Question about medical care during pregnancy without healthcare

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Im currently under implied status and applied for another visitor visa incase anything goes wrong with our (inland)owp/sp.

As for those in the same situation, you know you dont qualify for healthcare yet.

So i am 30 weeks along in my pregnancy and every doctor visit i had was payed out of our own pocket. I have not had the easiest pregnancy and ended up in the hospital ER twice and you can imagine all the summed up costs. We have reached a point where we just dont have more money and i have not been seen by a doctor since week 20. I do know that i have a boy and he has an 11% of a chance to have down syndrome due to bright spots on his heart and kidney problems.

I am worried because i did not get my blood checked for anemia, rh factor, hellp, pre e,
my low thyroid function and if i still have b strep because i did in the past.

I contacted foundations, midwives, private insurance companies, groups that stand up for immigrants, maison blue in montreal, free clinics that turn out not to be free at all, and so many more people.

And they were all either full or just told me the system in canada is messed up and wished me good luck.

So my question is, is anyone aware of someone that offers free help? Also, is giving birth in aclsc expensive? thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fruityfull22 said:
As for those in the same situation, you know you dont qualify for healthcare yet.
How come? I've seen in this forum that people who were technically visitors but married and living with a local resident(PR/citizen) in Alberta can be qualified for healthcare.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
steaky said:
How come? I've seen in this forum that people who were technically visitors but married and living with a local resident(PR/citizen) in Alberta can be qualified for healthcare.
OP is in Quebec I believe. Different rules.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You should really consider returning to Holland where I assume you can get free healthcare, and if needed abandon your inland app and re-submit an outland PR app.

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
You should really consider returning to Holland where I assume you can get free healthcare, and if needed abandon your inland app and re-submit an outland PR app.
I no longer have healthcare in Holland. Would have went back if i could have. 30 weeks pregnant now.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fruityfull22 said:
Correct. I know there are people in the same situation. Hope they reply.
Then why didn't you consider moving to Alberta with your spouse? You know already that you are not eligible for healthcare in Quebec from the first day you realized you got pregnant.