+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding work experience

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,

I have a doubt regarding my work experience duration calculation. I have total work experience of more than 4 years in the skilled jobs but in different job profiles, 2.7 years in Information Technology industry and 1.5 in a managerial role in the Insurance industry. Should I enter my work experience as 2.7 or 2 years only, as I have higher experience and will gain higher points for my IT job. Or I can enter total 4 years?

I have this doubt because someone said that the work experience in only one job profile is considered and there is no similarity between the two job roles that I have assumed till date.

Thanks and Regards.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Tarun,

I also have the same doubt, as i also have experience in two seperate NOCs. Can anybody clarify us?
Hi,

I have a doubt regarding my work experience duration calculation. I have total work experience of more than 4 years in the skilled jobs but in different job profiles, 2.7 years in Information Technology industry and 1.5 in a managerial role in the Insurance industry. Should I enter my work experience as 2.7 or 2 years only, as I have higher experience and will gain higher points for my IT job. Or I can enter total 4 years?

I have this doubt because someone said that the work experience in only one job profile is considered and there is no similarity between the two job roles that I have assumed till date.

Thanks and Regards.
You can have multiple NOCs (people often change careers or get promoted to managerial positions etc...) As long as you have at least 1 year of continuous work experience (for example if you have 1 month in NOC #1 , 2 months in NOC #2, 5 months in NOC#3 it won't work)

Reactions: Harsimrat117

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Yes, EE...I am eligible for FSW, i am getting 68/100 points.. I want to claim maximum points in CRS calculator for EE,So i am confirming.. Thanks
That's fine.. Cic will calculate your total wexp even if they are two diff job profiles as long as they are in noc 0, A , B.

while filling up the work section in EE..put both jobs in two lines with their respective dates.. cic will consider both of them while calculating CRS

Which noc are u applying to? Remember you need to choose either one as your primary noc.. it won't make any impact on your CRS ..but its for cic to sort of maintain database of professions etc

Harsimrat117

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
That's fine.. Cic will calculate your total wexp even if they are two diff job profiles as long as they are in noc 0, A , B.

while filling up the work section in EE..put both jobs in two lines with their respective dates.. cic will consider both of them while calculating CRS

Which noc are u applying to? Remember you need to choose either one as your primary noc.. it won't make any impact on your CRS ..but its for cic to sort of maintain database of professions etc
Hi,
I have primary NOC -2173(Skill A) -2.8 years experience and secondary NOC -2282(Skill B)..i have applied in NOC -2173...
I hope my EE will give points for 3 years..
Because i dont know why many people have advised me to have only ONE NOC for 3 years....
But what you guys are saying in this forum makes much more sense to me and i am thinking of applying in the coming week..

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,
I have primary NOC -2173(Skill A) -2.8 years experience and secondary NOC -2282(Skill B)..i have applied in NOC -2173...
Because i dont know why many people have advised me to have only ONE NOC for 3 years....
But what you guys are saying in this forum makes much more sense to me and i am thinking of applying in the coming week..
The one NOC rule is for the minimum of 1 continuous year requirements.
for example if you have 1 month in NOC #1 , 2 months in NOC #2, 5 months in NOC#3 it won't work)

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,
When people refer to one Noc they mean the noch 0 A B.. both of your fall under noc 0 so you should be ok. Anyways you have few months to finish 3 yrs in 2173. For some reason if the system doesn't accept experience for 2282, once you finish 3 yrs in 2173 .. your scores will be automatically recalculated. So no need to stress. All the best

Harsimrat117

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
The one NOC rule is for the minimum of 1 continuous year requirements.
When people refer to one Noc they mean the noch 0 A B.. both of your fall under noc 0 so you should be ok. Anyways you have few months to finish 3 yrs in 2173. For some reason if the system doesn't accept experience for 2282, once you finish 3 yrs in 2173 .. your scores will be automatically recalculated. So no need to stress. All the best
Thanks, yes my EE profile is giving me points for 3 years even after making entries for 2 NOCs.So i guess what you are saying is absolutely correct.