+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Add wife as dependent while "in process"

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for helping out.

I am PNP and filed PR application 2013, right now status shows "in process" (AOR; Medical received; started process on Oct. 2013). I got married recently and sent email to CIC to update my status. The instructions I recevied is as following:
"Thank you for notifying us about the change of your civil status. Please note that at this time, your spouse will be added to your Provincial Nominee Application as an Non-Accompanying Dependent. However, she will have to undergo medical examination and provide the following documents. "

Then I replied immediately to ask if I can add her as Accompanying Dependent, I got reply as:
"New regulations has been taken into effect for adding spouse as an Accompanying Dependent on to the Provincial Nominee Application. In order for your spouse to obtain permanent residence status in Canada, you may be eligible to sponsor her once you have become permanent resident or Canadian Citizen. However, at this time, she must undergo medical examination and provide the required documentations. "

Basically, it states that my wife can be added as Non-Accompanying Dependent, but not Accompanying Dependent. Does it make sense? What I should do?

What is the normally situation people have gone through? Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks...

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Hi,

Mine status is application received and added my spouse last month and I am not aware of any such regulation that u cant add ur spouse while ur file is in process. many people on the forum added their spouses while in process.

I would suggest write an email again.

Thanks

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
Thanks taurus25!

Did you add your spouse as "Accomponying Depedent"?

Reply I got states that my wife can be added as "Non-Accompanying", but not "Accomponying".

Regards

taurus25 said:
Hi,

Mine status is application received and added my spouse last month and I am not aware of any such regulation that u cant add ur spouse while ur file is in process. many people on the forum added their spouses while in process.

I would suggest write an email again.

Thanks

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
ya I added as accompanying. i will chek again n keep u posted.

yes i checked my forms again and i added as accompanying.

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
Thanks. Which form you refer to?

If the visa officer (people replied my email and gave instructiosn to do medical and passing more documents through email) ask me to add as Non-Accompanying, how can I do?

taurus25 said:
ya I added as accompanying. i will chek again n keep u posted.

yes i checked my forms again and i added as accompanying.

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
We would like to advise you that we have received your letter informing us of your recent change in marital status.

Concerning your spouse:

Please note the following conditions apply if your spouse is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada:

1. He/She must provide our office with control documents

2. He/She must undergo a medical examination. The appropriate information and forms will be sent separately.

Important:

Your spouse must undergo a medical examination regardless of whether he/she will be accompanying you to Canada.

Controlled documents required for continued processing:

· Updated IMM0008 Application for Permanent Residence in Canada to be completed by the Principal Applicant

· A completed and signed IMM5406 Additional Family Information by your spouse

· A completed and signed IMM5669 Schedule A by your spouse

· A copy of your spouse's valid passport

· A copy of your spouse's birth certificate

· An original police certificate for all countries your spouse has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years; (for more information, consult the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp)

· A copy of your marriage certificate;

· *If applicable*- A divorce certificate for your spouse, if he/she was previously married

*The electronic version of these documents are available through the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

How to add your accompanying spouse to your Permanent Resident application:

In order to add your spouse to your application for Permanent Residence, the following must be provided for this person (in addition to the control documents indicated above):

· Processing fees for your spouse if he/she will be accompanying yourself to Canada

· Four (4) recent passport-size photos. For more information, please consult the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

· A Quebec Selection Certificate for your spouse. For more information, please consult the following link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html

How to submit the requested documents:

All requested documents/information must be accompanied by the outgoing correspondence we have sent to you (i.e. this e-mail or a printed copy of this letter).

Police Certificates:

Please be advised that Police Certificates must be submitted as ORIGINAL documents, in their original PAPER format. We do not accept scanned copies. This document must be sent via postal or courier service to our office at the following address:

Attention: Officer
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

With the exception of Police Certificates, please submit the requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address:
ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

THIS WAS THE REPLY WHICH I GOT FROM THEM LAST MONTH AFTER INFORMING OF CHANGE>

gp11

Apr 2, 2013
i was in the same situation & i did inform CIC about my status. & my wife's name is in my file. I have one question if anyone knows, Right now my appliaction status is in process. I applied under SINP to sydney. Now i am in Canada & wife is in India. For stamping i need her passport as well. Can i ask CPP-ottawa to send me two email stating that i can submit my passport here in Canada & her passport in new delhi , India. Can i send them the email like this before decision made on my application or i can email it right away, so it will save my time period.
Thank you.

namneet

Apr 26, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-feb-2014
Doc's Request.
N.A
Nomination.....
12-JAN-2017
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
19-06-2017
Med's Request
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
09-09-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
Hi,

Thanks for helping out.

I am PNP and filed PR application 2013, right now status shows "in process" (AOR; Medical received; started process on Oct. 2013). I got married recently and sent email to CIC to update my status. The instructions I recevied is as following:
"Thank you for notifying us about the change of your civil status. Please note that at this time, your spouse will be added to your Provincial Nominee Application as an Non-Accompanying Dependent. However, she will have to undergo medical examination and provide the following documents. "

Then I replied immediately to ask if I can add her as Accompanying Dependent, I got reply as:
"New regulations has been taken into effect for adding spouse as an Accompanying Dependent on to the Provincial Nominee Application. In order for your spouse to obtain permanent residence status in Canada, you may be eligible to sponsor her once you have become permanent resident or Canadian Citizen. However, at this time, she must undergo medical examination and provide the required documentations. "

Basically, it states that my wife can be added as Non-Accompanying Dependent, but not Accompanying Dependent. Does it make sense? What I should do?

What is the normally situation people have gone through? Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks...

namneet

Apr 26, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-feb-2014
Doc's Request.
N.A
Nomination.....
12-JAN-2017
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
19-06-2017
Med's Request
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
09-09-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
Hii

i am in same situation my application is in process now i want to add my spuse as nonaccompying. can u suggest me which documents i nedd..or is it effect my process..m mpnp applicant ..my medical is done in sept -2107...can u give me your number for further conversation.