+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017

Hi Forum Members,

I know I am a bit off topic. However, I am a newbie and solicit your assistance in clarifying dilemma pertaining to docs required w.r.t work experience-

I have been working as an Admin manager for past 6 yrs with a small time Finance company. We do not have a formal HR dept. in our company and the owner oversees such operations. He has agreed to provide the exp letter in the said format comprising of the job duties. In addition I do have the salary slips covering the span of my employment.

Issue- The salary is paid in cash instead of wire transfer / cheque. Subsequently I have not filed any ITR (salary being too low :(). Kindly let me know what docs will I need to furnish in order satisfy CIC of my employment credentials. I am quiet worried about the same.

Regards
All you need is experience letter from your employer. Don't worry about pay slips or any other documents. Here the guidelines-

The following documents are mandatoryfor each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
  • Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Forum Members,

I know I am a bit off topic. However, I am a newbie and solicit your assistance in clarifying dilemma regarding work experience-

I have been working as a Teaching/Research Assistant for 2 years ( 2015-2017) while doing my Master in the US. I am planning to apply for PR under the FSW. I wonder if I can claim points for that experience outside using NOC 4012. In other words, can claim points for both eligibility and EE once in the pool with TA/RA experience outside Canada for 2 years?

I also have one year experience in the Business Industry working as an Analyst. However, the 1 year experience is discontinued. Meaning, I work first as an analyst for a period of 7 months between May 2012 and November 20112. Later, I work as an analyst for 3 months between December 2013 and March 2014. Finally, recently as an analyst from June 2017 to September 2017. I wonder if I can claim points for analyst experience under FSW with the above. Do we need 1 year experience without interruption?

I know these are off topic and may annoyed some but I hope I can get some very useful information from this forum as I find the people here very helpful and willing to help.

Regards
Don't worry mate; no one gets annoyed here. We all are lending hands each other to reach our destination. Here the guidelines for required work experience for FSW from CIC-

Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Your work experience must be:

• in the same type of job as your primary NOC
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
You must show that you did the duties set out in the occupational description in the NOC. This includes most of the main duties listed.

If you can’t show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you aren’t eligible under this program.

Uhuumm

Jun 11, 2017
Wassup guys,,,I usually always check here for the draws/score etc This is my source of info.

However for my own knowledge, can someone pls send the link to see the CRS score/draw as I would also like to be part of the refresh hitting team.

Much thanks

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hello my friends after a long time....
Iam back from vacation and now trying to settle down and get into the daily routine.
1st of all really saddend to hear such news about iamxty, I really hope its not true and she recovers soon and join us all again with great enthusiasm as before.Really need her positivity in this forum.
Secondly, i wonder where kingkurly has disappeared?Any news about him?hope all is ok and we hear from him soon!

And finally i have a querry to ask the seniors.
We sent our documents for evaluation to WES and got done with the process on 16th of may 2017
I checked my status and it said the evaluation is completed and a copy has been sent.After a month of wait I contacted them asking about my documents.All they said that it takes time in some cases.Then, again in july I emailed them and they responded repeating the same story.Finally, before leaving for vacation I sent them email again, on my return I got to know that those documents that have been sent cannot be traced and that I can request for another copy.Now all I need to know is, that if I request for another copy CIC will accept them?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi
Can anybody tell me about Australia immigration. I thought I should plan for that to:-!
I mean could anybody list some authorised agency for the same and what are the point calculation system?
You can check your points here:
https://www.border.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx

"Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)" is Australia's equivalent to Canada's EE FSW. You can read all about it here:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-

One thing to note is you will need to get a skills assessment for your occupation before you can submit an EOI (Expression of Interest)
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/assessing-authorities

You will need to find your occupation:
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists
Skilled independent permanent visas (subclasses 189 and 489)
If you are applying for any of the below:

you will need to nominate an occupation that is included in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) in the relevant legislative instrument – see: section 7 of IMMI 17/072: Specification of Occupations and Assessing Authorities.

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850
click on 7 Medium and Long‑term Strategic Skills List
Find your occupation, and Column 3 will tell you the assessing authority.
For example, software engineer is item 116, assessing authority ACS

Then you look up that assessing authority here:
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/assessing-authorities
For example, ACS is
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
Address:
Australian Computer Society
PO Box Q534
Queen Victoria Building
Sydney NSW 1230
Australia

Email: assessment@acs.org.au

I haven't done much research on Australia, but I am not that enthusiastic and have not submitted for a skills assessment. I really want to go to Canada but might also consider Australia if I don't make some progress with Canadian immigration by the end of this year.

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Hello my friends after a long time....
Iam back from vacation and now trying to settle down and get into the daily routine.
1st of all really saddend to hear such news about iamxty, I really hope its not true and she recovers soon and join us all again with great enthusiasm as before.Really need her positivity in this forum.
Secondly, i wonder where kingkurly has disappeared?Any news about him?hope all is ok and we hear from him soon!

And finally i have a querry to ask the seniors.
We sent our documents for evaluation to WES and got done with the process on 16th of may 2017
I checked my status and it said the evaluation is completed and a copy has been sent.After a month of wait I contacted them asking about my documents.All they said that it takes time in some cases.Then, again in july I emailed them and they responded repeating the same story.Finally, before leaving for vacation I sent them email again, on my return I got to know that those documents that have been sent cannot be traced and that I can request for another copy.Now all I need to know is, that if I request for another copy CIC will accept them?
Hello.

Because regular mail is my country is really bad, what I did was fill a courier address in USA, so that they forwarded it to me.
I'm sorry that you haven't received your documents from WES, but if you ask them to send them again, I recommend doing what I did, as they send it to USA really really fast.

As for CIC, they should have electronic access to your WES file, but I think they ask you to scan the original ECA you received phisically by mail, and not the PDF from the email. But I don't remember if I'm confusing that instruction with the instructions from OINP. So please, confirm that info.

But anyway, if you do what I tell you, maybe you should receive your original ECA way before you need to scan it.
For the EE just complete the info with the form number and you'll be good to go.

Regards.