+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re-entry visa

veronanza

Feb 23, 2011
Good afternoon,

I am a live-in caregiver, I'm planning to go back to Philippines this coming April 16 for 2 weeks vacation. do I need to apply for a re-entry visa? I have a multiple entry visa and it will expires on December 21, 2011.This is my first time to go back home for vacation. looking forward for your reply....Thank you....

paul4u719

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo to detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 mar 2010
Nomination.....
25 feb 2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
17 nov 2010
Med's Request
13 july 2010
Med's Done....
15 july 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 jan 2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
if u have a multiple visa and wok permit valid up to 21 dec 2011 then u can go any where ,,,no problem at all
no need to apply re entry visa

veronanza

Feb 23, 2011
I have change my employer and I've got a new work permit. still no need to get re-entry?
Thanks for your reply......

clairelyza

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
hi we have the same query i got my new working permit and it will expire on nov 2012 but my visa has been expired sice july 2010 but it was a multiple visa do i need a re-entry if i'm going back to the php for a vacation? thanks in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If your visa is expired, you need to get a new one. You can send your app to Buffalo or Seattle.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA

REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA APPLICANTS WITH TEMPORARY STATUS IN CANADA

You must provide proof of lawful temporary status in Canada.

If you are in Canada with a study permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

* A photocopy of your current permit and
* Originals of your most recent transcript and
* Proof of current enrolment

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:

* A photocopy of your current permit and
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

clairelyza said:
hi we have the same query i got my new working permit and it will expire on nov 2012 but my visa has been expired sice july 2010 but it was a multiple visa do i need a re-entry if i'm going back to the php for a vacation? thanks in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If your WP is current and your TRV is valid and multiple entry, you don't need to apply for new visa but you need to ask for a letter from your employer stating that you are going for a vacation and is going to work for them when you return to Canada.

veronanza said:
I have change my employer and I've got a new work permit. still no need to get re-entry?
Thanks for your reply......

cc26

Jun 18, 2010
hi, what if i have a work permit that is not valid for re-entry but my visa says multiple? im planning to have my vacation after my 1 yr staying here in canada.. but i just got my new WP this january.. what do you think should i do?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need a valid work permit and multiple entry visa. So You're okay. You need some kind of a "leave of absence" letter from your employer (letter stating you're allowed to go on a vacation an will be working for them again when you come back to Canada)

cc26 said:
hi, what if i have a work permit that is not valid for re-entry but my visa says multiple? im planning to have my vacation after my 1 yr staying here in canada.. but i just got my new WP this january.. what do you think should i do?

clairelyza

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
job_seeker said:
You need a valid wortk permit and multiple entry visa. So You're okay. You need some kind of a "leave of absence" letter from your employer (letter stating you're allowed to go on a vaxcation an will be working for them again when you come back to Canada)
i just read this my working permit is valid until nov 2013 but there's a remarks of " This does not Authorize Re-entry and i'm going to apply for re-entry visa does the original passport need to be submitted too? and also what do i need single or multiple i just want a single cuz i'm not going home in 3 yrs after but no idea...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Is your visa single entry? If you're not going home in three years then you prob don't need a new visa but if in case there's an emergency then you won't be able to leave at once or if you did you'd need to apply for one at your home country. You'd have to send your original passport because that is where the visa will be pasted.

clairelyza said:
i just read this my working permit is valid until nov 2013 but there's a remarks of " This does not Authorize Re-entry and i'm going to apply for re-entry visa does the original passport need to be submitted too? and also what do i need single or multiple i just want a single cuz i'm not going home in 3 yrs after but no idea...

clairelyza

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
my visa right now was already expired and its a multiple but as i was saying it was expired so need to apply for re-entry cuz i'm having my vacation this comming july i'm almost 2 yrs here but i change my emloyer so i got a new working permit but in my permit says "does not valid for re-entry " im confuse....does supporting letter from my employer stating that they need me to come back to work after my vacation will do as re-entry? and ofcourse my valid work permit and visa.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Hi Clair...did you manage to find out if your work permit say does not allow re-entry,,,cud u still go on a holiday....

raven31

Apr 25, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work permit does not guarantee re-entry. But back in 2006, my Canadian visa with multiple entry expired and I was currently in Florida at that time - I took the flight back to Canada and did not have issues with the immigration. I think it depends on which country you're going to.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need to apply for a new TRV. You need the letter from your employer to support both your application for the visa and when you come back to Canada after your vacation.

clairelyza said:
my visa right now was already expired and its a multiple but as i was saying it was expired so need to apply for re-entry cuz i'm having my vacation this comming july i'm almost 2 yrs here but i change my emloyer so i got a new working permit but in my permit says "does not valid for re-entry " im confuse....does supporting letter from my employer stating that they need me to come back to work after my vacation will do as re-entry? and ofcourse my valid work permit and visa.

F

fujinice

hi there,

i'm just about to update my passport into my married name and i'm planning to take vacation by the end of the year. do you think they will grant me a trv if i apply one even if my work permit is still in my single name??thanks