+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker - Fedral Stage 2017

DON_FAH

Apr 6, 2017
hey guys
I sent my document january 2017, get my medicals in july
but the security check is not still started (from CIC status I am saying)
Is this the case for anyone else?
thank you

Reactions: 514orbust

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
After waiting since 23rd March (AOR received ) I sent off a case specific enquiry to LVO. Their generic response is below:

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,

CKB

Client Service Unit
Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

Email – courriel : ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

unitedkingdom.gc.ca| royaume-uni.gc.ca

The only plus point that I know that my case officer is CKB. Does anyone else have the same person as their visa officer?

Reactions: minesweeper

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
After waiting since 23rd March (AOR received ) I sent off a case specific enquiry to LVO. Their generic response is below:

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,

CKB

Client Service Unit
Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

Email – courriel : ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

unitedkingdom.gc.ca| royaume-uni.gc.ca

The only plus point that I know that my case officer is CKB. Does anyone else have the same person as their visa officer?
Good to know. But why will your case officer reply to your inquiry telling you its awaiting review , rather than just reviewing the file . You cant just understand how those guys operate..also how long did you wait for the reply?

Reactions: Schehrazade

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Good to know. But why will your case officer reply to your inquiry telling you its awaiting review , rather than just reviewing the file . You cant just understand how those guys operate..also how long did you wait for the reply?
At Ottawa, files are assigned to visa officers for review/processing at Regular intervals. While a file is not being processed/reviewed then it's kept in some virtual location like "QC Inventory". I found out a cool trick to know if anyone is working on my file or not.

Send out email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with your application id EP00XXXXXX as Subject line. If you get generic automated reply within few hours then it's in Inventory and not being processed. If you do not get reply then it's means that your email was routed to Visa Officer's email queue and he/she may choose to send a non-generic reply or chose to ignore the email.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
At Ottawa, files are assigned to visa officers for review/processing at Regular intervals. While a file is not being processed/reviewed then it's kept in some virtual location like "QC Inventory". I found out a cool trick to know if anyone is working on my file or not.

Send out email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with your application id EP00XXXXXX as Subject line. If you get generic automated reply within few hours then it's in Inventory and not being processed. If you do not get reply then it's means that your email was routed to Visa Officer's email queue and he/she may choose to send a non-generic reply or chose to ignore the email.
Does the ottawa case apply to other VO? Does your trick work with the case specific inquiry as well? I know some people who received responses to their inquiry and It was a generic message exactly as the one above but no initials . Does this mean their file is in the inventory queue? Is the generic reply an aknowlegement of receipt of message saying they will get to you soon?

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
I didn't have to wait long..got a reply within 24 hours. Maybe what Appnov2014 said applies here too and I'm still stuck in some virtual queue. I don't know.

chirag.dedania

Sep 16, 2016
Ahmedabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
Hi Everyone,

Please, find my timeline below:

Applied for CSQ : Apr-2014
Received CSQ : Aug-2016
Federal applied: Oct-2016
UCI : Feb-2017
RPRF : upfront with federal application
Medical : Nov-2017
PPR : waiting

Now, I want to include my spouse to my application. I have few concerns regarding my application.

Please, find my situation below:

- I have a marriage certificate for the date of 14-02-2017

Situation:

After applying to federal (CIC) in Oct-2016 as a single, I married to my wife in Feb-2017 (arrange marriage).

I have not yet updated CIC about my marital status change.

1) Should I inform CIC about my marital status change and include my wife in current application?

- Can they cancel my CSQ if they points for me and my wife do not match existing CSQ criteria?
( My degree: B.E. in Information Technology
My work exp.: 6 years as senior software Engineer
My spouse degree: M.E. in Computer Engineering)

- How much time it may take to add my wife to current application (for CSQ + federal) ?

- Should I update my passport by adding spouse name in it or it will work without updating it ?

2) Should I add my spouse as a non-accompanying in the current application and sponsor her after landing ?

3) Should I land to Canada without informing CIC about marital status changes and then I need to do re-marry her and update marriage certificate date?

- If I don't inform them about marital status change and later if they found that I was already married at the time of Landing then they may deny my spouse for the lifetime and may cancel my PR ?

- What are the other consequences for that ?

Please, suggest me the best possible way to overcome from this situation.

Thanks in advance.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Everyone,

Please, find my timeline below:

Applied for CSQ : Apr-2014
Received CSQ : Aug-2016
Federal applied: Oct-2016
UCI : Feb-2017
RPRF : upfront with federal application
Medical : Nov-2017
PPR : waiting

Now, I want to include my spouse to my application. I have few concerns regarding my application.

Please, find my situation below:

- I have a marriage certificate for the date of 14-02-2017

Situation:

After applying to federal (CIC) in Oct-2016 as a single, I married to my wife in Feb-2017 (arrange marriage).

I have not yet updated CIC about my marital status change.

1) Should I inform CIC about my marital status change and include my wife in current application?

- Can they cancel my CSQ if they points for me and my wife do not match existing CSQ criteria?
( My degree: B.E. in Information Technology
My work exp.: 6 years as senior software Engineer
My spouse degree: M.E. in Computer Engineering)

- How much time it may take to add my wife to current application (for CSQ + federal) ?

- Should I update my passport by adding spouse name in it or it will work without updating it ?

2) Should I add my spouse as a non-accompanying in the current application and sponsor her after landing ?

3) Should I land to Canada without informing CIC about marital status changes and then I need to do re-marry her and update marriage certificate date?

- If I don't inform them about marital status change and later if they found that I was already married at the time of Landing then they may deny my spouse for the lifetime and may cancel my PR ?

- What are the other consequences for that ?

Please, suggest me the best possible way to overcome from this situation.

Thanks in advance.
1- how did you receive MR in Nov 2017 when we are still in October 2017?
2- i do not know what arranged marriage is but if the marraige is a genuine one( with marraige certificate) then i will advise you to update cic. Normally the procedure is to get csq for spouse from midi and send to your VO with updated forms. Or you can just update your VO and they will send you a list of documents to send. It may or may not delay your processing time but at the end you and your spouse will land as PR
3- if you do not want to inform cic, thats your choice. When you become a PR and want to sponsor your spouse, the case officer may notice this descripancy and that you married way before your PR application was approved. Meaning you did not inform them of this change, so they can assume you lied on your application or was hiding something or mispresentation. Only heavens know what they will do to your application to sponsor or even your PR status.
4- if theres nothing ti prove the union , like a marraige certificate, that means its a common law and if i were yoh i wont bother updating cic unless there is a child involved. I will just wait to become a PR then marry and sponsor

5- if i were you i would marry and update cic while my application is still in process. Me and my spouse will land as PR and this would save me a lot of time and the stress of sposoring where i have to go through a lot to proof admisibility, wait for more than a year for more than a year for a decision

chirag.dedania

Sep 16, 2016
Ahmedabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
1- how did you receive MR in Nov 2017 when we are still in October 2017?
2- i do not know what arranged marriage is but if the marraige is a genuine one( with marraige certificate) then i will advise you to update cic. Normally the procedure is to get csq for spouse from midi and send to your VO with updated forms. Or you can just update your VO and they will send you a list of documents to send. It may or may not delay your processing time but at the end you and your spouse will land as PR
3- if you do not want to inform cic, thats your choice. When you become a PR and want to sponsor your spouse, the case officer may notice this descripancy and that you married way before your PR application was approved. Meaning you did not inform them of this change, so they can assume you lied on your application or was hiding something or mispresentation. Only heavens know what they will do to your application to sponsor or even your PR status.
4- if theres nothing ti prove the union , like a marraige certificate, that means its a common law and if i were yoh i wont bother updating cic unless there is a child involved. I will just wait to become a PR then marry and sponsor

5- if i were you i would marry and update cic while my application is still in process. Me and my spouse will land as PR and this would save me a lot of time and the stress of sposoring where i have to go through a lot to proof admisibility, wait for more than a year for more than a year for a decision
Thanks minesweeper for your valuable suggestion.

sorry for the mistake.. I have received MR in September not in November.

One more thing, I haven't informed CIC or MIDI within 30 days so if I inform them now, will it create any issue ?
What they can ask in this case ?

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks minesweeper for your valuable suggestion.

sorry for the mistake.. I have received MR in September not in November.

One more thing, I haven't informed CIC or MIDI within 30 days so if I inform them now, will it create any issue ?
What they can ask in this case ?
The important thing is to update them on your civil status. Especially as you have a marraige certificate dated about 8 months earlier. Not sure if they will question you about it now that your pr application is in process, but am sure they would if you update them after you get DM. You are almost 13 months into processing meaning a DM is around the corner. If i were you i would update them asap

Kyle_Steve

Star Member
May 7, 2016

do we have any similar email for London visa office.

livingwater

Mar 5, 2014
Bon Jour!
All , I applied for Federal processing stage in August 2017. My File was recieved by Sydney Office on 6th September 2017.
When should I expect file number? Note that I am applying for USA and my Visa office is Buffalo ,NY. Also , I am trying to link the file with my MyCIS account. but it is not able to locate my file. Can someone please provide inputs?