin with?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dr feras said:
Quick question, among the supporting documents when someone responds to a fairness letter, like bank statements and plan etc, do they take into consideration a letter from a family relative who is a canadian citizen, very wealthy as he is a senior consultant in chest medicine and a manager of a big hospital in canada with clean record, stating that he is offering his support to cover any extra costs?

What also still confuses me, is from reading about other people's experiences, one important aspect in answering a fairness letter is having a clear plan including school bookings, purchasing private health insurance etc. Now how can I do such things and waste money when the child is not accompanying me to begin with?
No, they will not accept such promises because they are in no way legally enforceable.

You would need to show what you would do if they child comes to Canada. You don't need to actually purchase anything.

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Doesnt the same thing apply to proof of funds to cover such costs? If they estimate it at say 50k, and i manage to get family help and put it in my account, since the child is not accompanying, who says ill have that kind of money when i apply to sponsor him in future? And by then, he will exempt from excessive demand

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dr feras said:
Doesnt the same thing apply to proof of funds to cover such costs? If they estimate it at say 50k, and i manage to get family help and put it in my account, since the child is not accompanying, who says ill have that kind of money when i apply to sponsor him in future? And by then, he will exempt from excessive demand
Yes, the same thing can apply, hence why it is so very difficult to fight a medical inadmissibility ruling. It isn't about showing you have money. It's about showing how IRCC overestimated the medical costs or how the costs will be defrayed by aid organizations instead of the Canadian healthcare system.

If he passes the medical, there is no issue and a future sponsorship app would be no issue.

If he is declared medically inadmissible and you are unable to appeal it, you would need to choose whether to continue with your immigration plans or not. If you decide to continue with your application, you would need to exclude your child, which means that you would never be able to sponsor the child in future.

serenity_eee

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi

I would like to know for someone who has got PR (FSW14) and wants to go to Quebec after landing in Toronto. Consider she has got SIN using a non-Quebec address. Now if she moves to Montreal, should she expect any difficulties like Health Care facilities, Employment benefits, education in future for children (born in non-Quebec). It is understandable that first year she cannot claim any benefits. But how about the bursaries (living expense) that people enjoy while they are in full time education in Montreal? If she stays there for one year, can she claim social benefits for employment and children? Will there be any problem later in future when she will apply for citizenship?

preethy jomon

Nov 20, 2015
KERALA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Med's Request
03-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Received fairness letter from CIC and to reply within 60 days
My child need speech therapy for one year,the cost for it to be spend by myself.So i have to show my bank account statement.How can i find out the cost of speech therapy for one year in Canada,anybody please sent the link to find it.