+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding first name/last name in WES ECS report

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hi All,

I am holding an Indian passport and I'm not having any Surname on my passport. So, while creating an Express Entry profile, I have entered all of my name in the surname field and mentioned "Not Applicable" in the given name field. (This has been done based on the CIC website link).

E.g. If the name is "Rajbir Singh", surname in the express entry profile is "Rajbir Singh" and the given name is "Not Applicable"

However, while filing for ECS report, I was not aware of this naming convention, so my report has the following names

Surname/Last Name : Singh
First Name : Rajbir

Will it create any problem in the process? How can I get my ECS report corrected with the changes in the name.

Thanks in advance

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
india_user25 said:
Hi All,

I am holding an Indian passport and I'm not having any Surname on my passport. So, while creating an Express Entry profile, I have entered all of my name in the surname field and mentioned "Not Applicable" in the given name field. (This has been done based on the CIC website link).

E.g. If the name is "Rajbir Singh", surname in the express entry profile is "Rajbir Singh" and the given name is "Not Applicable"

However, while filing for ECS report, I was not aware of this naming convention, so my report has the following names

Surname/Last Name : Singh
First Name : Rajbir

Will it create any problem in the process? How can I get my ECS report corrected with the changes in the name.

Thanks in advance
Seems like a non-issue. Since your name on the ECA, CIC and passport are matching just their placement is slightly different. From which organization did you get your ECA report done? You can try sending them a mail or calling them to discuss this issue. in case it is a mistake on their part they do make changes but it varies from case to case.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
india_user25 said:
I got my ECS done from WES
WES routinely issues the ECA report with the same name as on the educational credentials. If they differ from your passport (surprisingly more common than you would imagine) use an LOE (Letter of Explanation) post ITA to clarify the discrepancy to the officer. If you're very worried, you can also upload an affidavit which mentions all variants of your names across multiple documents and asserts that all those are variants of the name of the same individual.

All the best!

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
WES routinely issues the ECA report with the same name as on the educational credentials. If they differ from your passport (surprisingly more common than you would imagine) use an LOE (Letter of Explanation) post ITA to clarify the discrepancy to the officer. If you're very worried, you can also upload an affidavit which mentions all variants of your names across multiple documents and asserts that all those are variants of the name of the same individual.

All the best!
Thanks Asivand.

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Hi

I have the same issue. My first name/ Given name on my passport is : Prabhdeep Singh. There is no surname on my passport.

When I applied for ECA on WES website I put:

Last name - Singh
First name- Prabhdeep

My name on my ECA report is mentioned as: SINGH, Prabhdeep

may I know whether you managed to get it changed or its ok to proceed.

would like to get the viewpoint of other experts also.

thanks.

Deep29

Feb 23, 2017
Hi

I would like to have a suggestion on one of my issue. My first name/ Given name on my passport is : Mandeep kaur. There is no surname on my passport.

Last name - Kaur
First name- Mandeep

My name on my ECA report is mentioned as: KAUR, Mandeep

I want to clarify whether I have to to get it changed or its ok to proceed.

Thanks.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It's correct.

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
You got something? What did you do?
Hello Sir...

I have got my WES report recently and waiting for next draw with CRS 437

My name on the passport is
Surname: Trivedi
Given name: Amitkumar Rameshchandra (First + Middle Name)

Now, on my WES report name is TRIVEDI, Amitkumar.

It doesn't include the middle name/father's name

Please help....Should I be concerned?
go

damitdada

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
They will mention name according to the educational credentials...if you want them to mention any other name then send the document proofs for that. Please let me know your query so, I can explain u in detail.
I just want to understand did tou ECA report was redone? Did they changed name for you. I already got my ECA but now I need name change. I have raised a query but haven't heard anything from them.

sach28

Oct 27, 2017
Hi

I have the same issue. My first name/ Given name on my passport is : Prabhdeep Singh. There is no surname on my passport.

Last name - Singh
First name- Prabhdeep

My name on my ECA report is mentioned as: SINGH, Prabhdeep

may I know whether you managed to get it changed or its ok to proceed.

would like to get the viewpoint of other experts also.

thanks.
Did this become an issue when you applied after ita. Iam having the same problem. Should I get another ECA done

Nov 28, 2017
They will mention name according to the educational credentials...if you want them to mention any other name then send the document proofs for that. Please let me know your query so, I can explain u in detail.
I have a similar issue sorry,
My surname was written as my first name in WES , that was mistake number one .........then my middle name on my passport is different from the one on my WES middlename ....

hussain-lala

Nov 7, 2013
While creating profile at WES it asks for both given name and last name. If someone has single name which is used as last name the Lyn what should be mentioned in first name field in WES form